How do I get a verified account
62880 30 2016-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vosjuh
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi,

The no-fly zones in my country have recently been updated (GEO-FENCE).  The airport next to the city I life in, has a large authorisation zone (yellow) around it. In this zone I am required to 'ask' for permission to fly. According to your website I should be able to get a verified account if I provide a mobile telephonenumber and the Phantom 3p's serial number.

Where can I do this??

2016-1-23
Use props
vosjuh
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI ??
Any info on this?
2016-1-26
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

You can do it right in the DJI GO app or here http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock
2016-1-27
Use props
Juani1
lvl.1
Argentina

Hello I would like to verify my account in order to unlock flight zones...I use to fly in my neighborhood but no I cannot longer do it..I guesss it’s because I’m on a yellow zone...so
1 - how do I verify my dji account ..? I guess I Did this in the past when I signed up but I read that I need to instead credit card details?
2 - after verification..how do I unlock zones?
DEBA0B37-3A89-4FB4-BF4B-9527CB1A608C.jpeg
A13BAEB8-ED8D-4FD0-AE2B-76831BD9D807.png
2019-3-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Juani1 Posted at 3-25 14:22
Hello I would like to verify my account in order to unlock flight zones...I use to fly in my neighborhood but no I cannot longer do it..I guesss it’s because I’m on a yellow zone...so
1 - how do I verify my dji account ..? I guess I Did this in the past when I signed up but I read that I need to instead credit card details?
2 - after verification..how do I unlock zones?

Hi Juani1, when connected to the Internet, DJI GO 4 allows you to unlock Authorization Zones on-site when you take off inside of or fly into one. Unlocking lasts for 24 hours and requires just a few taps on the screen. If there is any further problem, please send email to flysafe@dji.com for assistance, thank you.
2019-3-25
Use props
Stocc
New

Malta

I am having problems to activate my smart controller
Keeps asking me to write down the dji account
Can anyone help me pls?

Kind regards

Joseph
2019-6-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Stocc Posted at 6-29 04:19
I am having problems to activate my smart controller
Keeps asking me to write down the dji account
Can anyone help me pls?

Hi Joseph, just to verify, you are unable to activate the Smart Controller or you have trouble on unlocking the authorization zone via the smart controller?
If it is the first problem, please remove the SD card to try again, if there is no SD card, please connect the controller to DJI Assistant 2 to update the firmware to the latest version and then try again, thank you.
2019-6-29
Use props
donaldrey
New

fffasfadasdfasaafasfafafasfasfasfafaf
2019-9-21
Use props
fans5ad234ff
lvl.1

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-27 00:33
You can do it right in the DJI GO app or here http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock

No, you can't. In fact, I am unable to locate any instructions on how to get a verified account. DJI is a huge disappointment when it comes to customer support. Get used to it.
2019-9-23
Use props
fans5ad234ff
lvl.1

That is a lie. You cannot get an account verified through the app, nor on that web page. DJI is a sorry excuse for customer service.
2019-9-23
Use props
fans5ad234ff
lvl.1

DJI's geozone program will go down in history as the boondogle that knocked DJI out of the captain's chair. They will soon no longer be the go-to drone for professional photography. The geozone system is rife with errors and glitches. And you can forget about customer service. Any questions you have about geozones or error messages relating to geozones and you'll be told to contact the "fly safe" team. Only thing is, the "fly safe" team doesn't even have a phone line! So if you're in the field trying to complete a photo mission, you're out of luck.
2019-9-23
Use props
djiuser_wstxbYlxn5ic
lvl.1

Canada

Same problem.
2019-12-27
Use props
iisensei
New
Spain

DJI has said they will be coming out with an update by the end of December for the Mavic Mini to have the ability unlock the GeoZones. Today is Dec. 30... Here's hoping we get an update tomorrow. The nearest location for me that isn't covered by an authorization zone is about 15-20 KMs away.
2019-12-30
Use props
fans9a211f19
lvl.1
United States

That link does not exist
2020-2-15
Use props
edoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 975781 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do not see a section for creating an account on the fly app and when I put my email into the proper dji request it tells me invalid email but I never made an account. So how do I do it if there is no button to hit to CREATE an account
2020-4-11
Use props
djiuser_h854SghiwFch
New
Flight distance : 18327 ft
United States

fans5ad234ff Posted at 2019-9-23 12:33
No, you can't. In fact, I am unable to locate any instructions on how to get a verified account. DJI is a huge disappointment when it comes to customer support. Get used to it.

I totally agree. Support sucks bad
2020-6-24
Use props
djiuser_h854SghiwFch
New
Flight distance : 18327 ft
United States

Tim, Your website sucks!!!
The fancy assed map is junk. You cannot select the pin once you search for the desired location. So disappointed with the quality of web site, support and silly button pushing sequences. Seriously no idea how you get good reviews...Ever
2020-6-24
Use props
djiuser_woiXoh6fz1XD
New

United States

I wish to start all over with a new account can't get camera to work.
2020-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_woiXoh6fz1XD Posted at 10-23 09:08
I wish to start all over with a new account can't get camera to work.

Hi there, welcome to DJI Forum, which DJI product are you referring to? May we have the details of the problem you are having?
2020-10-23
Use props
RvE007
New

Australia

fans5ad234ff Posted at 2019-9-23 12:38
DJI's geozone program will go down in history as the boondogle that knocked DJI out of the captain's chair. They will soon no longer be the go-to drone for professional photography. The geozone system is rife with errors and glitches. And you can forget about customer service. Any questions you have about geozones or error messages relating to geozones and you'll be told to contact the "fly safe" team. Only thing is, the "fly safe" team doesn't even have a phone line! So if you're in the field trying to complete a photo mission, you're out of luck.

same problem and DJI provided website gives HTML erorr 404. This is real crap DJI. You buy an expensive drone and DJI determines what you can and cannot do with it. DO NOT BUY DJI
2020-12-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

RvE007 Posted at 12-26 06:45
same problem and DJI provided website gives HTML erorr 404. This is real crap DJI. You buy an expensive drone and DJI determines what you can and cannot do with it. DO NOT BUY DJI

Hi there, you may check this website: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/custom-unlock or send an email to flysafe@dji.com, we're here to help, thanks.
2020-12-26
Use props
iFly2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194370 ft
Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 2020-12-26 23:46
Hi there, you may check this website: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/custom-unlock or send an email to , we're here to help, thanks.

Hi there,

Thank you for the info.

On the DJI Self-Unlock site, the option to do a scheduled unlock is also given:

"2. Scheduled Self-Unlocking
Users planning to fly in an Authorization Zone without an Internet connection can use the Online Flight Planner to schedule up to 30 simultaneous unlocking plans. Each unlocked zone will remain unlocked for three days.
Unlocking an Authorization Zone requires a DJI user account verified with a mobile phone number"

For us being a certified operator that would be the option to go for. However, nowhere is indicated how to obtain that verified DJI account with mobile phone number.

Please inform us how to actually obtain a verified account.

Regards,

2021-1-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

iFly2 Posted at 1-4 02:51
Hi there,

Thank you for the info.

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered, regarding the GEO Zone Unlock issues, please send us an email to flysafe@dji.com, our team will help to check and provide further assistance. Thanks.
2021-1-4
Use props
djiuser_nDckNCt5Ffin
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2021-1-4 03:27
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered, regarding the GEO Zone Unlock issues, please send us an email to , our team will help to check and provide further assistance. Thanks.

None of the advice on this forum has allowed me to get an "activated DJI account" for the purposes of getting authorizations to fly. Links are either broken, or they freeze when trying to enter data. Costco will be contacting you, because I am returning my Mini 2 to them for a full refund because the product is defective. As I was told by them, they will be contacting you, expecting a full reimbursement from you for your defective product. Read the fine print of the contract you signed with them...
2022-2-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_nDckNCt5Ffin Posted at 2-12 12:56
None of the advice on this forum has allowed me to get an "activated DJI account" for the purposes of getting authorizations to fly. Links are either broken, or they freeze when trying to enter data. Costco will be contacting you, because I am returning my Mini 2 to them for a full refund because the product is defective. As I was told by them, they will be contacting you, expecting a full reimbursement from you for your defective product. Read the fine print of the contract you signed with them...

Hello, there. We are sorry that the post above is one year ago and our fly safe page has been changed. You may refer to this link:
https://www.dji.com/flysafe?from=store_footer
or directly send an email to our Flysafe team through this email address: flysafe@dji.com
Sincerely apologize for any inconvenience brought. We respect your decision. If you have any questions in the future, please feel free to talk.
2022-2-12
Use props
djiuser_fmlFjMF4Nl3Y
New
Flight distance : 23432 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-12 17:12
Hello, there. We are sorry that the post above is one year ago and our fly safe page has been changed. You may refer to this link:
https://www.dji.com/flysafe?from=store_footer
or directly send an email to our Flysafe team through this email address:

The link doesn't verify the account. the email address doesn't verify the account. Is this incomplete answer due to "you have no idea either"? because that's exactly what it says otherwise you'd have actually answered the question. We're not that stupid, we recognize a blow-off when we read one!

So let's try this - answer the questions here.... no more go to this web link or email someone else who doesn't know either

***So - exactly what steps do we take to verify our account. Answer here_____

We'll concern ourselves with the next step after we can verify our account. BTW, I have 2 weeks left to return the unit to DJI via Amazon (which is why I didn't buy direct from DJI) so no answer = you get it back and I move on... and kick myself for even remotely thinking you guys changed.
2022-3-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_fmlFjMF4Nl3Y Posted at 3-24 13:12
The link doesn't verify the account. the email address doesn't verify the account. Is this incomplete answer due to "you have no idea either"? because that's exactly what it says otherwise you'd have actually answered the question. We're not that stupid, we recognize a blow-off when we read one!

So let's try this - answer the questions here.... no more go to this web link or email someone else who doesn't know either

We are sorry for any confusion caused. The link is for our customers to submit unlocking requests. If you encounter any issue during the unlocking issue, you can contact the email flysafe@dji.com for further assistance. Or you can tell us more details of the issue you encountered and provide us with a screenshot to check which step you are in so that we can help you further. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-3-25
Use props
djiuser_fmlFjMF4Nl3Y
New
Flight distance : 23432 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-25 02:05
We are sorry for any confusion caused. The link is for our customers to submit unlocking requests. If you encounter any issue during the unlocking issue, you can contact the email  for further assistance. Or you can tell us more details of the issue you encountered and provide us with a screenshot to check which step you are in so that we can help you further. Thanks for your understanding.

I have LAANC Authorization but I don't have DJI's authorization to fly where the Federal Government has authorized me to fly.  DJI's job is to warn us not prohibit us. I own a Lamborghini that can do 200 MPH + . They don't require authorization for me to go that fast. They leave "policing" to the authorities and not take on policing themselves which would  also transfer liabilities to them if they did - they're smart to stay out of the policing business.  DJI on the other hand has inserted themselves right in the middle of policing something they have no authority to police. You don't have authority to grant flying in these zones so stay the hell out of policing it! You are buying the liability by pretending to be an FAA authority where you are clearly NOT.

In any case I'm returning the DJI for a full refund - a rather smart move on my apart. DJI is just not worth the hassle. There are other Drones that warn me if I'm approaching a zone and leaves the authorization up to me to obtain - smart aren't they!?

I recommend for any buyer considering a DJI product to be sure you buy through Amazon so you get a 30 day full money back guarantee. I'm so glad I did!

Here's your fix - warn us of the zone. We get immediate LAANC approval (while flying - because LAANC is that fast) we enter the AUTH code and you immediately release the zone for flight (while in flight). We are responsible to  acquire AUTH and to remain lawful. You get out of the Policing business. If anyone tried pretending to be a police officer they'd be arrested. We leave the policing to the Authorities here in the U.S. so I suggest you do the same! You are not FAA or LAANC, so back-off DJI
2022-3-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_fmlFjMF4Nl3Y Posted at 3-27 08:59
I have LAANC Authorization but I don't have DJI's authorization to fly where the Federal Government has authorized me to fly.  DJI's job is to warn us not prohibit us. I own a Lamborghini that can do 200 MPH + . They don't require authorization for me to go that fast. They leave "policing" to the authorities and not take on policing themselves which would  also transfer liabilities to them if they did - they're smart to stay out of the policing business.  DJI on the other hand has inserted themselves right in the middle of policing something they have no authority to police. You don't have authority to grant flying in these zones so stay the hell out of policing it! You are buying the liability by pretending to be an FAA authority where you are clearly NOT.

In any case I'm returning the DJI for a full refund - a rather smart move on my apart. DJI is just not worth the hassle. There are other Drones that warn me if I'm approaching a zone and leaves the authorization up to me to obtain - smart aren't they!?

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused to you. Just to clarify, our geofencing systems are designed to provide some general protection to sensitive locations around the world, not to match any particular set of regulations that apply to a certain user.
We understand your request, we will note it down and forward it to the corresponding teams.
2022-3-27
Use props
Jaimelan
lvl.1
United States

Page not found
2023-2-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Sorry for the inconvenience. You can visit this new link:
https://fly-safe.dji.com/unlock/unlock-request/list
2023-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules