Osmo - Straight Extension Arm
1990 10 2016-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MsNikita
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I'm thinking about buying the Osmo Straight Extension Arm. I'm looking at the images on the product page and getting a little confused.

Can someone who knows about this product clairfy, please which screw fitting it actually comes with?
The first image implies the screw fiting is much longer than the diagram suggests. And I don't need the bike mount right now.

Cheers.

2016-1-24
Use props
fran
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74052 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

it comes with both
2016-1-24
Use props
MsNikita
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks Fran.

Maybe the webmaster who updates the product page should make this clear!!
2016-1-24
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

It also comes with an extra grip plate that you can attach instead of the short screw, then you can mount two arms together with the long screw.
If i'd known this at the time I would have ordered two arms.
2016-1-24
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

rj74@me.com Posted at 2016-1-25 08:51
It also comes with an extra grip plate that you can attach instead of the short screw, then you can  ...

and they are really good quality too- I have the arm and the accessory extension for mics, lights etc and that is also really nicely made. Be aware that you need both if you want to use the accessory mount, otherwise there is no way to mount your phone as well.
Rod and the cat.{:3_48:}
2016-1-24
Use props
kvamens
lvl.3

Norway

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-1-24 22:18
and they are really good quality too- I have the arm and the accessory extension for mics, lights  ...

What's best assessories to use if you want to mount Osmo on a normal photo tripod?
Do the screw fit normal photo tripod?
Anyone know?

Thanks
2016-1-25
Use props
fran
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74052 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

kvamens Posted at 2016-1-25 09:32
What's best assessories to use if you want to mount Osmo on a normal photo tripod?
Do the screw fi ...

Im using  DJI OSMO   extension stick , this  connect to a normal tripod and from this you can connect the OSMO.
They may be other alternatives but  this one works fine
2016-1-25
Use props
MsNikita
lvl.2

United Kingdom

fran Posted at 2016-1-25 11:26
Im using  DJI OSMO   extension stick , this  connect to a normal tripod and from this you can conn ...

I'm wondering, isn't it possible to mount our Osmo to a regular tripod with a ball-head using the straight extension arm too?  
2016-1-25
Use props
MsNikita
lvl.2

United Kingdom

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-1-24 21:18
and they are really good quality too- I have the arm and the accessory extension for mics, lights  ...

On order, I have a couple batteries,  straight extension arm and a universal mount thing...

I would like to hope DJI will make a more convenient travel charger with the regular US style 2 prong plug that flips in and out? Having an IEC C7 cable is nice but not very travel friendly. :@

Or how about a dual battery charger wilst your in the process? Again with the US style 2 prong plug that flips in and out
2016-1-25
Use props
dennismurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

MsNikita Posted at 2016-1-25 04:44
I'm wondering, isn't it possible to mount our Osmo to a regular tripod with a ball-head using the  ...

The sizes are 1/4 20
2016-1-26
Use props
MsNikita™
lvl.2

United Kingdom

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2016-1-26 21:08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwY9PacGJeQ
The sizes are 1/4 20

Thanks Denis. I got this working with the extension arm & a ball-head

Still waiting other accessories to appear.
Coming from HK, guess that'll be around February when they arrive.
2016-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules