Georeferenced Photos
3306 2 2014-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
therupps
New

United States

I have been looking at "precision drone",  they run about $18,000 and was hoping to make a dji do the same thing they do.  I was thinking the s900 but what i am looking to do is to fly over corn fields and get infa red photos that can be turned into ndvi's.  the precision drone automatically georeferences the photos meaning when you download them they can be loaded into the farming software and laid onto a map with gps coordinates already lining it up where it needs to be. does anyone know what kind of drone/camera/ and gimble i would need to make all of this work.
thanks in advance
brian

2014-9-25
Use props
neto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1268898 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Particularly I did not find any dji solution for this kind of work. I know the vision and vision plus does save the geo info at picture metadata, but their regular camera does not help much. Wish there was a way to mod the + camera to get nir pictures.

2014-9-28
Use props
SFOS900
lvl.1

United States

HAHAHHA

I am with you guys and that is why these other drones or UAV UVAS are so expensive.... You can no expect a toy ( very expensive ) company to make a perfect cheap solution. That in mind I believe Canon as well Panasonic make GPS receivers for the cameras.....

Not sure if that option would work for you.....
2014-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules