Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Strange sound - DJI Phantom 3 Advanced problem need HELP
2079 26 2016-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dan_hada_88
lvl.1

Romania

Hello
Just bought a brand new DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. All good but when I start the motors I hear a strange sound and I think that is a problem with this DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. Please watch the video and listen to the sound and tell me if you know what make that sound. The strange sound (heard/soundes better) when I accelerate slowly the motors at 0:22, 0:46 and other parts in the video. Here is the the video:  

Thanks and have a nice day !

2016-1-24
Use props
flormo2002
First Officer
Flight distance : 5112730 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you flown it yet or just let it idle up on your table?
2016-1-24
Use props
dan_hada_88
lvl.1

Romania

flormo2002@yaho Posted at 2016-1-24 17:07
Have you flown it yet or just let it idle up on your table?

I don't fly with the drone yet.
2016-1-24
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

The motors have a beautiful sound
There's a disturbing brrrrtttrrttrr sound but that started before the motors?
Hope that one comes from interference and not your drone..
Remember all motors have a break in period!
2016-1-24
Use props
Cessna172
Second Officer
United States

I hear two sounds...one is very loud and sounds like some kind of interference.   I'm guessing that one is not related to the Phantom.
The other noise I hear sounds like a scraping noise related to the spinning of the motors / props.
Maybe it's a resonance vibration?

Can you try again maybe with a differnt recording device because if the loud noise I hear is your Phantom, it needs to go back immediately.

2016-1-24
Use props
Aerian
lvl.1

Romania

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-1-24 19:55
There's a disturbing brrrrtttrrttrr sound but that started befo ...

That sound like short circuit sound came to the drone not interferences I heard it when the motor accelerate like in the video.
2016-1-24
Use props
Aerian
lvl.1

Romania

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-1-24 20:02
I hear two sounds...one is very loud and sounds like some kind of interference.   I'm guessing that  ...

No the sound whithbthe video begins is interferenc, that sound I don't heard in reality just in video. Second sound is the normal motor sound and third sound the problem sound is when I accelerate the motor i hear a strange sound like a short circuit listen carefully at 0:22-23,24-0:26 abd at the end of the video when I accelerate again
2016-1-24
Use props
Aerian
lvl.1

Romania

The problem sound its like when you maximum encrase the audio in your phone or other device and the speaker is buzzing "zzzz"
2016-1-24
Use props
Aerian
lvl.1

Romania

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-1-24 19:55
There's a disturbing brrrrtttrrttrr sound but that started befo ...

Sorry but I don't understand what are you want to say the motors have a brake in period. You mean the motor is not used for a long time ? But its must sound fine without that buzzz when I accelerate that loud sound is interferences
2016-1-24
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Break in period

Aerian Posted at 2016-1-24 19:27
Sorry but I don't understand what are you want to say the motors have a brake in period. You mean  ...

No, I mean all brand new motors have a harder sound until the parts have (language barrier) adjusted to each other.
I think your motors sounds great.
Note I have 46 year old ears used to enjoy heavy metal music a lot
2016-1-24
Use props
Aerian
lvl.1

Romania

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-1-24 21:04
No, I mean all brand new motors have a harder sound until the parts have (language barrier) adjust ...

2016-1-24
Use props
stray_bullets
lvl.2

United Kingdom

The first sound "fast clicking that OP couldn't hear" is the VPS working.
2016-1-24
Use props
stray_bullets
lvl.2

United Kingdom

stray_bullets Posted at 2016-1-24 19:27
The first sound "fast clicking that OP couldn't hear" is the VPS working.

...and by that, I mean the ultrasonic emitter and receiver part of the VPS module.
2016-1-24
Use props
Aerian
lvl.1

Romania

When I turn off the VPS sistem the sound persist. It is another way to turn off the VPS totaly ?
2016-1-24
Use props
willbaroo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-1-24 18:02
I hear two sounds...one is very loud and sounds like some kind of interference.   I'm guessing that  ...

It's exactly this, mine did it - fly's 'a' ok!
2016-1-24
Use props
Aerian
lvl.1

Romania

Aerian Posted at 2016-1-24 21:54
When I turn off the VPS sistem the sound persist. It is another way to turn off the VPS totaly ?

...and if I turn off the VPS why that sound persist and heard when I accelerate because when the motor run in idle I don't hear the sound. If that sound is caused by the VPS why I heard it, because that is ultrasonic who I can't heard normaly.
2016-1-24
Use props
stray_bullets
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I was saying the loud sound you said you couldn't hear was the ultrasonic part of the VPS module. I think the sound you are hearing from the motors will go with time. I wouldn't advise running your motors without props on for too long either. The motors are designed to be run in with some resistance i.e with props mounted...
2016-1-24
Use props
Aerian
lvl.1

Romania

stray_bullets Posted at 2016-1-24 22:12
I was saying the loud sound you said you couldn't hear was the ultrasonic part of the VPS module. I  ...

Thanks for explain me
2016-1-24
Use props
Rob_stal
Captain
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

Nothing wrong with the motors, they are not loaded ( no props) and will rev up much quicker than a loaded motor. Normally it is not recommended to rev unloaded motors to full rpm, they sound fine and yes the clicking sound is the VPS.
2016-1-24
Use props
Rob_stal
Captain
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

stray_bullets Posted at 2016-1-25 04:12
I was saying the loud sound you said you couldn't hear was the ultrasonic part of the VPS module. I  ...

+1..........
2016-1-24
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Motors sound normal to me.  Popping is likely VPS.  I hear it in almost every video I watch of people demonstrating in close proximity of their Phantom.
2016-1-24
Use props
Aerian
lvl.1

Romania

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-1-25 00:23
Motors sound normal to me.  Popping is likely VPS.  I hear it in almost every video I watch of peopl ...

Please post a video link because in every video I watched I don't hear that sound. In reality the VPS make a sound who can heard ? Today I contact a service customer to show them the problem and what they saying and I post here the result.
2016-1-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yeah, I can't hear sound on that clip either.
2016-1-24
Use props
Aerian
lvl.1

Romania

I talk to a service customer at DJI online support and send them the video to listen to that sound and they teold me that is a problem whith this phantom and need to change it because i just bought.
I think it is a problem ....
08:45:41
Yes please contact the seller or our regional office in Europe for quick help
In order to provide you with the fastest and most effective service, our Support Team in GmbH is taking charge of the after-sales service for customers from Europe. If you need any support concerning the product, please feel free to contact our GmbH regional office for help.

The contacts of our GmbH regional office are as follow:

Email: support.eu@dji.com

Phone:+49(0)97479304200

Monday to Friday, 9:00AM-5:00PM (German Time GMT+1:00)

We apologize if this change has caused any inconvenience to you and really appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

So .... the problem exist that sound is not a normal sound.
2016-1-24
Use props
Aerian
lvl.1

Romania

Aerian Posted at 2016-1-25 08:55
I talk to a service customer at DJI online support and send them the video to listen to that sound a ...

the conversation is too long but I assure you that customer service told me it is a problem.
2016-1-24
Use props
Aerian
lvl.1

Romania

To hear that strange sound please put the volum at maximum because if it is at medium or minim you don't hear it.
2016-1-24
Use props
Aerian
lvl.1

Romania

Aerian Posted at 2016-1-25 09:33
To hear that strange sound please put the volum at maximum because if it is at medium or minim you d ...

Tomorow I send the drone back to the dealer to change it under DOA. Hope at the end of the week the dealer send to me a brand new one. Have a nice day, and thanks for all respons and opinions.
2016-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules