eBay, Amazon, Craigslist inspire1 purchase
1562 8 2016-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nativeimages
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164908 ft
United States

anyone have good or bad experience on eBay, Amazon or craigslist purchases? I've bought replacement parts... But seems a person can save money buying used on eBay.....I'm still reassembling my inspire 1 ...... Hopefully it will be ready for a test flight on Friday....from the Puget Sound Evergreen State.....peace....
2016-1-24
Use props
blairszymczyk
lvl.1

United States

I have purchased 2 Inspire 1 aircraft and several Phantoms and always got a good deal and they are backed by Ebay's money back guarantee.
Also there are many registered DJI dealers that sell on Ebay. My 2 local DJI dealers dropped their products after having customer service problems.
2016-1-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

be careful with the replacement parts, user interference in the AC hardware can void the warranty.
2016-1-24
Use props
nativeimages
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the replies guy's....
2016-1-24
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

nativeimages Posted at 2016-1-24 18:44
Thanks for the replies guy's....

With some of the Deals you can get from DJI or B&H photo's, Personally I would avoid used. you might save 100-200 bucks.
However you are not only  foregoing the warranty but drones or a high risk Item to begin with.
you never know when one has been for a swim and rebuilt or crashed and rebuilt.
its hard to say what is a good deal or not... personally even if its half cost, For me I  just consider that halfway  to a brand new machine. That warranty can be worth a lot when you consider that 1 crash can total the unit.
2016-1-24
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

AlaskanTides Posted at 2016-1-25 00:36
With some of the Deals you can get from DJI or B&H photo's, Personally I would avoid used. you mig ...

I purchased assumingly brand new P3 Pro from US few days ago on ebay, for about $200 less than official DJI price. Seller advertised the unit as unused, never flown, not activated (warranty issue), but in open box. During price negotiation by phone he also confirmed my finding of him selling 2 other identical Phantoms on ebay. Now I'm waiting for delivery, meantime wondering who are those people selling new units for less? Type Phantom or Inspire in search and you can browse thru 50+ pages, spotting many deals like mine! Did I put myself in potentially slippery situation?
2016-1-25
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-1-24 23:13
I purchased assumingly brand new P3 Pro from US few days ago on ebay, for about $200 less than off ...

I have no Idea.... that is just the type of situation I would try to avoid however.  
With only  a  $200.00 differance  between the product you purchased and a known product with a good warranty from DJI or B&H photo,  Thats not a good deal  in my opinion.
On the bright side you are covered by E-bay customer protection, so if the product is not authentic or not as described you should be able to get you're money back.
2016-1-25
Use props
nativeimages
lvl.2
United States

Received my eBay inspire 1 today..... Packaging was damaged.... But the bird survived the long journey.....with the stock case.... I successfully updated the RC firmware after 3 attempts.....1st 2 attempts were with tab pro 12.2 inch tablet with lollipop.... Said it installed and the about said it installed.... But kept getting message to install it.... Uninstalled the go app and reinstalled it but kept getting need to update.... Plus after updating the inspire firmware I couldn't  bind the RC to the bird.... So I uninstalled/reinstalled go app on iPhone 6s and  successfully updated RC firmware.... That was as far as I got before I had to go to work  this evening.... Test flights tomorrow pending weather conditions.... I'll keep everyone posted..... Still rebuilding my original inspire 1..... It's a time consuming tedious job....didn't even touch it during my 4 days off.... Hopefully it will be back together in the next 2 to 4 weeks.... Peace....
2016-2-1
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

AlaskanTides Posted at 2016-1-25 08:36
With some of the Deals you can get from DJI or B&H photo's, Personally I would avoid used. you mig ...

If I would live in usa I would never buy from B&H. I remember when someone here had a warranty issue and it turned out there is no warranty and guaranty at B&H at all and unfortunately at their registered location this seems to be legal.

They refer you to DJI then and they will treat warranty under their rules which in most cases gives you far less warranty then at most countries dealers.

In USA I would buy from a dealer residing in one of the few a states that have appropriate consumer protection legislation. However you have to research this in detail yourself.
2016-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules