Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What made my decision of getting a DJI drône.
995 3 2016-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dompie
lvl.2

Canada

Good day,

I was luring the fact of getting a drone for quite a while and I could not make up my mind about WHICH one i would get. 3DR, DJI. Parot etc etc. choice was not an issue not the price range because my goal was around 2000$ CND .

My main concern was '' TECH SUPPORT ''.

ALL over the place, there is a lot of dissatisfaction about the way DJI handle their '' after purchase service '' so before the purchase ( November 2015 ), I was very concerned.

I have weighted all aspects of the topic, top bottom, sides, etc etc and I came up with DJI because I am stuburn and very reactive, I lived well with this behavior of mine and well reknowned for it. ( Broadcast and Live shobusiness trade ).

I bought an HDMI interface straight from DJI Store, on the Web. Amazingly enough, the interface came to my work place within 3 business days (( re-WOWWWW )). As soon as I received it, I managed to install it and tried to get it to work :  NADA, NIET NOP would resume the end result.

There is starts, I would bein a position to evaluate the correctness of these assumptions about their Tech Support or So I thought.

December 03, it's the date ( or approx ) I finally got a reply from the tech support that they would send me an RMA in order to send the unit for evaluation.  I received the email 10 days after the confirmation of this. I sent the unit to Toronto's office for repair and after a couple ( more that 7 )of call to the tech support ( phone and/or Live Chat ) they said that I would get a reply within two (2) business days. Their two (2) days issue came up to 10 days. There was NO way I could get a solid reply either from the phone support nor from the LIve chat.

Let me give you a ball park figure here :
I very often order technical parts from Digikey (www.digikey.com) and If the order is placed before 8:00PM (20:00pm), the item ordered ( if in stock of course ) will bang into your door the next day, wrapped properly and with a ton of documents about the process.

We're in 2016 for a couple of days, and the competition is '' ferocius '' in getting your side of the market, your customers nd your business. In fact they want us all out of there so they could make millions from our discoveries. That's capitalism at it's best.

Do not misunderstand me here, I  '' A D O R E '' the product, the way it behaves, the way it handles except that the RETURN HOME feature could be more precise to my opinion.

In conclusion, there is a whole bunch of willing guys and gals out-there that are using YOUR stuff, are making these threads the way they are, Are comming up with solutions way faster than you could come up with. There is a ton ( like me ) that are engineers in electronics, computer trade, Mecanics, Physics and all the trades that could be usefull to make these products ( DJI's drones ) the best money could buy..........P L E A S EEEEEeeeeeee try to match your support dept to this amazing product.

Empires were built within a couple of months and billions of tons of arm oil.......but a very stupid grain of sand could jam the whole mecanic and make this Giant crumble to it's end in a whole less time.....

Cordially.

Jacques Dompierre
MIS Engineer
Broadcast Engineer.

2016-1-24
Use props
Dompie
lvl.2

Canada

Thanks for the reply,

In another topic, I have to say that their SALES dept is worth to mention.  24 to 48 hours after the order, the parts show-up exactly as purchased on their site and THAT is what i'd call PERFECT.

I sincerely wish that they will match their Support dept. on their sales dept.

2016-1-27
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-1-25 07:52
I took one look at your avatar, and I can smell the frustration.

Definitely a little sphinxter sadness going on with that a"ss"vatar for sure!
2016-1-27
Use props
Dompie
lvl.2

Canada

Thanks for the '' sshhhhh '' note

2016-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules