new york city snowboarding video
1034 5 2016-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SydneyMark
lvl.2

Australia

This, some obvious drone shots, where the outrage?

2016-1-25
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

hahah lol!  this one is cool!
2016-1-25
Use props
koine777
lvl.2

United States

Yeah...very cool.
2016-1-25
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

Casey Neistat is famous filmmaker and vlogger. As attested by this video he does his own thing. He openly admits that he does not read directions.  He has crashed several Phantoms doing different things like flying it inside his office. Normally I would be outraged too as he probably represents many new Phantom owners of the "take it out of the box and fly it school", but he is such a positive guy that came up from nothing by sheer talent and will that I have to give him a pass.
2016-1-25
Use props
gherd
lvl.2
United States

I love the video. It is creative, has great video shots, looks like fun, etc but....  It is as stupid as hell.  First is the obvious danger part.  At one point there was a vehicle so close behind that if either one of them fell, there was a good chance he would have been run over.  Second, there was a travel ban and no one was allowed on the streets unless they were police, rescue, sanitation or other snow or emergency personnel.  Third, drone pilots don't need to give government another reason to outlaw drones.  

This stunt actually made it to main stream media via ABC Nightly News.  They spun it in a positive light.  How many copy cats will try this kind of thing next storm?  

Ok, yeah, I know I am getting old.  There was a time that I would have been right out there with him.
2016-1-25
Use props
davidlwoodall
lvl.2

United States

No comment on the safety aspect, but......

I love it!

Rock on, New Yorkers!
2016-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules