Ouch!...I can't possibly be the only one...
1459 8 2015-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmlooper
lvl.1
United States

OK, at first I thought about posting this in the "Warning" section, being that I wanted to warn everyone about the sharpness of the rotor blades on the Phantom 2 Vision + 3.0. I got into a tight situation with the drone and naturally I hit the wrong joystick. The drone turned upside-down and all I saw was greenery flying everywhere. Not all the motors were turning and I freaked out and stuck my hand into the drone to try to minimize damage. Not a smart thing to do, it ended up shredding three fingers and spent a week sporting band-aids on 3 different fingers. I try to use my head for something besides a "hat rack", but I failed miserably. Everything is working OK on the drone but it seems to drift while in GPS mode. I'm wondering if I could of caused some unseen damage. It's good to know that the motors are clutched when obstructed.  Still having a blast though...

Cheers!
2015-1-2
Use props
momochi
lvl.2

United States

Check IMU calibration in the PT2 Phantom assistant. do the advanced and basic calibration
2015-1-2
Use props
momochi
lvl.2

United States

And keep your fingers out of the props.
2015-1-2
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're not the only one.....however, you are the member of a pretty select club.

I've only gotten hit by my toy grade props....hardly a scratch.
2015-1-2
Use props
drone
lvl.4

United States

I actually have warning stickers on my Phantom to remind me to stay clear of the props!
2015-1-2
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

drone@jatobserv Posted at 2015-1-3 14:35
I actually have warning stickers on my Phantom to remind me to stay clear of the props!

JM has warning stickers on his fingers called scars.
2015-1-2
Use props
jmlooper
lvl.1
United States

momochi Posted at 2015-1-3 06:15
Check IMU calibration in the PT2 Phantom assistant. do the advanced and basic calibration

That's exactly what I did to correct the drift. Hovers on a dime! Thanks
2015-1-3
Use props
jmlooper
lvl.1
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-3 14:37
JM has warning stickers on his fingers called scars.

That's funny, but after 58 years I barely have fingerprints left..
2015-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules