Is there a good iOS screen capture app?
2980 10 2016-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nrechtman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1555344 ft
United States

i see a lot of android users recommending a certain app for screen capturing, is there a good one for us iOS users?
2016-1-25
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

You don't need an app to capture the screen on IOS, just press the home button & power button together & it'll save an image in the camera roll.

If you mean video, you can record it with a Mac using Quicktime.  Not sure if you can with a PC though.
2016-1-25
Use props
nrechtman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1555344 ft
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-1-26 01:28
You don't need an app to capture the screen on IOS, just press the home button & power button togeth ...

No, I want to record my iPad screen (video) during flights
2016-1-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

nrechtman Posted at 2016-1-26 11:53
No, I want to record my iPad screen (video) during flights

Frankly, your iPad is going to be flat out processing the Go App and the video from the aircraft, it won't have much reserve processing capability to record a video of the screen as well. Even if it does, you will probably end up with a poor display of the aircraft camera view.
2016-1-25
Use props
flormo2002
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-25 19:30
Frankly, your iPad is going to be flat out processing the Go App and the video from the aircraft,  ...

If that is the case, how do all these other people do this task as I see it all the time on Youtube videos showing the screen along with camera view of the Drone. Guess Android devices have more computer power your saying than an iPad?
2016-1-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

flormo2002@yaho Posted at 2016-1-26 13:36
If that is the case, how do all these other people do this task as I see it all the time on Youtub ...

Because they are using a replay of the flight, not capturing the screen.
2016-1-25
Use props
longislandcampe
lvl.2

United States

Litchi will record your screen as you are asking.  Works well.
2016-1-25
Use props
leorvasquez
lvl.2
United States

Hey FlyinBryan, Have you used the Lichti app? I saw it in the app store, its $15 and didn't see one iTunes review for it yet. Just curious is all. Thanks.
2016-1-25
Use props
FPV Booster
lvl.3

Hong Kong

FPV Camera (http://fpvbooster.com/index.php? ... &view=article&id=16) has a build-in screen recorder. If you want to record DJI GO or other apps screen, you may use AirShou. Check out "How to record DJI GO app screen on iOS 9 with AirShou?"
2016-1-25
Use props
flormo2002
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-25 21:08
Because they are using a replay of the flight, not capturing the screen.

I was talking about when you see split screen videos of what's captured from DJI go app along with video shots from the Drone. You say that Litchi does this and that's good then
2016-1-27
Use props
jeffcard
lvl.1

Hong Kong

I give up struggling to look for iOS screen recording app, Apple won't approve for it. Currently, I'm using a desktop app call acethinker iphone screen recorder that mirrors my iPhone screen to the computer and use its screen recording function to make videos. It's not that direct, but it works.
http://acethinker.com/iphone-screen-recorder/
2016-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules