A2 Green and Yellow blink during flight !
3151 18 2016-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mitarashki
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4610774 ft
Bulgaria

Hello guys. I have upgraded my A2 firmware to the latest version and I have saw after compass calibration strange behavior on the LED module. Detailed description :

- A2 boots normal
- 9 staellites locked
- LED only purple blink before takeof
- After takeof between the purple blinks there are green and yellow series of blinking !!!
- The aircraft is flying perfect, but all the time there is this green and yellow blinks

The strange thing is that happens only when it flies, never on the ground which will mean abnormal compas data refered to the manual. Also it is first time I am seeing this LED signal, never before.

Please help if you know the reason
1st part - before takeof - everything looks fine
2nd part - in the air - green yellow blink
3rd part - when landed again fine

2016-1-25
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Hey, did someone recognize the reason for this LED status ?
2016-1-26
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

mitarashki Posted at 2016-1-26 12:36
Hey, did someone recognize the reason for this LED status ?

Hum...thats weird...the Yellow/Green on the A2 indicates Abnormal Compass Data...dont know why you get a home point indication then it goes to abnormal....did you do a compass calibration before flight? Is there a possibility of some interference up there?
2016-1-27
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Bulgaria

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2016-1-27 20:11
Hum...thats weird...the Yellow/Green on the A2 indicates Abnormal Compass Data...dont know why you ...

Thanks for your reply dennismurry08
Yes, I have made successful compass calibration just before the flight there. This place is aroung 500m. away from civilisation, close to small local village. I guess there shouldn't be much interference on this location, exept high magnetite level in the rock around. I made a test today without recalibrating the compass at another location and the green & yellow blinks came just before the end of the flight when a person near me picked up mobile phone call. The day from the video I had mobile phone + hands free communication with the camera operator all the time during the flights. Is it possible to be that ?
2016-1-27
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Bulgaria

mitarashki Posted at 2016-1-27 21:25
Thanks for your reply dennismurry08
Yes, I have made successful compass calibration just before th ...

Also I found another person with the same problem back in 07.22.2014. I am trying to connect him and see if he figured it out. Strange issue. Never happend before

2016-1-27
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Bulgaria

mitarashki Posted at 2016-1-27 21:28
Also I found another person with the same problem back in 07.22.2014. I am trying to connect him a ...

If DJI support can give us any suggestions would be GREAT.
2016-1-27
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Bulgaria

mitarashki Posted at 2016-1-27 21:29
If DJI support can give us any suggestions would be GREAT.

Todays flight test update.
- I have recalibrateted the IMU in a perfectly horizontal copter frame.
- Recalibrated the compass on the flying field

After the procedures above I took the bird up. Flying perfect and getting the green/yellow blink only on one exact spot of the field I fly and in only one direction of the aircraft - South. When I hover there and rotate the nose to a different direction the green/yellow blink disappears. My Compass MOD values are 1487-1503 and I am using the latest firmware. Also on my iOSDmkII  a blinking arrow appears in the center/bottom of the screen, which by the manual means "For NAZA-M user, Blinking arrow will apper when compass has errors, please recalibrate your compass". I did that and I am still seeing green/yellow LED and arrow blinks from time to time. DJI Support, please respond to that and open our eyes about this misterious blinks., Thankn you in advance
2016-1-28
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mitarashki Posted at 2016-1-28 06:20
- I have recalibrateted the IMU in a perfectly horizontal copter frame. ...

Do a search in the forum...I remember somebody brought up the green/yellow led after an upgrade...I dont know what the result was...did you do an upgrade recently?
2016-1-28
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Yes. I did firmware upgrade 3 flights before the green/yellow situation appeared.
2016-1-29
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mitarashki Posted at 2016-1-29 02:09
Yes. I did firmware upgrade 3 flights before the green/yellow situation appeared.

Let me know if you get this figured out and what it was...I tried to duplicate it on a 1000 I have that I use for testing....I live up in the mountains so I tried granite rock areas, old gold mines, even a Cable TV repeater tower and couldn't duplicate it. Just curious, have you checked the end limits in the assistant for Atti and GPS? I've seen weird things when they aren't correct and are you using a 3 position switch for that? Other than that I'm clueless...hope you find it...gets frustrating when you dont know and dont want to crash. Cheers Mate.
2016-2-1
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Bulgaria

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2016-2-2 04:42
Let me know if you get this figured out and what it was...I tried to duplicate it on a 1000 I have ...

Hey dennismurry08
Thanks for your reply. I have checked the end limits of my 3 position switch and they are fine. I am checking them almost before every flight because of the fail safe, just want to be sure if I have lost the signal that everything will work fine. Thanks for your support. It is really frustrating like you said. I hate problems that are not constant and are hidden behind the FC brain, just don't know how to act. For sure if I solve this will share the reason. I will try to replace my COMPASS PRO with PRO PLUS and see if it is still there. Cheers Dennis
2016-2-3
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mitarashki Posted at 2016-2-3 07:18
Hey dennismurry08
Thanks for your reply. I have checked the end limits of my 3 position switch and ...

Hi...a guy just posted about abnormal compass and getting green/yellow flashing...I think the post is only a few hours old but thought of you and maybe you two could connect...?? Good luck
http://forum.dji.com/thread-41980-1-1.html
2016-2-6
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your compass mod values are fine.  My only input is what you first mentioned that there my be a significant amount of magnetite in the area.  Are you seeing this in other areas that you fly.  
2016-2-6
Use props
ajgrattan.gmail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 340433 ft
Ireland

Same issue here.  All was fine before upgrade to 2.7.  now in same flight location, after compass calibration, on the ground, double purple, once airborne, green/yellow compass error warning.  Once back on the ground, return to double purple flash.  Warning led does not change when I switch from gps to atti.  Switches checked, IMU calibrated after upgrade.  Annoying...
2016-3-22
Use props
aceresco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 409987 ft
  • >>>
United States

mitarashki Posted at 2016-2-3 23:18
Hey dennismurry08
Thanks for your reply. I have checked the end limits of my 3 position switch and ...

Hi Canyou resolved the light green an yellow problem you haved .I make some change an I can resolved this problem similar at your
2016-4-5
Use props
aceresco
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Hey dennismurry08

Hi Canyou resolved the light green an yellow problem you haved .I make some change an I can resolved this problem similar at your
2016-4-5
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

mitarashki Posted at 2016-1-28 22:20
- I have recalibrateted the IMU in a perfectly horizontal copter frame. ...

Hello!
You may need to degauss the GPS Compass module with a magnet.
2016-4-6
Use props
aceresco
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Hey dennismurry08

Hi Canyou resolved the light green an yellow problem you haved .I make some change an I can resolved this problem similar at yours
2016-4-6
Use props
jlavalle1
lvl.1

Does anyone have a fix for this issue? I am set up the same and I cannot calibrate the compass because of the Abnormal Compass Data error. Is it the 2.7 upgrade that's the problem or what?
2016-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules