Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Newbie needs help. What am I doing wrong? RTH can't be saved ! Ev...
1036 10 2016-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charlotte Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21296 ft
United States

I am new to DJI Go App.  I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, but I don't know what it is.

Before I take off I try to set my home point for RTH and each time so far the app tells me/

Your Home place could not be saved.

Because of this I haven't been able to test RTH because I'm afraid my drone is going to go somewhere else.

I simply could not find any videos on How to set Home location (It even has option of where the Aircraft is now vs where the controller is.

thanks

2016-1-25
Use props
wes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1338891 ft
United States

Normally when I start up my inspire by pushing the thumbsticks down and in it will automatically say something like home point has been set ready for take off. Is yours doing that?
2016-1-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your home point is set automatically when you power on the aircraft and it gets enough satellites.
Turn up the volume on your device and you'll hear "Home Point Updated" after you get full GPS lock.
2016-1-26
Use props
Charlotte Drone
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for your answers.   What I am trying to do is Set another spot as my home point about 1/4 miles from my take off point.

Thanks again
Turk
2016-1-27
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Make sure you are in GPS mode (P mode on the toggle switch)  **Edited Correction from earlier... I said F by accident. Thanks to Paul.  (  Also make sure you have a lock on at least  6 -8 (?)satellites ( Not sure exact number, the more the better ).  I also had to turn up the volume on my device, it can sometimes be accidently muted by the mount on the transmitter holder.  

**Also the RC SIGNAL LOST  , make sure it is set to RETURN TO HOME if this is what you want it to do ( Option to HOVER OR LAND as well ) Make sure your FAILSAFE MODE  setting is also set to an adequate height to avoid all obstacles on the way home.  THIS IS ADDITIONAL TO YOUR QUESTION but sounds like you need to triple check all of the settings and there function.  ( location is MC SETTING / ADVANCED)

Have Fun !  Cheers - Donnie
2016-1-27
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-27 09:52
F mode on the toggle switch is for "Intelligent Flight Modes" such as waypoint navigation or POI.

Your Right, I meant P !!

I will go take my Dyslexia Meds Now.......................Thanks !
I also made a note that I added additional Information that went above and beyond the initial post. He said "Newbie"

I really do appreciate the correction, I dont want to give wrong information

Thanks again!

Cheers Donnie

2016-1-27
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

We are on the same page Paul.  I  learn so much on these forums that make me a better pilot.  By helping others I also benefit greatly ( guarantee you I will NEVER forget P function Again.

Cheers Paul - Donnie
2016-1-27
Use props
Charlotte Drone
lvl.1
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-27 11:06
Let me see if I understand what you are attempting to do before we can really get to grips with wha ...

Yesss You understood it exactly. I think. I am revising the question for clarity Thank you
2016-1-31
Use props
Charlotte Drone
lvl.1
United States

Thank you Donnie & Paul and the rest of you.
So I am able to do what Donnie has said to do (thanks for that additional height reminder. One can never be reminded that enough).
However, my question/problem is what Paul is having also.

I also understand I should be more clear with my question. So here is revised question/objective

I am trying to do an aerial video in a place surrounded by tall buildings.  (Let's call that point A)

The shot I am working on is going straight up up up up. Then do a big circle (Like POI )

There is an open soccer field about 1/4mile from those tall buildings. (Let's call that Point B)  (Where my co-league is stationed in case we activate RTH, signal lost etc)

I want to Take off from Point A and set Point B  as my "RTH" point. in case we activate RTH, signal lost etc  I don't want my drone to return back to where we took off from. I want it to go up fly back to safety of the soccer field.

Thank you so much for being awesome to share your wisdom. It makes our entire community better and stronger.

Lots of great Karma coming your way

Turk

2016-1-31
Use props
Charlotte Drone
lvl.1
United States

Got it. Paul thanks. let me make sure I understood. There is no way of setting the Point B as home point without flying the drone there.

What I understood from your answer is:  Take off from Point A go to Point B set that as new home point. return back to point A and do your shoot.

If above is correct. Then follow up question:

Is there any other way?

the reason is the soccer field is not visible from the take off position because of the highrise buildings.  Hence the desire to set an emergency locale away from where I take off.

I mean because I am scared of tall building causing issue is why I feel I have a one shot deal. That's also why I want the drone to go there to begin with.

Thanks

T.
2016-1-31
Use props
Charlotte Drone
lvl.1
United States

I know what you mean about the rules. I did check we are on clear on that... and you're right My fears make it sound more complicated than it is,
but as a former fire fighter my brain always starts from plan for the catastrophic FUBAR and works itself back to sunny skies.   Having said all that it's a artistic concept that is proving to be not worth the risk.

But even the conceptual part helped me learn lots of good knowledge.

I have a friend who uses weather balloons for photos. I think this might be a job for him ;)

Thanks again for your wisdom.

2016-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules