Gimbal Error
820 7 2016-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fillup86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 766791 ft
Canada

I have a problem with my Inspire 1 v2. I have been hearing a noise around the gimbal area and have noticed the camera jittering slightly to the left or right. As if it were trying to center. Ive also had a problem where the gimbal wouldn't center itself after I pushed the button to auto center the camera. After I had a flight and landed. I got an error saying that there was a 'Gimbal Overload' and that I should contact DJI.... what does this mean??

2016-1-25
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi fillup86
Did you have a hard landing that day?
Please re-install the gimbal and do the gimbal calibration
2016-1-26
Use props
fillup86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 766791 ft
Canada

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-27 11:41
Hi fillup86
Did you have a hard landing that day?
Please re-install the gimbal and do the gimbal cal ...

How do I re-install the gimbal?  Is there online instructions I can follow to be sure I don't something wrong?
2016-1-26
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

you will see the ring with lock and unlock icons on the upper motor of the gimbal. Once you unlocked it, please carefully take it off, make sure that contacts are clean, then put is back.
Do the gimbal calibration after it
2016-1-26
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-27 01:18
you will see the ring with lock and unlock icons on the upper motor of the gimbal. Once you unlocked ...

Tim, while on that subject of the gimbal lock, should the white lines line up perfectly when you are in the lock position? I know I have it all the way in place but my white line is off by about an eighth of an inch. When installing the gimbal it lines up perfectly with the white line just when I'm in the lock position it doesn't line up 100%. I'm not trying to hijack the thread, just thought it might help someone with a similar problem here.

Cheers- Donnie
2016-1-27
Use props
Neary Aerial
New

United States

We cover all Phantoms and Inspires, as well as Blade, Walkera, Yuneec, and 3DR. https://neary-aerial.com
And, yes, we do cover Canada!
2016-1-27
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Neary Aerial Posted at 2016-1-27 21:25
We cover all Phantoms and Inspires, as well as Blade, Walkera, Yuneec, and 3DR. https://neary-aerial ...

Does your company ever notice the White Line for camera alignment and lock being  off alignment when locked.  Mine for some reason is off by at least an 1/8 of an inch in vertical alignment.  I am fully seated and locked.  I just hate when things do not line up.

Cheers Donnie

Alignment is off

Alignment is off
2016-1-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-1-29 06:36
Does your company ever notice the White Line for camera alignment and lock being  off alignmen ...

yes, ours is the same way. No big deal.
2016-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules