Gimbal Wheel stopped tilting camera?
2372 12 2015-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
digitalcaveman
lvl.1
United States

I have the phantom 2 vision+ V3.0. . .I have had it for about three weeks. . .Have flown it about ten times with no problem; camera tilt has been working fine with the gimbal wheel. . .last night I connected to the assistant software and went through and calibrated everything, turned on NAZA mode and upadated all firmware; This morning I went out to fly it and the camera tilt was not working. I've read through all the posts about problematic Gimbal wheels and have done the reccommended calibrations. Still the camera does not tilt up and down with the Gimbal dial.

What could have caused this to stop working? Any suggestions for remedying this? Thanks so much. . .I have a shoot tomorrow and I need that camera to tilt.
best,
jared
Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 8.53.07 PM.png
2015-1-2
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Try this, it came from Gil.
calibration.jpg
2015-1-2
Use props
damon.moberly
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-3 10:03
Try this, it came from Gil.

Gerry,

is that now #7?

2015-1-2
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

I'm not sure now, but the more times this shows up, the more chances new pilots will see it.
2015-1-2
Use props
digitalcaveman
lvl.1
United States

I saw this as mentioned in my post! It did not work! Did it multiple times. I'm getting zero response from dial. Any other recommendations out there? Thanks.
2015-1-2
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

digitalcaveman Posted at 2015-1-3 10:45
I saw this as mentioned in my post! It did not work! Did it multiple times. I'm getting zero respons ...

Are you able to see anything on your phone for the camera?
2015-1-2
Use props
digitalcaveman
lvl.1
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-3 10:49
Are you able to see anything on your phone for the camera?

Yes, everything is fine in the app. Flew it today, shot video and pics; everything functioning but tilt. Is there a way to revert the firmware back to 3.0? Could updating the firmware have done this? Thanks.
2015-1-2
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

digitalcaveman Posted at 2015-1-3 10:56
Yes, everything is fine in the app. Flew it today, shot video and pics; everything functioning but ...

When you calibrated per the instructions I posted, did you also do the camera wheel listed #4, third arrow down.  Both sticks AND the wheel has to be calibrated according to the instructions.  It does work.  I can control my tilt by the amount of pressure on the wheel, from 2 seconds to 45 seconds.  Listen for the indicated beeps.  It's not a software issue.
2015-1-2
Use props
digitalcaveman
lvl.1
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-3 11:00
When you calibrated per the instructions I posted, did you also do the camera wheel listed #4, thi ...

Have re-tried it several times. . .am getting the beeps in all the right places. . .still no tilt. . .If I gently tilt the camera up or down with my fingers it stays for a half a second then returns to center by itself. . .hmmmm. Pretty frustrating.

This happen after I connected to the computer software assistant. . .could I have done something that would have triggered this in the software. I had flown it hours before with no problem.
2015-1-3
Use props
digitalcaveman
lvl.1
United States

Okay. . .I think I got it. . .I hooked it back up to the computer software and ran through every tab.  I toggled around with the RC Sticks Monitor section. . ."start" calibration and then went from "Norm" to "Rev" and back a couple of times and that seemed to have done the trick. Will take it out for a fly test now. Thanks for all your input.
best,
jared
Screen_Shot_2015-01-03_at_8_12_29_AM.png
2015-1-3
Use props
damon.moberly
lvl.1

United States

caveman... very cool...these guys on here have been a great resource for me... and to your point...ive learned a few things just surfing around the software too.
happy flying.
2015-1-9
Use props
jon
New

United States

thanks digitalcaveman, I had the same problem and your suggestion worked like a charm!!!
2015-1-11
Use props
digitalcaveman
lvl.1
United States

jon@inspectagat Posted at 2015-1-12 06:07
thanks digitalcaveman, I had the same problem and your suggestion worked like a charm!!!

Jon. . .great to hear I was of help. . .that's the first for me on the forum. . .everything's still working fine. . .

Happy flying!!
2015-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules