DJI GEO useless as currently planned
1037 2 2016-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scott_barton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877110 ft
United States

Looking at the DJI GEO map near my house there are probably close to 100 Warning and Authorization Zones within a 15 mile radius.  Since each have a default radius of 5 miles, many overlap.  If I were to use DJI GEO, I would have to see many Warning Zone messages, and acknowledge several Authorization Zones each time I want to fly at my house.  Many of these Authorization Zones seem to be coming from NoFlyZone.org or similar sites where anyone can enter in no fly zone at any location as several Authorization zones are small houses.  Just cause some guy 4 miles a way doesn't want someone flying over his 1/2 acre lot shouldn't require me to unlock 20 Authorization zones each time I want to fly.  

1) Where is the information in the DJI GEO coming from?
2) Why are some small homes showing up as Authorization Zones not a Warning Zone?
3) Why is the default 5 miles radius of every zone?  When they enter in a location they should also have to enter in a radius and a reason.  
4) How is this information vetted.  Can anyone enter in information about a location
5) Many zones overlap.  Why do I have to click every single Zone to unlock it.  I should just have to click where I plan on flying, enter an estimated radius, and then DJI GEO should present a list of Zones.  I should then be able to scroll to the bottom of the list and click once and unlock all zones that happen to be in my flight area.  

By utilizing a system that allows anyone to enter in a No Fly Zone at any location for any reason without verification and then having a default radius of 5 miles makes the system useless.  What you are going to get is a system where your users get so annoyed at having to click 20 BS authorizations each time they want to fly, they will not pay attention to any real flight concern info.  It will get glanced over at best and lumped into the bogus authorization category.  

For DJI GEO to be useful, you must present REAL Warning and Authorization zones.  If you want your users to pay attention to the information, it must be accurate and important.  Those zones must have a reason for them to be No Fly Zones (even if it is "I don't want drones over my house"), have an accurate radius, and be verified and vetted (that they own the location, that the size is correct, and that the reason is valid).  Until you can do that, you should not use that data.  
For example, this is more valid and important info.  https://www.mapbox.com/drone/no-fly/
2016-1-26
Use props
scott_barton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877110 ft
United States

Here are the zones near my house.  Notice Parker is a small home that is a yellow Authorization Zone with a 5 mile radius.  
2016-1-26
Use props
Jerry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3675046 ft
United States

scott_barton@ho Posted at 2016-1-27 03:01
Here are the zones near my house.  Notice Parker is a small home that is a yellow Authorization Zon ...

That is actually a registered airport in their backyard. Take a look at it in maps.
2016-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules