Two firmware upgrade suggestions
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lido_bmt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87772 ft
United States

• Shutter priority mode! Shutter priority is huge help when shooting video. The Inspire 1 supports it. Even the Osmo supports it! While full manual is really useful, there are times when shutter priority is just a nice time saver.

• Selecting Point Of Interest on a map. I know that waypointing on a map prior to a flight then executing was removed in the transition from Ground Station to the Phantom 3, and I'm fine with that; waypointing on a map prior is a recipe for disaster and mostly useless for videography when you're going to be doing cable runs over and over to get the camera movements down anyway. But you know what would be useful? POI selection on a map, so you don't have to fly to the center of something, apply, then back out. Why is this important?
  • Sometimes you don't want to fly all the way to the top of something (like a very tall tower) just to mark its center; you want to fly around it at its mid-level or something. Your choices are either to fly up and over it (annoying, wastes battery), or get close to it and mark it off (dangerous, not accurate). Neither is optimal.
  • Sometimes you can't fly over something because it's illegal, but you are within your rights to fly around it further away; this actually happens to me more and more (I never thought it would even be an issue).

Thoughts?

2016-1-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Agree on the POI suggestion.
2016-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules