Critical Firmware Bug
1514 5 2016-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Prop-Lock Girl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2419163 ft
Germany

It would be nice to get an official statement from DJI concerning this.

Screenshot 2016-01-27 15.42.31.png
2016-1-27
Use props
Prop-Lock Girl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2419163 ft
Germany

Well... bugs happen and we have to deal with that fact. Now and in the future. But the sad thing is that the main Developer/Manufacturer doesn't tell us anything about this.
2016-1-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have never heard of the issue before, I sent an email inquiring about it.
2016-1-27
Use props
vincentlublink.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

it on the website from DJI!
2016-1-27
Use props
lanyusea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47185 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Could you specify it in more detail?

In which situation it won't RTH or in whatever condition?

From my understanding, if you are in Groundstation logic, the rc lost won't make your drone RTH, which is already a feature in mobile SDK 2.0

Cause if your waypoint is behind a building, after reaching it the RC signal lost then the direct RTH will cause the drone crashing into it.
2016-1-27
Use props
pete.c44
lvl.2

United States

I think this is mainly a problem for an app called "AutoPilot". Unlike the other apps, including DJI Go app, which continue a waypoint mission even if the craft loses contact with the RC; AutoPilot MUST maintain contact with the RC at all times....it does not continue the mission. It is designed to go into RTH if contact is lost. The problem is that AutoPilot found a fault that might prevent the RTH from starting automatically...it just stays in Hover mode until the battery goes into critical level then RTH kicks in. So far as I can tell, AutoPilot is the only app that uses this method of waypoint control...it was designed to give smoother, better videos...with more control. I have never felt that AutoPilot was designed for long-distance flight....it is designed to get a professional shot of a target within LOS range.
2016-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules