Did I buy a fake bag?
2621 12 2016-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pantera989
lvl.3

New Zealand

Hi guys, I jsut purchased an DJI Phantom 3 Hardshell backpack, which was pictured as looking like this (and is how it looks on the DJI store):

However, the one I recived looks like this(this picture makes it look good, in reality, the plastic looks cheap and shiny rather):

Did I get a cheap fake, or are there just differnt versions of the DJI bag?
2016-1-27
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

The hardshell I've seen on the DJI site has a "DJI" logo where the picture of the quad appears on this bag.   Looks similar to the 3rd party phantom 3 hard shell bags I've seen all over eBay.  I'd say probably a knockoff.  this is the pic I see on DJI's site
2016-1-27
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

looks like you got a fake. return it while you can
2016-1-27
Use props
kjmarsola
lvl.3
United States

Michael M Posted at 2016-1-27 17:57
looks like you got a fake. return it while you can

Yes, it's a fake, I bought one, knowingly, on ebay last month for $43.95, with free  US shipping from California.
I received it in 5 days.  Although it is a knock-off,  I am extremely happy with it.  I have never seen a DJI bag, but I don't think that it could be much better.
If I could venture a guess, I would assume this case is produced in the SAME factory as the DJI case, and sold unbranded.

2016-1-27
Use props
kjmarsola
lvl.3
United States

kjmarsola@gmail Posted at 2016-1-27 18:10
Yes, it's a fake, I bought one, knowingly, on ebay last month for $43.95, with free  US shipping f ...

I just checked my ebay history, I purchased this item on Dec 1st, for $49.80 with free shipping, now it is selling for $72.60 with free shipping.
By the way,  I have used this  case for almost 2 months, and it is extremely rugged, I don't think my Phantom, could get damaged unless it was intentional.
2016-1-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DJI have sold several versions, one branded, the other not. The look of them tends to change. As long as it does the job, it matters not.
2016-1-27
Use props
pantera989
lvl.3

New Zealand

Internally is looks great, and looks like it will do a good job, it's just the glossy fake plasticy looks of the outside that is putting me off. If the DJI fits well in it when I get home I'll probably end up keeping it as it's probably not worth the time and hassle sending it back for a refund. I would have been fine if it was a knock off and looked the same as pictured on there site (The DJI looking one, although without the DJI logo)
2016-1-27
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

pantera989@gmai Posted at 2016-1-27 18:22
Internally is looks great, and looks like it will do a good job, it's just the glossy fake plasticy  ...

Looks like DJIs first gen back pack. If im not mistaken, that one has a slot for a device whereas the current ones do not.
2016-1-27
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

pantera989@gmai Posted at 2016-1-27 18:22
Internally is looks great, and looks like it will do a good job, it's just the glossy fake plasticy  ...

If I were you, I would try to find somebody close there with a DJI one so you can compare with the "original" one.

Sounds less work... if you can find one.
2016-1-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, aside from a few cosmetic differences like those four feet, and the logo, they do "look" remarkably alike.  But that's probably where the symilarities end.
From what I gather, and that was over a period of some time, a couple of months. The zipper may be inferior as well as the stitching.
Please pay particular attention to the stitches attaching the shoulder straps. It might be worthwhile having a local shoemaker,  go over that top portion, where they attach to the top case.
Place your device, under the foam of the back/lid, if you need storage for it.

RedHotPoker
2016-1-27
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Wow, that is tough..
Just imagine phoning your buddy who also has a Phantom and one of those "fakes"..and calling him to ask him if you could stop by to compare "bags"..
Going to be ill now...{:3_56:}
2016-1-27
Use props
dewayt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 641224 ft
United States

I have the DJI bag that came with my phantom, my friend bought the one pictured here without the DJI logo and it shipped from china. Apart from the outer paint/coating... the inside foam inserts, cuts etc..look exactly the same. Infact the bags are almost identical apart from the cover.
2016-1-27
Use props
pantera989
lvl.3

New Zealand

Got home and put the drone in it, everything fits pretty nice, except the controller which is a bit loose and can move around. The should straps (which look identical to the authentic DJI bag), are incredibly small, almost as if the bag is designed for children. I have to have it at it's largest, and I'm not exactly a big guy. It also means the "chest strap" is more of a collarbone strap/neck choker.
2016-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules