3651 14 2015-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just received word from DJI and the Q Code on the Downloadpage for the Inspire is for the IOS (Apple) Pilot Software. And you do need the Serial Number from the Inspire to get it to Download.
2015-1-3
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

I tried the scan from an ipad and it took me to the same adhoc site.  Still prompting for SN.
2015-1-3
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is not going to do anything without the Serial #.  They must have had an issue with someone or just decided to do it the way that most Developers do and ask for the product Serial #.
2015-1-3
Use props
gunnell_s
lvl.2

United States

Not knowing exactly how the App works and what exact features it includes makes it hard to make a educated decision on buying the Inspire.  Does it do everything the ground station does?  I heard the reasoning for keeping it secret, but it makes it hard for potential buyers...
2015-1-3
Use props
dale.kaechler
lvl.2

Canada

gunnell_s@msn.c Posted at 2015-1-4 06:04
Not knowing exactly how the App works and what exact features it includes makes it hard to make a ed ...

IMO the iOS app will be available from the apple App Store with the next 10 days. Free to all and no serial number required.
2015-1-3
Use props
Joola
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1696545 ft
United States

dale.kaechler@s Posted at 2015-1-4 06:16
IMO the iOS app will be available from the apple App Store with the next 10 days. Free to all and  ...

I feel pretty confident you're correct.. I believe it's against Apple's TOS to distribute an app to the public by direct download and not through the App Store. Direct downloads are only acceptable for beta testing early versions of apps that have not been approved by Apple yet.
2015-1-3
Use props
gunnell_s
lvl.2

United States

Good to know and hope your right, guess this money is going to have to keep burning a hole in my pocket a little longer.

Not trying to be a troll, but it sure seems like DJI could have handled this whole release much better than they did.  Lack of information and/or misleading information is a killer.
2015-1-3
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.2

United States

<redacted>

2015-1-3
Use props
Joola
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1696545 ft
United States

MTShipp Posted at 2015-1-4 08:10
The Adhoc method for the distribution is a violation of Apple's TOS after a certain point. Without k ...

Great info. Ad Hoc testing is limited to 100 registered users:

The third option is to distribute your app using an ad hoc provisioning profile that allows your app to run on up to 100 registered devices....You can register up to 100 devices, but this limit includes devices you use for development and beta testing.
2015-1-3
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will say that DJI has distributed the Lightbridge iOS app via adhoc for almost a year.  I am pretty sure that over 100 users have downloaded the App.  
2015-1-3
Use props
DJI-DingC
lvl.2

China

Bottom line is, DJI strives to ensure each of the INSPIRE users can install a iOS version of the DJI Pilot app when the aircraft is delivered to their doorsteps.
2015-1-3
Use props
AcesAreWld
lvl.2

United States

MTShipp Posted at 2015-1-4 08:10
The Adhoc method for the distribution is a violation of Apple's TOS after a certain point. Without k ...

You're absolutely right.  DJI uses an "Enterprise Certificate" which does not require UUID / UDID's from the iOS devices and is not limited in number of devices they can deploy. DJI is using this feature to "side load" the app outside the Apple App Store.

You're also right-on in the fact that they are absolutely breaking Apple's terms & conditions because enterprise licenses are *NOT* allowed to circumvent the App Store for external users outside the organization (DJI) itself.

They're breaking the rules, Apple hasn't caught them yet, and I sure as heck am not gonna be the one to report them -- I want to keep my DJI Pilot App on my device!

The good news - once you figure out the download link to the IPA/PLIST file (like I did) you can download it as much as you want, no serial numbers, no passwords, no registration, etc.
2015-1-3
Use props
ebarronh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10203 ft
Peru

If you REALLY want to install it, there is a video I found on YouTube in which the serial number is clearly visible.
But don't waste your time, not even the simulator works without the controller.
2015-1-4
Use props
dale.kaechler
lvl.2

Canada

Just tried it and no serial number required. Update: I just tried it again and now asks for serial number.
2015-1-5
Use props
technologymedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27192 ft
United States

We're excited to fly the Inspire 1. As we've read, some folks are having issues accessing the DJI Pilot App for iOS using their device SN.  We've also read that folks are attempting to use serial numbers from those that have posted unboxing videos online (shame on you!).  Please be aware that each serial number can only access the app download a limited number of times.  To help those that have received their Inspire 1 and are having issues accessing the app, and to help those that are receiving SN max usage errors, this information may be helpful to you: https://twitter.com/technologync/status/552285770019766272

We look forward to the App being available via the App Store in the very near future.
2015-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules