Talk about fly aways. Top this...
5557 54 2015-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wingnut.e
lvl.1

United States

Thanks. I will. So far the battery took a charge. I'm getting ready to power it up. Fingers crossed.
2015-1-17
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

dude, i SO hope it works man
2015-1-17
Use props
wingnut.e
lvl.1

United States

If I didn't see it with my own eyes I wouldn't believe it so far everything appears to be functioning properly. I'm going to do some calibrating and go for a test flight.
2015-1-17
Use props
Matenza
New

Germany

Hello Everyone! I'm new to this blog but have been into a bit of research on these babies. I'm searching all the blogs and trying to find out if these fly aways are so common in the latest phantoms too.. PH2 v2. As I understand actually a fly away is like a symptom which can be a result of many things. Interference, pilot-error, hardware error, and of course engineering flaw. I don't own a Ph yet, but am planning to do so. Actually right now I'm pretty afraid of this issue. It is a huge investment to lose.
Wingnut.e: I'm pretty curious about your test flight and how the gopro survived 2 weeks without its case. Hope everything is ok.
2015-1-17
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

wingnut.e@gmail Posted at 2015-1-18 00:53
If I didn't see it with my own eyes I wouldn't believe it so far everything appears to be functionin ...

That's astounding wingnut, great news! Keep us informed and please show if there was any video of the event when it got "tanked"!!
Cheers!
Rod
2015-1-17
Use props
wingnut.e
lvl.1

United States

Well luck was definitely on my side over the last two weeks. Rain,snow and -10degree temps and a 200 foot fall. I went up yesterday and it flew great keep in mind I kept it close. The only broken compoents were the blades and a small scratch on the lens of the camera. Unbelievable !!!   Apparently the GoPro batt went dead shortly after take off, I have a short clip but not the crash. Thanks everyone for your thoughts throughout the past two weeks.
2015-1-18
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

wow.  just wow.
2015-1-18
Use props
TSP181
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18258 ft
United States

Amazing.   What process did you use to dry it out?   
2015-1-18
Use props
wingnut.e.email
lvl.1

United States

I took Everthing apart as far as I could and let it set in a trash bag full of white rice over night.
2015-1-19
Use props
ciprianboboc
lvl.2

United States

wingnut.e.email Posted at 2015-1-20 01:01
I took Everthing apart as far as I could and let it set in a trash bag full of white rice over night ...

you're lucky... maybe you should play the lottery
I'm glad your Phantom still works.
2015-1-19
Use props
wingnut.e.email
lvl.1

United States

I should have cipr, I thought I won the lottery only because I found it and as a bonus it still works
2015-1-20
Use props
birdfolk5555
lvl.3

United States

wingnut.e.email Posted at 2015-1-20 21:25
I should have cipr, I thought I won the lottery only because I found it and as a bonus it still work ...

So, are we assuming the wind blew it off the tower? It fell off and didn't smash to pieces? That is great luck.  Maybe the snow cushioned the blow...?
2015-2-4
Use props
trailtec.dodo
lvl.2

Australia

Wow man that's great news! I am surprised it survived the fall but I suppose the snow saved it. In a fenced off untrampeled area area the drifts were probably powder. Lucky mate, very, very lucky.
2015-2-4
Use props
jamesnns.email
lvl.3

United States

Very cool Wing nut....
I got my quad back (none dji) after it sat 80' up in a tree for three months. It finally came down..
Works perfectly.

2015-2-4
Use props
gsp171.email
lvl.3

United States

lol, I said way up above, High wind might blow it off
2015-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules