Phantom vision
1288 8 2015-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lukeklaas123
lvl.1

United States

hey I have extensive experience in rc such as hobby grade cars helis and planes, I recently saw a dji vision and was granted permission to fly it , I now just need to get one, I've been saving my money and I'm very close to 800$ and im wondering what do you guys think about the vision, it's reliability, and things I should and never do. Thanks

2015-1-3
Use props
markus
lvl.4

Germany

Hi,

if you are experienced in RC stuff, perhaps rather consider a Phantom 2 (non vision) with H3-3D gimbal + GoPro. A bit more expensive, but you have got more opportunaties to modify the craft and implementing FPV (better range) and so on. On the other hand, 800$ is 50% of that purchase, since you'll also want a transportation container, a monitor for the FPV, perhaps other props and laning gear. It's a tough decision.

This forum is full of things one should never do, like flying over power lines, taking off without GPS-lock, ignoring battery status and so on. However, flying RC planes wil be quite similar (besides the GPS).
2015-1-3
Use props
lukeklaas123
lvl.1

United States

I honestly want to have the most durable trouble free drone
2015-1-3
Use props
huntarr
lvl.2

United States

Read these threads.  Good and bad
2015-1-3
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I'm going to agree with markus, the Phantom 2 with H3-3D is a better choice.  The vision does not have a stabilized gimbal and the camera movement as well as the movement of the Phantom will be a distraction in any video you shoot.  I spent a few minutes looking on YouTube for some Phantom Vision footage but everything is Phanto Vision+ and H3-3D.  The closest I could find was a Phantom 1 http://youtu.be/bx-lYJzZgow which will show the "jello" effect on the video (Jump ahead to the 2 minute mark)  So, if you can live with all that shaking in your videos instead of the smooth and stabilized video you could save yourself some money.  (But I suspect it is the smooth and stable that made you start drooling in the first place!)
Found another http://youtu.be/dBUQrLe94Ms
2015-1-3
Use props
lukeklaas123
lvl.1

United States

I'm drooling over fpv and fun how reliable is the vision?
2015-1-4
Use props
lukeklaas123
lvl.1

United States

I want to trust that if I follow everything correctly, will my phantom not fall out of the sky or fly away, if it doesn't do that I'm happy
2015-1-4
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

lukeklaas123@gm Posted at 2015-1-4 17:35
I want to trust that if I follow everything correctly, will my phantom not fall out of the sky or fl ...

I always calibrate the sticks the night before I go flying with the APPS on my computer and when I'm at the place of takeoff, I also calibrate the compass.  I check the time I'm going to fly to see how many sats I can expect and also solar activity for the day.  I've got 2 PT2+'s and about 75 or more flights under my belt so far and not 1 incident yet.  Preflights are important.
2015-1-4
Use props
lukeklaas123
lvl.1

United States

Thank you gerry
2015-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules