Gimbal numb seconds after turn on. Please Help!
12Next >
3870 47 2016-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

I have a new Phantom 3 professional just like 1 month old, for the pass month it was flying and recording video and taking still photos perfectly but since yesterday for some reason when I turn on the Phantom the Gimbal start like it normaly do but after a couple seconds the gimbal go numb and I only see a black screen and the Dji logo or just a black screen.

Before the gimbal go numb I can control the gimbal up and down with the remote normal but just for a couple seconds before the gimbal go numb.
I noticed that the Phantom when I turn it off it takes a little longer to turn off and the red light begins to blink faster and after a few seconds it shut down, but before the drone was turning off much faster.

I did a IMU Calibration in a flat surface.

I try using a Note 4 and the iPhone 6 but had the same problem with both.

App Version: 2.5.1
Aircraft Version: 1.6.40
RC Version: 1.5.70

--
I would appreciate someone who can help me.

2016-1-28
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

I been in this forum for 18 hours reading and trying to see a fix for my 3 weeks old Phantom 3 Professional. I think the aerial Photography is over.
2016-1-28
Use props
afiend69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

http://www.dji.com/support/product/phantom-3-pro
2016-1-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You possibly had a hard landing and the gimbal cables came loose.
Try to push the cables in that are above the gimbal.
That should work.
2016-1-28
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

No hard landing my friend. never.

No crashes
2016-1-28
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-28 21:52
You possibly had a hard landing and the gimbal cables came loose.
Try to push the cables in that are ...

Thanks for your help!

But I see that the cables are ok.
2016-1-28
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

I will love to get the $1260 that I paid 3 weeks ago. lol
2016-1-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

javierdesigns Posted at 2016-1-29 11:01
Thanks for your help!

But I see that the cables are ok.

And it didn't happen just after a firmware update?
2016-1-28
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

You are quick to give up on it, be patient, someone will come along and help.
2016-1-28
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-28 22:05
And it didn't happen just after a firmware update?

I did the last firmware update ( Firmware v1.6.0040 ) and I fly it and I was taking pictures and videos like 25 times with no problem.
2016-1-28
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

I had four cheaper drones first and then I got the  Phantom 3 Pro, I wanted to learn to fly first before get the expensive drone.
2016-1-28
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

I can control the gimbal up and down with the remote but just for a couple seconds before it go numb.
2016-1-28
Use props
nix240z
lvl.2

United States

try powering up the P3P without the sim card installed. Also try linking the RC again, I had the DJI logo screen after I linked a new controller to my P3P.  
linking RC
Connect cable from rc to phone
Turn on rc
Turn on craft
Run dji go app
Tap camera view
Tap rc settings
Tap linking rc
Tap confirm
Rc will start beeping and light will be flashing blue
Press and hold the link button on left side of craft for 2 seconds then release

2016-1-28
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

nix240z Posted at 2016-1-28 22:52
try powering up the P3P without the sim card installed. Also try linking the RC again, I had the DJI ...

I try power up without sim card and relink the RC with no result. The gimbal still go numb or death after a couple seconds.

I can control the gimbal up or down left or right but just for a couple a seconds when the Phantom start but after a couple seconds the gimbal go to sleep again.
2016-1-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

javierdesigns Posted at 2016-1-29 12:25
I try power up without sim card and relink the RC with no result. The gimbal still go numb or deat ...

Ok, so it wasn't after a firmware update, so it just happened one day (perfect then all of a sudden it was like that) ?
Or did you have a crash or hard landing then it started? The blank screen and logo usually means the 6 pin ribbon cable is not making full connection.

If it just happened, you can try to reload the 1.6 firmware, if that doesn't work then downgrade to 1.5. after reformatting the SD card. If it still doesn't work then post the hidden files from the SD card. If your hidden files look like the screenshot, then you will need to send it in for repair.
Directions here if you don't know how to do it.

Windows system :
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hidden-files#show-hidden-files=windows-7
Mac system :
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/quickly-showhide-hidden-files-mac-os-x-mavericks/
Device Not Detected screenshot.png
2016-1-28
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-28 23:47
Ok, so it wasn't after a firmware update, so it just happened one day (perfect then all of a sudde ...

Now it take 5 minutes to IMU warm up.

LOL
2016-1-29
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-28 23:47
Ok, so it wasn't after a firmware update, so it just happened one day (perfect then all of a sudde ...

I try to downgrade the firmware to v1.5.0030. but not succeed.
2016-1-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

javierdesigns Posted at 2016-1-30 02:18
Now it take 5 minutes to IMU warm up.

LOL

If you do a COLD IMU calibration then it will only take about 30 seconds for the IMU to warm up.
2016-1-29
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-29 13:27
If you do a COLD IMU calibration then it will only take about 30 seconds for the IMU to warm up.

I did that all ready. But still take long time now to warm up.
2016-1-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

javierdesigns Posted at 2016-1-30 02:31
I did that all ready. But still take long time now to warm up.

What I do with mine (and it's me talking as a user and only) is put is somewhere COLD (outside or wherever else you can think of that's cold if you live in the desert) and leave it there for 15 minutes or so, and have the app and radio on and open to the IMU calibration page. Then immediately remove it form the cold place and pop the battery in and power it up. As soon as it connects then start the IMU calibration. After then, it should only take 30 seconds or so to warm up.
2016-1-29
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-29 13:45
What I do with mine (and it's me talking as a user and only) is put is somewhere COLD (outside or  ...

Ok thanks for the help, but anyway I have to send it back to the facility repair place in California. Just 27 days after purchase.

2016-1-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

javierdesigns Posted at 2016-1-30 02:50
Ok thanks for the help, but anyway I have to send it back to the facility repair place in Californ ...

I know and I'm sorry about that.
2016-1-29
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-29 14:29
I know and I'm sorry about that.

In my opinion the problem is the software inside. Because the gimbal start perfect and the remote control the gimbal movement  for a couple seconds. But after 10 seconds the gimbal go to sleep again.
2016-1-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

javierdesigns Posted at 2016-1-30 03:55
In my opinion the problem is the software inside. Because the gimbal start perfect and the remote  ...

The repair shot will know exactly the issue.
2016-1-29
Use props
Wolfiesden
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-29 14:20

Because they have mine in there for ostensively the same reason.  Gimble goes limp after power on.  At least the OP got 27 days.  I got <2.
2016-1-29
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

Wolfiesden Posted at 2016-1-29 15:27
Because they have mine in there for ostensively the same reason.  Gimble goes limp after power on. ...

But you have it working now?
2016-1-29
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-29 15:20

Check this out, the same problem that I have now but this is the Inspire.

Please read that, thanks...

http://forum.dji.com/thread-4964-1-1.html
2016-1-29
Use props
Wolfiesden
lvl.3

United States

javierdesigns Posted at 2016-1-29 15:04
Check this out, the same problem that I have now but this is the Inspire.

Please read that, thank ...

See my thread about my P3A:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40496

Like you, I had never crashed mine either.  Only 3 takeoffs and 3 landings and I got video of all three to prove they were nice soft touchdowns.  Then, the gimbal goes limp and there ain't nothing I can do to fix it.  Tried everything including trying to flash FWs, remove and reinsert cables, changing cards, not using any cards.  Tried it all.  Its like someone fed the P3A salt petre.

And, no I don't have it running.  After almost a week of back and forth via emails and even a chat session, they couldn't come up with anything else for me to try that I had not already done.  They finally sent an RMA and label to ship it back.  I would have to check but I think it hit the white truck on Tuesday but don't hold me to that.

I haven't checked the tracking # but couple days ago it was still in transit and had not yet arrived in Cali.  Some say it will take 2 weeks or so once they get it.  Hundreds of other reports are saying 6-8 weeks is more common than 2.  I don't have high hopes of seeing it until spring.

Thankfully, a bizarre situation fell into my lap, the sort of thing that never happens to me (you), actually did.  I now have a P3P that I only had to chip in $400 and a day of photo shooting with my DSLR (tomorrow actually) and shoot some video with the P3P.  They take the raw footage (card), I take the bird.  So I now have a P3P as well as the dead P3A thats being repaired.  The P3P is what I have been flying and practicing with.

No clue what I will do with the P3A.  Sell it maybe.  No idea.  I can't fly 2 at once and I can't see giving my granddaughters (9 & 11) a $800 bird to play with.  Although I had them out today with me flying the P3P in an open field.  I swear the 11yr old picked up like she knew how to fly it.  She was less nervous than I was on my first flight.  Guess all that time she gets on the Xbox paid off.

Here is Serena (11) while I was showing her what the sticks do.

I landed and then she took off like a pro and buzzed all around the field.
2016-1-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Wolfiesden Posted at 2016-1-30 10:39
See my thread about my P3A:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40496

What would be very helpful is to find out exactly what is done to fix your P3A. Too many of the situations occurring and no-one seems to have a clue to fix it.
2016-1-29
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

javierdesigns Posted at 2016-1-30 06:55
In my opinion the problem is the software inside. Because the gimbal start perfect and the remote  ...

Try using a different  SD card.
Sometimes the camera will take a dislike to something about the  card and show exactly the symptoms you describe.
2016-1-29
Use props
vanislepilot
lvl.1

Netherlands

Same exact problem occurred after updating to v1.6.  Downgraded to v1.5 and it's working fine now.  My aircraft has been bulletproof since I got it last summer.  Definitely a software issue, and I'd actually appreciate some answers from DJI other than just shipping it for repair.
2016-1-29
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-1-29 21:01
Try using a different  SD card.
Sometimes the camera will take a dislike to something about the  c ...

With different card without card is the same thing. The gimbal go to sleep after a couple seconds.
2016-1-29
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

vanislepilot Posted at 2016-1-29 21:52
Same exact problem occurred after updating to v1.6.  Downgraded to v1.5 and it's working fine now.   ...

How can I Downgraded to v1.5?

Thanks for your help!
2016-1-29
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-29 15:20

I was in Youtube for 2 hours and count 189 people with problems with No Signal,  no video feed and Gimbal limb.

In youtube you can see a lot of people with the same issue.
2016-1-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

javierdesigns Posted at 2016-1-29 20:03
How can I Downgraded to v1.5?

Thanks for your help!

You downgrade to 1.5 the same way as upgrade. Download the zip file form here.
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads

2016-1-29
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-29 23:11
You downgrade to 1.5 the same way as upgrade. Download the zip file form here.
http://www.dji.com/ ...

No I dont think so, because I try that and the Phantom do not downgrade.

I format the sd card put in the zip, and when I put the sd card in the Phantom and turn on the Phantom with the remote off nothing happend.

Thanks for your help anyway!
2016-1-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

javierdesigns Posted at 2016-1-30 15:16

I format the sd card put ...

Did you unzip the file? No point loading a zip file onto the SD card, it does not know what to do with it. The only file you should place on the card is the .BIN file.
2016-1-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

javierdesigns Posted at 2016-1-29 21:16

You have to first unzip the file on your computer and only put the BIN file on the SD card.
2016-1-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

javierdesigns Posted at 2016-1-29 21:16

Also, after you put the SD card in, only power up the aircraft (do not turn on the radio)
You will hear several beeps and the gimbal light alternating red/green. When the light turns steady green then it is updated (could take 25 minutes) DO NOT turn off the aircraft while it is updating.
2016-1-29
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-29 23:39
Did you unzip the file? No point loading a zip file onto the SD card, it does not know what to do  ...

Ok I going to try again.

Thanks for the help!
2016-1-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules