4129 34 2015-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why are you delaying delivery to 1/7/2015 when Dealer deliveries are going out earlier? You are incentivizing orders through dealers  and penalizing those of us who ordered directly through DJI.

Update:

I did not mean for this to be a debate.  I was making a simple observation. I'd prefer to focus on the product.
2015-1-3
Use props
rbendjebar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3170190 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is your point exactly? Why would not DJI do something to avoid putting their dealers (who field a great many of the service issues) at a competitive disadvantage vis-a-vis the DJI online orders. If we all get our Inspires at roughly the same time, regardless of whom we ordered from, how is that a bad (or unfair) thing?
2015-1-3
Use props
freddiebd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1891184 ft
Switzerland

rbendjebar Posted at 2015-1-4 03:08
What is your point exactly? Why would not DJI do something to avoid putting their dealers (who field ...

Well said!
2015-1-3
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

My point is clear. You simply don't agree. All manufacturers deal with this issue. A "launch date" is a launch date and manufacturers shouldn't tolerate pre-launch deliveries, or alternatively, should not prejudice their direct customers. And since you disagree, I'd also like to state, for the record, that many dealers offer free "throw in's" which significantly exceed DJI credits. One Dealer was offering a free "real" travel case. Others offer free accessories.

While it's clearly my decision and option to order through DJI, I think my message is clear. In my opinion. DJI has the control and Dealer contracts to place everyone on the same page.

I simply will never order directly through through DJI again. So much for customer loyalty. I think it's important.

You have every right to disagree.
2015-1-3
Use props
freddiebd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1891184 ft
Switzerland

metalios Posted at 2015-1-4 03:25
My point is clear. You simply don't agree. All manufacturers deal with this issue. A "launch date" i ...

Well Said x2!
2015-1-3
Use props
redleader
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Are there any dealers in this thread?
2015-1-3
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.2

United States

<redacted>
2015-1-3
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

This is the norm with new Hi tech roll outs and to be expected. Gives one time to study the manuals
2015-1-3
Use props
hmerkel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2307995 ft
United States

The only thing DJI owes anyone, regardless of where they ordered from is a Quality Product.  If this means that everyone has to wait an extra week or month, then so be it.  They don't owe you anything extra for having to wait.  When you ordered, you were not getting a case, now you are. The transmitter harness wasn't advertised, but you are getting one of those too.  What else do you want?  
2015-1-3
Use props
nybond
New

United States

hmerkel@gci.net Posted at 2015-1-4 05:20
The only thing DJI owes anyone, regardless of where they ordered from is a Quality Product.  If this ...

Really?  I have no issue with the delay, but I agree that DJI should not be intentionally delaying a delivery date. They have tried to emulate Apple from the beginning of the Inspire launch.  If you want to be a big boy, act like one.  

Dealers should receive product earlier and I enjoy their updates in advance of customer delivery. But why delay your launch if they are free to deliver.

I also think DJI owes much more than a quality product.  They owe us great communication (not so good) and quality support (we will see).
2015-1-3
Use props
kgarrison
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok, as a dealer, I will give my perspective....

I placed a huge order for Inspires before you did (before official announcement) and I spend 6 figures a month with DJI. You bought a single item at least several days after I did. Should I not get mine first?

Now, you bought from DJI, you will need to go back to DJI for your warranty work and service. You have a problem, be prepared to wait 4-8 weeks for service. Had you bought from me, you would have priority service, usually 1 business day turn-around, and someone you can reach very easily for information.

DJI has a dealer channel for a reason, if you choose to not utilize the dealer channel, be prepared for second-class service.

I am not ragging on you for purchasing from DJI, I am just trying to explain why I got mine last week and you didn't.
2015-1-3
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

kgarrison@gmail Posted at 2015-1-4 11:20

I placed a huge order for Inspires before you did ( ...

Multicopter,

Wow.  More than a little surprised at your response. I’m actually shocked. You may not be ragging on me, but you’re clearing very uncomplimentary, and very derogatory, toward your licensor.

You effectively state that I should not have bought through them, that I should be “prepared to wait 4-8 weeks for service.”

I disagree with your argument as to why you get your product before me. You’re a dealer and should receive your product first, but that should not be the same for your direct consumer. A consumer is a consumer and a launch date is a launch date. I could care less how much you spend in product. Remember, DJI intentionally delayed delivery with a "hold" on the FEDEX delivery date. Their product delay otherwise never bothered me.

However, your post actually beautifully supports my initial comment in this thread.

WHY SHOULD ANYONE BUY DIRECTLY FROM DJI?  That was my issue.

Does not mean that I do not like the products; and I am actually very complimentary and supportive of DJI.  I am grateful to them for their foresight, initiative, their attempt to improve, for this new forum, and guys like Tahoe Ed who obviously care and want to help.

For the record however, I have every right, as a consumer to bitch and complain on this forum. I obviously think I made a valid point.  I’m just a little surprised at the liberty that you’ve taken however.  DJI should be paying attention.
2015-1-4
Use props
kgarrison
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI support is horribly backlogged, that is a fact, not a derogatory statement. Look in the Vision+ forums for gimbal replacements and you will see just how long it takes for DJI to fix something. DJI has never been setup as a strong customer service company, that's why they have dealers. Again, this is not a slam against them, its just a fact. Of course you don't care how much I spend, nor should you. it was asked if a dealer was in this thread and why dealers got product first. I replied. I gave a reasonable explanation that I purchased a LOT of units, paid DJI before any consumer did, and I have to support the end user regardless of who they bought it from. So yes, I think I deserve a little special treatment from my manufacturer.  

Yes, you have every right to complain. A dealer's perspective was asked for, it was given, and maybe some people didn't like it. However, I am being open and honest and sharing my perspective.
2015-1-4
Use props
kp.iwsltd
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I spend 6 figures a month with DJI.... or I spent a lot in the last month with DJI, likely a more accurate snapshot.
That's a Pretty bold statement, looking at your showroom I could see maybe 20k tops in product and that's stretching it, just out of curiosity how long has MULTICOPTER WAREHOUSE been in business for?
Lets be honest here and transparent. Nothing I hate worse than fly by night companys setting up and talking all big like they have been in the industry for years.
2015-1-4
Use props
biketrials
lvl.1

United States

kp.iwsltd@shaw. Posted at 2015-1-4 23:15
I spend 6 figures a month with DJI.... or I spent a lot in the last month with DJI, likely a more ...

http://www.denverpost.com/yhbiz/ ... ock?source=infinite
2015-1-4
Use props
kp.iwsltd
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Exactly..... 2014.
I believe there is a lot of learning for MW, its obvious that anyone can become a DJI distributor.
2015-1-4
Use props
Jerry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3675046 ft
United States

kgarrison@gmail Posted at 2015-1-4 22:57
DJI support is horribly backlogged, that is a fact, not a derogatory statement. Look in the Vision+  ...

Wow, I wonder how much has to be spent to be a Tier 1 supplier?
2015-1-4
Use props
jackiedh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

MTShipp Posted at 2015-1-4 04:26
Not to sound too obvious like I am siding with either point of view, I will state one thing. DJI mak ...

What everyone seems to be missing in this Dji vs Dealer orders is the main reason Manufacturers have Dealers/Distributors-

1-Inventory -If there were no dealers Dji would have to maintain a large inventory on hand to support all orders on a real time basis-this takes additional warehouse space-creates real time manufacturing issues - costs money to inventory the product in house-creates a need for more warehouse and shipping resources and shipping issues
2-Accounting-Requires more accounting resources for billing and collection issues
3-Sales-More in house Pre and Post Sales support
4-Product on Shelves for immediate purchase

The cost of all this in most cases may outweigh the difference in profit the Manufacturer earns from selling thru it's Dealers vs Selling the product directly to Customers--Most smart Manufacturers realize this and if they choose to have Distributors/Dealers as a Sales Channel support that channel first and foremost as the Cost of Sales of selling direct is very high!!

Jack
2015-1-4
Use props
dennis
lvl.3
United States

Attention all pilots, avoid this dealer he only cares about himself
2015-1-4
Use props
dennis
lvl.3
United States

DJI support is horribly backlogged, that is a fact, not a derogatory statement. Look in the Vision+  ...

Everybody who can avoid the multicopter warehouse should.  let him sit on his 6 figure pile of drones.
2015-1-4
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

jackiedh Posted at 2015-1-5 01:07
What everyone seems to be missing in this Dji vs Dealer orders is the main reason Manufacturers ha ...

This is a good lesson in "Logistics"..thank you for the perspective.
2015-1-4
Use props
jackiedh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

pete1144@me.com Posted at 2015-1-5 01:19
This is a good lesson in "Logistics"..thank you for the perspective.

Thank You--But it's not only logistics --there is a very real benefit in Cost of Sales and Post Sales support for using and supporting a Distributor/Dealer network as your Sales Channel

Jack
2015-1-4
Use props
ppdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272799 ft
United States

OK.....so imagine the World where DJI distributes through their own channel as well as DJI dealers.....ok....did you do it? How do you rate DJI's customer service?
Now....imagine the World where DJI ONLY distributed through their own website.... I honestly can't!!!!
We should be thankful that there are dealers, and that they are there to support us!
DJI needs to find the right balance between their own distribution and dealers.
In my job, I deal with huge launches on a daily basis....and in my eyes, DJI oversold what they could have made....
They should have been more realistic and capped the units they would launch with. That number should have then been divided between dealers and dji.com.
Looks like they took orders from dealers way in advance and just decided to sell sell sell on dji.com.
Is that a mistake of MulticopterW? I don't think so. They ordered a number of units, and got only 20% of what they ordered.
In my line of biz, the dealers would ask for compensation of lost sales!

I have no affiliation with MulticoperW...but have to say I was in touch with them on facebook and only received excellent information and support so far. Give guys a break! They are a startup, and are doing a great job! If I ever buy Inspire 1 I will buy from them and certainly not buy from amazon or dji.com directly... Support the dealers.
I can only hope DJI will learn on how to operationally execute launches. I would even be willing to give them some help if needed!
2015-1-4
Use props
kgarrison
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

kp.iwsltd@shaw. Posted at 2015-1-4 23:15
I spend 6 figures a month with DJI.... or I spent a lot in the last month with DJI, likely a more ...

Why would you think our entire inventory is in the showroom? And yes, we are a tier 1 dealer, which requires a large amount of orders per month. just because you don't believe a new company can grow this fast doesn't mean we didn't. We also sell to other dealers now and compete against the larger distributors.
2015-1-4
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I started this thread because of a delayed delivery date by DJI. They indicated a future delivery of 11/7/2015, even though dealer customers were receiving product earlier.

Interestingly, my inspire was just delivered, 01/05/2015, in NY at 8:37 AM.
2015-1-5
Use props
ultraturtle
lvl.2

United States

I also had that FedEx hold for delivery on Wednesday, but it just got delivered today.
2015-1-5
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Couldn't help opening the box in my office.

I know there are always going to be haters, but this device is strikingly beautiful and very slick.

I really hope it lives up to all the hype. Otherwise, I'll just mount it and keep it as a wall ornament.
2015-1-5
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.2

United States

<redacted>
2015-1-5
Use props
agallo33
lvl.1

United States

If I purchased a inspire 1 from you today. When will it be shipped to me?

My experience in going through dealer programs has always been without extended warranty provided by reseller channel, is that they only offer to ship to manufacture. Are you suggesting that you work in house on DJI Inspire 1?
2015-1-5
Use props
agallo33
lvl.1

United States

kgarrison. Where is you're support agreement? If I purchased one today when will it be shipped?
2015-1-5
Use props
agallo33
lvl.1

United States

Update from support.

Thank you for emailing DJI online store.
Your order belongs to round 1 pre-orders and should be shipped
within this week.
Your kind patience is much appreciated.

Assume with this response that dealers were pre "pre" orders?

2015-1-5
Use props
kgarrison
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

We filled most of our pre-orders last week with what we got and will have more arriving this week. We currently do not know how many we will be getting this week yet.  We have a metric crap-ton on order and expect they will be trickling for a while. While they try to balance inventory between dealers and direct orders.

What support agreement? We are a tier 1 dealer and handle all of our own warranty service in house.
2015-1-5
Use props
agallo33
lvl.1

United States

kgarrison@gmail Posted at 2015-1-6 00:44
We filled most of our pre-orders last week with what we got and will have more arriving this week. W ...

Where can I find more information regarding servicing with your company?

If I order from you now, when will I receive my inspire1?
2015-1-5
Use props
andrew
lvl.1

United States

My inspire 1 also had a 01/07 delivery date but it looks like i'll have it in a few hours (out for delivery). 01/05 was the original date I was given by Fedex.
2015-1-5
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I wonder if DJI cancelled the future delivery date in response to our belly aching. Or more likely, in response to their arrogant Tier 1 Retailer.
2015-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules