Overconfidence. It never ends well.
2885 54 2016-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LordNeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 548212 ft
Chile

Sorry for your loss, thank for your honesty.
That location is insane! I hope you record more stuff soon.
2016-2-1
Use props
WetDog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1131886 ft
United States

It has occurred to me to get a used P3 standard, put rotor guards on it and beef up gimble protection and use it as an 'advance scout' for these sorts of shoots.  It's just too difficult to guess altitudes and orientations some times.  I've done this with older GoPros - put them in high risk situations and if you trash it, you're not out too much.  If all goes well, use the more expensive version and hope Murphy isn't lurking about....
2016-2-1
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

WetDog Posted at 2016-2-1 14:26
It has occurred to me to get a used P3 standard, put rotor guards on it and beef up gimble protectio ...

Oh man,  it's so funny you should say that,  because I have a Standard, and I intended to use it for just that purpose.  But,  since the initial 30 meter flight went so well,  I figured I had this thing dialed in.  There is the overconfidence factor.  It would have been a drag having the standard crash too,  and I think the cost of repair would have been about the same.  As it happens,  I got the replacement camera in today,  installed it and did a test flight.  I am happy to be able to say,  the advanced is good as new in all respects.
I am happier than a kitten with a q-tip.
2016-2-1
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-2-1 11:25
Hi Cetaman,

Yes,  that is exactly what it is.  And it is a beautiful place.  Very dramatic,  near ...

Aloha Kneepuck,

So, will this be a break-even sort of project, I mean without counting the innumerable man-hours working on it?  Sure will be nice when you are done.  Looking forward to the videos already!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-2-1
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-2-1 14:53
Oh man,  it's so funny you should say that,  because I have a Standard, and I intended to use it f ...

Aloha Kneepuck,

Good to hear that!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-2-1
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

Cetaman Posted at 2016-2-1 19:36
Aloha Kneepuck,

So, will this be a break-even sort of project, I mean without counting the i ...

I am too,  but I get the feeling it may be a couple of years in the making.  Oh well,  I have time in abundance.
2016-2-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-2-2 16:10
I am too,  but I get the feeling it may be a couple of years in the making.  Oh well,  I have time ...

Do you know if there is a De Lorean in among all that. I want to build a time machine so I can go back and save all the money I chucked away on useless gadgets.
2016-2-1
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-1 22:08
Do you know if there is a De Lorean in among all that. I want to build a time machine so I can go  ...

Sadly,  no DeLorean.  However there is a lot of stainless steel.  You could build one.  Make me an offer.
2016-2-2
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-1-29 03:00
Ordered a new camera and gimbal assembly.  An expensive mistake.  $359.00 usd for the camera/gimbal, ...

Makes you wanna buy a new drone and save the other for being a parts dealer. Can make enough of of parts to pay for your new one..lol
2016-2-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a friend who flies with overconfidence, in a month and a half he wiped out three brand new P3P's and two brand new Inspires.
2016-2-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-3 05:14
I have a friend who flies with overconfidence, in a month and a half he wiped out three brand new P3 ...

Can you ask him to send the wrecks to me? I could probably glue them back together.....
2016-2-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-3 06:10
Can you ask him to send the wrecks to me? I could probably glue them back together.....

All were sent back for repair at a huge cost to him for crashing so many aircraft.
if there was a license required, I would have taken it away
2016-2-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-3 09:20
All were sent back for repair at a huge cost to him for crashing so many aircraft.
if there was a  ...

OK, I guess some people were not 'born to fly'.
2016-2-2
Use props
Ribfeast
lvl.2
Australia

Must have pots of money!
2016-2-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-3 07:27
OK, I guess some people were not 'born to fly'.

it would seem so.
2016-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules