Insurance for my drones
1715 11 2016-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrisp8756
lvl.1

United States

Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to share with everyone. I was able to obtain insurance for my DJI 3 Standard, Advanced and Professional through State Farm Insurance.  Anyway thought i would share it with you. My policy covers the drones them selves .. So for example if they are stolen, or fall out of the sky or I crash it etc. Zero deductable and the cost was only $80.00 per year. So if your still looking for insurance you may wanna talk to State Farm. Happy flying!

2016-1-28
Use props
dmcman73
lvl.1

United States

Does the insurance also cover any damages the drone causes? Such as if it fell out of the sky onto a car or hit someone or does the insurance only cover the replacement of the drone?
2016-1-28
Use props
chrisp8756
lvl.1

United States

dmcman73 Posted at 2016-1-28 15:56
Does the insurance also cover any damages the drone causes? Such as if it fell out of the sky onto a ...

No it is not liability insurance. The coverage is for the drone only.
2016-1-28
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

That's pretty high for no liability.
2016-1-28
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

80.00 a year is rather cheap actually if no deductible and its replaced if crashed.
2016-1-28
Use props
waynelongop
lvl.2

United States

State Farm told me your home owners policy will cover any damage to property or people.  Probably not a bad idea to get an umbrella policy as well for it kicks in once you meet the max payout on the home owners insurance. Not a bad thing to have anyway in this litigious society we live in.
2016-1-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Yeah, it feels so much better with the drone insured
2016-1-29
Use props
gherd
lvl.2

Based on this thread, I contacted a State Farm rep in NY and inquired about replacement insurance.  I was quoted $60/year for full replacement insurance that covers the drone, batteries, controller, propellers and camera (if purchased separately - otherwise integrated cameras is covered under drone).  The policy covers accidental breakage, loss and theft.  I do not have any insurance with State Farm currently.  The quote was based on a Phantom 3 Standard.  There is no deductible.  
2016-2-17
Use props
bjmoody
New

United States

Could you provide contact information for who wrote your policy? I called my local State Farm agent and they said they don't have anything like that.  Thanks in advance!
2016-2-25
Use props
coldnibbles
New

United States

You can join the AMA and it includes insurance:
http://www.modelaircraft.org/membership/membership/overview.aspx
2016-2-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI now offers  Insurance as well.

http://www.dji.com/support/djicare
2016-2-26
Use props
Rich in Boise
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34721 ft
  • >>>
United States

Added my P3P to my State Farm home owners policy in Boise, Idaho.  The price is $34.00 a year with no deductible.  Covers fire, theft, and damage caused by me running into trees, mountains etc.  It is not a liability policy.  Liability is covered by home owners policy or liability rider (if you have one), or my AMA insurance assuming I am flying is a responsible and safe manner (always a stickler when dealing with insurance lawyers).
2016-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules