App automatically incorrectly changes to p3pro
809 4 2016-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexaosmith
New
Flight distance : 10394 ft
Australia

I use the DJI go app on an iPhone 6s Plus. I turn the app on and select the p3advance but as soon as I turn on the controller and cnnect the phone the app automaticaly changes to p3pro. It won't let me change back to advance unless I disconnect the phone from the controller but then the cycle repeats itself. Very frustrating.

I have uninstalled the app several times and I have tried updating the controller but it's already updated.

Any thoughts?
2016-1-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it working correctly now?
2016-1-31
Use props
darynfoster
lvl.1

Australia

I am having a similar problem with my Phantom 3 Pro, The DJi app defaults to the Phantom 3 Standard, it will not let me select camera view when I change it back to Phantom 3 Pro. In Phantom 3 Standard it will not connect to the drone. I have tried for hours turning on and off the remote and drone. I have tried to link the RC by following the instructions in the manual. It wont let me select IMU calibration. Nothing seems to work. I have read that uninstalling and reinstalling the App may help, but I do not want to loose all my flight log data.

Getting very frustrated, anyone have a solution???
2016-2-6
Use props
darynfoster
lvl.1

Australia

I have the Phantom 3 pro, have been flying it since june 2015, no problems. now it will not connect to the remote, the app only lets me open in camera view if I select the Phantom 3 Standard. I have tried linking the RC by pressing the linking button as shown in the manual under trouble shooting. No success, continues to show disconnected. have tried to connect by turning off and on for several hours, now just getting pissed off with it. cannot find any help in blogs or forums for this problem.
Am considering trying to reinstall firmware but have read many issues with the latest updates. Current have version 1.4.00.

I have tried changing the USB cables, also tried downloading DJi go app on another ipad air 2, will not allow camera view in any selection of Standard, Advanced or Pro, just defaults to how to connect tutorial.
Following the directions hundreds of times still does not connect to the aircraft, just defaults back to the how to connect tutorial.
Their seems to be a connection between the remote and the aircraft as I can rotate the camera up and down, but this is the only functionality.
I have also tried another Battery in the aircraft, no difference in results.

I have not updated any firmware or changed any settings on anything. The i-pad did do an automatic update, but I was having the trouble connecting before that occurred. It was flying perfectly the last time it flew, have not crashed it. It has been through an airport customs scanner when I visited New Zealand and have not flown it since. It went through the same when I left Australia to go to New Zealand, but I had no problems flying it in New Zealand.

It is still under warrantee, but are unsure if I need to send it back for repairs, don,t really want to loose it for several months as suggested in blogs and forums.

Has anyone had simular issues or have any advice.

Daryn
2016-2-6
Use props
nick4098
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I had a problem where my P3A thought it was a P3P.

It seemed to resolve itself when I figured out the best turn-on sequence.  If I start the RC, then the Phantom, then plug the RC into my tablet in that exact sequence, it always identifies my Phantom as an Advanced first time.  I used to power up the Phantom last, and that's when I got the problem with the incorrect model coming up.

Give that a try and see how you get on.
2016-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules