DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-2 01:26
Dear customers with the same issues, could you please provide us information:
1. Aircraft model
2. A ...

P2 Vision+ V3
Firmware Version 3.14
Samsung Note 3
Android 4.4.2
DJI Vision App 1.0.60, automatic update downloaded and installed on to phone.
2016-2-2
Use props
enniowlelis
lvl.1

Brazil

thepoho@gmail.c Posted at 2016-2-2 12:25
Hi,
How did you get to view those files?  Are they on the SD card of the Phantom or did you get th ...

Hi,
the files are on the mobile device .
2016-2-2
Use props
enniowlelis
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-2 14:26
1. Aircraft model
2. A ...

P2 Vision+ V2
Firmware Version 3.14
Samsung S4
Android 5.0.1
DJI Vision App 1.0.60, automatic update downloaded and installed on to phone.
2016-2-2
Use props
Luisomarf
New

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-2 14:26
1. Aircraft model
2. A ...

P2 Vision+ V3
Firmware Version 3.14
Nexus 6P / iPhone 6s Plus
Android 6.0.1 / iOS 9.2.1
DJI Vision App 1.0.60
2016-2-2
Use props
victor.bergamin
lvl.1

Brazil

I'm with the same problem.
After upgrading the app, he forced updating the range extender, after several attempts, all with the message "fail", I choose the option "update later".

Well, after that my Range Extender can only turn on, I can not do anything else.
The light of the "power" lights up green and remains so, and the "system" lights up green, then goes out 1 second later.
I see no network, does not connect to the Phantom, does not reset ... nothing!

So I can´t do the rebind or something like this, because I can´t connect to the Range Extender.

I already sent an e-mail to DJI, but no response so far.

1. Aircraft model: Phantom 2 Vision +
2. Aircraft firmware: 3.14
3. Mobile device model: Motorola X (primary cell, the one I really use), Iphone 5, Iphone 6S and Ipad 4
4. Mobile device OS version: Android 5.1, iOS 9.2.1 and iOS 9.2
5. Vision app version: Android 1.0.60 and iOS 1.0.56

Thanks

2016-2-2
Use props
thepoho
lvl.1

Australia

My Details:
Aircraft: Phantom 2 Vision, PV330
Firmware: 3.14
Phone: Google Nexus 5
Mobile OS: 6.0.1
Vision app: 1.0.60 (but just updated to 1.0.61 automatically)
2016-2-2
Use props
dvmarks
New
Flight distance : 4160 ft

Australia

DJI...

I would strongly suggest that you  withdraw app version 1.0.60 from the app store and your web site immediately.
and maybe replace with app version 1.0.58. and even post the apk file on this web site. This should have been done days ago.
If DJI didn't update the app who did? I smell a rat in your company and you need to eliminate the rodent so as to get public
confidence back to your company.
I also would like you to tell us how to connect to the Range extender to a PC so we can reconfigure it to work again as the app has killed
the range extender.

1. Aircraft model: Phantom 2 Vision
2. Aircraft firmware: version 3.14
3. Mobile device model: HTC ONE M9
4. Mobile device OS version: Android version 5.1
5. Vision app version: Android version 1.0.60

Thanks

2016-2-2
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for your feedback here! Our engineers  are working on a solution, right now.
I'll keep you updated
Sorry for inconvenience caused!
2016-2-2
Use props
dirtdummy
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-2 22:19
Thanks for your feedback here! Our engineers  are working on a solution, right now.
I'll keep you u ...

Thank you!
2016-2-2
Use props
dvmarks
New
Flight distance : 4160 ft

Australia

I've noticed that the App on Play store is now version 1.0.61 and on you web site it's 1.0.59
2016-2-2
Use props
scott.kelli
lvl.1

United States

DJI Support, I'm frustrated and disappointed that, after almost 5 days, your response to my online ticket was a generic "send it in" message.  It appears you didn't even bother to read the details of the multiple updates I've provided over the last 4 days of troubleshooting.  Do I really need to send the entire unit in?
2016-2-3
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Is anyone here on Android running the Litchi ap as well? If so, have you tried that to see if everything works as it should via that ap?
2016-2-3
Use props
rivest266
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131604 ft
Canada

Range extender works, but at a greatly reduced range.

1. Aircraft model: Phantom 2 Vision
2. Aircraft firmware: version 3.14
3. Mobile device model: Galaxy Galaxy S5
4. Mobile device OS version: Android version 5.1.1
5. Vision app version: Android version 1.0.61

Also flying P3S as well, but want to get my Vision working again.
2016-2-3
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-3 11:19
I'll keep you u ...

Tim,
What is the cause and status of this?
What was and is being pushed to these Wifi modules and why?
Where is DJI with regard to providing a solution?
Who gives DJI the right to force these upgrades?
Was this some kind of strange attempt to GeoFence P2's and limit their range in some way, shape or form?
Do you actually expect any P2 owner to seriously consider a P3 or whatever is next with this kind of maneuver?
2016-2-3
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-2-4 10:24
Tim,
What is the cause and status of this?
What was and is being pushed to these Wifi modules and ...

I has nothing to do with Geofence. Our R&D are trying to locate the problem and come up with the solution as soon as possible.. I'm sorry for all the inconvenience caused..
2016-2-3
Use props
skyline_g35
lvl.1

United States

Where are my posts at?
2016-2-3
Use props
skyline_g35
lvl.1

United States

My WiFi extender got bricked.  Why was my post deleted?
2016-2-3
Use props
michaeltmason11
New

United States

update??? considering cashing in the insurance I bought for the drone as your customer support is useless. If so i plan on suing in small claims court for meglegent business practices. As it appears multiple drones have been damaged a class action may be in the future. I use these drones for business purposes and am losing $250 a day thanks to this new update.  A lot of the frustration from your customers could be eliminated by simply providing some information and communicating effectively.
2016-2-4
Use props
clausboman
lvl.1

Thailand

Hello all - I have the same problem with my Phanthom Vision exactly like most of you describe. I help take pictures for my wife real estate business, so yes it is really important for us too that everything is working. I'm Danish and living in Southeast Asia - for all non-Asian, do have in mind that we are entering Chinese New Year (CNY) so I honestly don't think we are gonna get more feedback before a week two. CNY is like Christmas to many of you, EAD to others etc.  Everyone of us can screw up, but do give DJI a chance even their reputation of feedback is not that great. But - it is CNY - urge you all to do respect. If in doubt, ask yourself if you would go to work at Christmas an let your wife and kids stay home alone - you wont!
2016-2-5
Use props
clausboman
lvl.1

Thailand

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-4 09:56
I has nothing to do with Geofence. Our R&D are trying to locate the problem and come up with the s ...

Hello all - I have the same problem with my Phanthom Vision exactly like most of you describe. I help take pictures for my wife real estate business, so yes it is really important for us too that everything is working. I'm Danish and living in Southeast Asia - for all non-Asian, do have in mind that we are entering Chinese New Year (CNY) so I honestly don't think we are gonna get more feedback before a week two. CNY is like Christmas to many of you, EAD to others etc.  Everyone of us can screw up, but do give DJI a chance even their reputation of feedback is not that great. But - it is CNY - urge you all to do respect. If in doubt, ask yourself if you would go to work at Christmas an let your wife and kids stay home alone - you wont!
2016-2-5
Use props
clausboman
lvl.1

Thailand

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-4 09:56
I has nothing to do with Geofence. Our R&D are trying to locate the problem and come up with the s ...

Sorry for repeat post - new to this forum!
2016-2-5
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

enniowlelis@gma Posted at 2016-2-1 20:18
Well, researching my cell , I came across the following folders and files ( attached ) . Unfortunate ...

I found the 1.03.bin file in my phone with the .60 version also in the DJI_RangeExtender Folder. I deleted the folder then upgraded to the latest .61 version of the app. The DJI_RangeExtender Folder was back but the1.03.bin file was not there.
I have the app version.59 on my tablet and the DJI_RangeExtender Folder is not included.
I bench tested the .61 version of the app today and all worked ok. Also tested LITCHI and Ultimate Flight with sucess.
Note, I did not use my Phantom while the .60 version was installed so my range extender was not bricked.
I will test fly when the weather gets better.
2016-2-5
Use props
pcm2a
lvl.1

United States

I have a copy of 1.59 if I need to attach it on here?
2016-2-5
Use props
bengalboy69
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just opened my Vision app and connected with no issues.  Automatically updated to 1.0.61 on HTC One M8.  Although I haven't flown my Vision+ V3.0 yet to see if the performance has been affected, it appears everything is working properly.  No issues with my WiFi  range extender not connecting or remaining connected.  All camera controls work with tilt and settings.  The video feed is clear and I have nothing to add.  However, I will be interested to see if the connection performance has been adversely affected or improved?  I'm not sure why DJI would update the Vision App after such a long time and after removing the Phantom 2 Vision+ from products available.  The notes to the app simply says "bug fixes", but, I've been flying mine for almost a year since the last app upgrade came out with no issues.  It would be nice if DJI would at least tell the Vision+ Owners exactly what the upgrade to the Vision App was supposed to do?  If it improves WiFi connection I'm all for it, but, if it restricts the range I'm pretty pissed that I can't roll back to the 1.0.58 version.  I've already suffered through one DJI firmware fiasco, main controller 3.08 which crashed my Vision+ due to a mandatory firmware upgrade.  I was lucky I was over land at the time and not flying over water as I sometimes do.  After almost 2 months in repair, $50 in shipping costs to California, I got it back without so much as a "sorry" from DJI. If it had crashed in the water I'm sure DJI would have said "too bad" we can't fix or replace if you can't prove you installed 3.08.  I agree with other posters, transparency is required regarding the firmware and upgrades that are pushed to our machines.  I've been waiting for the Phantom 4 to arrive before upgrading from my Vision+, however, I'm about ready to forget the coolness of "Lightbridge" technology and go with the upcoming Yuneec Typhoon H and compare company support for their products.  DJI,, I want to know what the reason was for changing/upgrading a dead app was for Phantom 2 Vision+? (Are there new features on the Vision App that didn't exist on 1.0.58?  Does it extend/limit the range of the WiFi range extender??)  A responsible company would tell the owners of its products what it is doing to change the performance.  A year ago all fly aways were "operator error",, after firmware 3.08 was pushed out,, it became apparent that DJI's firmware could actually be responsible for fly aways and crashes beyond the Pilot's control.  Drop the "silent treatment" and start giving the customers answers...
2016-2-5
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Seems their is an issue and DJI is working to resolve, sorry but doesn't seem like any quick fix. They are telling some pilots to RMA their units.
2016-2-6
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

bengalboy69@gma Posted at 2016-2-6 15:11
I just opened my Vision app and connected with no issues.  Automatically updated to 1.0.61 on HTC On ...

I turned off automatic updates on all my devices long ago for this very reason, i just missed the fiasco of 3.10 and skipped it completely then went to 3.12 and have been sitting on it ever since and not updating to 3.14 for the very reason, if it is not broke and it does nothing more, don't fix it, my DJI Vision ap is 1.048 iOS and i am not changing it!
2016-2-6
Use props
bengalboy69
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I wish I had not enabled automatic update for my apps, but, Facebook and others update constantly and without updating you lose functionality.  However, those apps don't control a $1000 machine in the air.  I'm going to go out and fly this weekend at an area I know I get around 1300 feet of WiFi range and see if the pdate has affected the camera's video performance.  I willl report back.
2016-2-6
Use props
bengalboy69
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I flew 3 batteries today with a Awesome experience using Vision App 1.0.61.  I got 1750 feet in range before I chickened out at a 320 X 240 30fps connection.  No drop outs,, no latency,, absolutely smooth and without any "Loss of Signal" warnings or black screen.  The performance was much better than in the past.  Maybe it was ideal conditions to fly, but, I flew in the same place a month ago with noticeable connection issues at about the 1300 foot range.  I still have black screen when taking RAW images and it sometimes would have alittle latency issue after the image came back on screen for a second or two until it got a solid connection again.  I'm satisfied that my use of Vision App 1.0.61 is a definite improvement in connection quality.  Maybe its a programming improvement as a result of the release of the Phantom 3 4k??  Regardless, my experience is very positive with no issues in operation and a much improved range with a faster frame rate.  Next time out I will raise my resolution up to 640 X 480 at 30fps and see how it goes?  I have never been able to use this resolution with reliability when purchasing my Vision+ back in November of 2014.  Eventually, I just gave up trying and left it at 320 X 240 to avoid black screens and severe image latency.  
2016-2-6
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

Good to hear your results, sure wish DJI would inform us of what App fixes were included with the new versions.
2016-2-7
Use props
galaviz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9962405 ft
Mexico

Please we need a solution and spent many days with no response DJI
2016-2-7
Use props
captstoner
lvl.1

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-1-29 15:16
Try to re-bind or re-link,
someone post some picts, i have never heard of a wifi module firmware u ...

The phone program won't run until you update. No way around it. The the wifi gos poof.
Read the other posts, a lot of people like me are screwed.  No gps, Can't fly, won't sink.
It is done by phone app to your wifi link.
2016-2-7
Use props
clausboman
lvl.1

Thailand

captstoner@char Posted at 2016-2-7 16:27
The phone program won't run until you update. No way around it. The the wifi gos poof.
Read the ot ...

Did anyone have a solution yet?
2016-2-14
Use props
enniowlelis
lvl.1

Brazil

clausboman@gmai Posted at 2016-2-14 21:39
Did anyone have a solution yet?

I bought a new RE as they do not believe there is another satisfactory solution , since there is no way to connect to the RE .
2016-2-14
Use props
clausboman
lvl.1

Thailand

enniowlelis@gma Posted at 2016-2-14 19:41
I bought a new RE as they do not believe there is another satisfactory solution , since there is n ...

I got this STANDARD reply form DJI today - honestly I think this is a waste of time - did anyone try this:

Dear Claus,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Please kindly check the methods below for troubleshooting.
1. Please check the cable from the gimbal to the Phantom, make sure all the cables are connected properly.
2. Please connect to the Assistant software, upgrade all the firmware to the latest version. Also, please download the latest APP.
3. Please reset the range extender, and reconnect to the Phantom wifi, and re-binding the camera, and check the APP again.
4. Please try to take the SD card out, or try with a different SD card.
5. Try different mobile devices.

If you have tried all and still got the error, I am afraid that you may need to send the Phantom back for check and repair.

Please contact your dealer as the first option, or contact your nearest support center:
http://www.dji.com/support

Thank you for choosing DJI.

Sally
2016-2-14
Use props
scott.kelli
lvl.1

United States

I would recommend calling DJI directly.  After calling their number in California, they provided me with an RMA number for my range extender and camera.  The items have been shipped to them and I'm waiting for a response regarding what they find wrong with the unit.  I'll post an update here as soon as I hear from them.

If you don't want to wait for the repair process, the only other option is to purchase a new range extender and go through the binding process with your existing camera.
2016-2-15
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

ATo many reports of the exact same problem. The wifi extender is being rendered useless. Don't donthe up date if younarenhearing this. DJI needs to put out a new update and pull the old one. Looks like they are going to have to make the repairs to the  extender.

Chime in DJI, where do this issue stand, has been a couple of weeks now. I am sure you are aware of it and have take. Steps to resolve!
2016-2-15
Use props
dirtdummy
lvl.1

United States

I think DJI hung us out to dry! My Re was modded for an ITE antenna I don't think they would do anything for me. So I bought a used one off eBay modded it and it works fine. Sucks I had to go thru this because of a botched update!!!!!
2016-2-15
Use props
pagan.harold
lvl.2

United States

I had this same bricking issue happen with one of my p2v+v3's the other updated successfully without issue. Sent unit in for service. 2 weeks later it's being sent back. Seems customer support is getting better at DJI.

Both P2v+v3 running 3.14 fw
both attached to a Samsung Galaxy s6 edge+ running Android 5.0.1

DJIVision app forces update. I know in the past no firmware updates for range extender, but seems that this is no longer the case.
If one wifi-x had not updated successfully than I would suspect a program error. However, one passed, one failed so I tend to think it was a failed firmware write.
2016-2-16
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

DJI, any information for us. What is going on with the Vision app. I have 2 devices and one upgraded from the .60 version to the .61 version when I turned the device on. The other will not upgrade above the .59 version. Both are running Android 4.42.
Also the .61 version has a folder with a .fir file.
2016-2-16
Use props
michaeltmason11
New

United States

The silence continues..... when will we get an update on the bricked extender caused by your faulty forced update?
2016-2-17
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules