problems with updating the range extender
1234Next >
15744 131 2016-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
enniowlelis
lvl.1

Brazil

Hello , I made the update DJI VISION , and he tried to upgrade the range extender , after that , no more can not turn on wi fi . the LED system flashes intermittently but does not create the network. Can someone help me?
2016-1-29
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

I have never seen an update for the range extender, which version Phantom do you have and what was the upgrade procedure?

To my knowledge..NO updates go into the extender, only the RC, The Phantom and the Camera...

Maybe try to rebind your extender via the procedure in the manual as outlined for your model
2016-1-29
Use props
enniowlelis
lvl.1

Brazil

have a vision + Phantom , the update was a demand of the DJI VISION app . after being executed , the range extender stopped communicating . app version 1.0.60
2016-1-29
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Still, i have never seen an update requirement for the RE, anyway, try to re-link it via the manual, you can find your manual via this link if you do not have it.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid251592

Navigate to the appropriate model and download it.
2016-1-29
Use props
thepoho
lvl.1

Australia

Also happened to me. Can't even find the wifi network to connect to.  Can see it on a wifi analyser though, but completely unable to connect.
Poor form forcing an update with no way of getting around it
2016-1-29
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

thepoho@gmail.c Posted at 2016-1-30 04:09
Also happened to me. Can't even find the wifi network to connect to.  Can see it on a wifi analyser  ...

Try to re-bind or re-link,
someone post some picts, i have never heard of a wifi module firmware update and have never plugged my wifi into anything but a power source for charging...for that matter, never will based on what you are saying...
To my knowledge, there is nowhere in the manual where it says to plug your wifi module/range extender into your computer for an update, if so, someone please show me...
2016-1-29
Use props
enniowlelis
lvl.1

Brazil

I believe it was an app bug , I can detect the phantom network in the notebook but can not connect. the RE , is not sending any signal. I can even do the resset . (forgiveness for poor English and grateful for the collaboration)
2016-1-29
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

enniowlelis@gma Posted at 2016-1-30 05:54
I believe it was an app bug , I can detect the phantom network in the notebook but can not connect.  ...

you will need to try to rebind/relink the RE as best i can tell from your description of the problem. Make sure all external services on your phone/tablet etc. are turned off. This can be very tedious and sometimes can take many tries.
2016-1-29
Use props
enniowlelis
lvl.1

Brazil

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-1-30 06:21
you will need to try to rebind/relink the RE as best i can tell from your description of the probl ...

thanks man, i will try it.
2016-1-29
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

are you using android or ios?
2016-1-29
Use props
thepoho
lvl.1

Australia

Using android.  Didn't plug the range extender into anything.  I turned on the RE and my phantom as per usual. Joined the phantom wifi network and started the app.  The app put up a message saying to update the RE firmware.  There was basically no way to get around it - you couldn't continue using the app until the firmware was updated.  So i pressed ok and it counted down like 60 seconds.  At the end of the 60 seconds it told me the update failed and to try again.  Problem was it had kicked me off the phantom wifi network and I can't find it again to reconnect.
Since I cannot connect to the phantom wifi network, I am unable to try rebinding the wifi.
2016-1-29
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

DJI,
What is up with this Android update...Are  you hacking Android devices?
2016-1-29
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

Has to be a problem with the app as in the assistant and on the upgrade tabb there is no firmware or software upgrade or path to the wifi extender. Try connecting with an IOS device and see if that works. If it does then it's the android app they is buggy.
2016-1-30
Use props
enniowlelis
lvl.1

Brazil

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2016-1-30 18:42
Has to be a problem with the app as in the assistant and on the upgrade tabb there is no firmware or ...

It may even be , but the fact is that the update changed something in the RE , as it even gives resset or rebind . It emits no signal getting the system LED blinking slowly and intermittently. (I'm using androiod )
2016-1-30
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Can you post screen shots of your firmware as in the attached on the second post in this thread...http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... amp;extra=#pid71125
2016-1-30
Use props
thepoho
lvl.1

Australia

Can't see the wifi on android tablet (nexus 7) or an iphone 6.
Firmware is curently:
2016-1-30
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

You didn't say but when you did the update were you plugged into the assist software on you PC and connected to the Phantom via the USB connection?
Just trying to get all the details....
2016-1-31
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

I turned my phone on yesterday for the first time in about a month (used only for the Phantom)  and noticed the DJI app updating. I don't think I will use the DJI app until this issue is resolved. I have LITCHI and other apps to use for now. I noticed that they updated also. I use the HTC Desire 612 Android phone without a sim card. As far as I'm concerned the DJI app is a no-go for now! I have not powered up the Phantom or radio and extender since the app updated. My Phantom is the P2 Vision+ V3.
2016-1-31
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

Update:
I just turned on my Verizon Ellipsis 7 tablet which I have not used for several months. It uses the same Android version an my HTC phone 4.4.2. Checked the DJI vision App version. It is 1.0.58. Checked for updates in the "Check for new versions" screen. It reported no updates available. Is it possible DJI pulled the 1.0.60 update? I hope so. Maybe they will release a new update to fix the problem.
All I have to say is that I'm glad I don't have a Phantom 3. Look at all the problems those guys have with updates!
2016-1-31
Use props
rivest266
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131604 ft
Canada

I upgraded the range extender and find the range has been greatly reduced to 75m from 200m+   Drone: DJI Vision.
2016-1-31
Use props
thepoho
lvl.1

Australia

Nothing was connected via cables. Was just trying to fly... Opened the app, connected to the phantom and it asked to update.
2016-1-31
Use props
enniowlelis
lvl.1

Brazil

thepoho@gmail.c Posted at 2016-2-1 04:59
Nothing was connected via cables. Was just trying to fly... Opened the app, connected to the phantom ...

Same happened to me .
2016-1-31
Use props
galaviz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9962405 ft
Mexico

It happened to me this past week I became unusable the Range Extender RE700,
I force the update of android and stopped working,  No answer , no wifi, no reset  HELP
2016-1-31
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

DJI need to chime in and the users affected need to contact DJI to see what the issue is
2016-1-31
Use props
enniowlelis
lvl.1

Brazil

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-2-1 09:22
DJI need to chime in and the users affected need to contact DJI to see what the issue is

My dear friend, thank you for your commitment , but I am in Brazil , the DJI , never give any thought to their consumers here.
2016-1-31
Use props
dvmarks
New
Flight distance : 4160 ft

Australia

It's happened to me today as well.
The android app updated a few days ago and I went for a fly today.
The app demanded that I upgrade the range extender so I did.
Then it said that there was a connection failure retry later or retry now.
I chose later as I was on a job.
Went to my next job and like every one else no Phantom on my wifi list.
Had to cancel job with a red face.
In the workshop tried re binding but no go as I can't get a wifi signal on phone.
Uninstalled app and reinstalled DJI app same thing no wifi connection.
I had a brand new range extender so did the bind trick and hey presto it came up on my android wifi list.
However started the DJI app and yep "your range extender need to upgrade. do you upgrade now ?"
I had to turn the range extender off and wait for the app to upgrade it to use my phone. Definitely a hacked app to me.
So I hope DJI is doing something about it. Can we load old apps into our androids?
2016-2-1
Use props
galaviz
lvl.1
Mexico

There is no solution to revive the RE700
2016-2-1
Use props
scj5066
lvl.1
Flight distance : 684157 ft
United States

galaviz Posted at 2016-2-1 17:26
There is no solution to revive the RE700

Just spoke with DJI support about this problem and was told to send everything in for repairs.....awesome.
2016-2-1
Use props
galaviz
lvl.1
Mexico

The trouble I'm in Monterrey Mexico
2016-2-1
Use props
galaviz
lvl.1
Mexico

Also they asked me to send me to reprogramme
2016-2-1
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

jonnied2010 Posted at 2016-1-31 12:25
Update:
I just turned on my Verizon Ellipsis 7 tablet which I have not used for several months. It u ...

I just visited the Google App Store on my computer and it still shows version 1.0.60 as the current version. DJI sure needs to get on top of this! I am going to unload the DJI App from both of my Android devices until this issue is resolved. I will use LITCHI or Ultimate flight until then.
2016-2-1
Use props
enniowlelis
lvl.1

Brazil

Well, researching my cell , I came across the following folders and files ( attached ) . Unfortunately I have no programming skills to handle .bin files. If someone has such knowledge , I believe that the analysis of the files would be the beginning of a possible solution or understanding of what happened.
Screenshot_2016-02-01-22-03-56.png
Screenshot_2016-02-01-22-04-07.png
2016-2-1
Use props
enniowlelis
lvl.1

Brazil

It was not possible to send the .bin files for the forum , but if someone is willing to consider , ask the email enniowlelis@gmail.com
2016-2-1
Use props
dirtdummy
lvl.1

United States

Mine updated and bricked!
2016-2-1
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Martha Focker!...Another one...DJI need to figure this out quick!
2016-2-1
Use props
thepoho
lvl.1

Australia

enniowlelis@gma Posted at 2016-2-2 12:20
It was not possible to send the .bin files for the forum , but if someone is willing to consider , a ...

Hi,
How did you get to view those files?  Are they on the SD card of the Phantom or did you get them some other way?
2016-2-1
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Dear customers with the same issues, could you please provide us information:
1. Aircraft model
2. Aircraft firmware
3. Mobile device model
4. Mobile device OS version
5. Vision app version
Your info will be escalated to our P2 R&D to figure out the best solution for you.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused!
Thank you!
2016-2-1
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-2 01:26
Dear customers with the same issues, could you please provide us information:
1. Aircraft model
2. A ...

P2 Vision+ V3
Firmware Version 3.14
HTC Desire 612
Android 4.4.2
DJI Vision App 1.0.60, automatic update downloaded and installed on to phone.

P2 Vision+ V3
Firmware Version 3.14
Verizon Ellipsis 7 tablet
Android 4.4.2
DJI Vision App 1.0.58, says "no updates available" when checking for updates from app.

2016-2-2
Use props
scott.kelli
lvl.1

United States

I installed last Friday and it bricked mine as well.  I'm using a P2V with a Samsung S5.  I opened a ticket online Friday with DJI.  No response yet. Very frustrated.
2016-2-2
Use props
scott.kelli
lvl.1

United States

scott.kelli@com Posted at 2016-2-2 04:45
I installed last Friday and it bricked mine as well.  I'm using a P2V with a Samsung S5.  I opened a ...

Further details:
P2 Vision (3.14 firmware)
Samsung Galaxy S5
Android 5.0
App version 1.0.60 (latest from app store)
2016-2-2
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules