15789 131 2016-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
janj3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38747 ft
United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2016-1-30 06:42
Has to be a problem with the app as in the assistant and on the upgrade tabb there is no firmware or ...

It happened to me today with an IOS device.  No way to get around the RE update.   I pressed OK, it looks like DJI vision update 1.0.58 sends the firmware update to the RE which takes 60 seconds, then the update supposed to install.  The install failed.   It changed my SSID, WIFI connects, but RE won't connect to the Phantom.
2016-7-4
Use props
Dimzin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37392 ft
Canada

Happened to me as well.
P2V, Everything works except the video link.
Same old story, was prepping for a flight the next day, checking batt's/connections etc.
Ran vision app (Forced Update) annnnnd No video preview available.
I guess I'm an unsolicited member of this exclusive club..

1. Aircraft model: Phantom 2 Vision
2. Aircraft firmware: v 3.14
3. Mobile device model: Samsung GT4
4. Mobile device OS version: Android v 5.1.1
5. DJI Vision app: Android v 1.0.59

Oh wait, I was also quoted 300+ CDN$ to repair your ineptitude.

{:4_110:}Thanks DJI{:4_110:}
2016-7-31
Use props
HUMMER_H1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 160302 ft
Switzerland

@DJI-Tim
Hi, I had the same issue yesterday! Now i can't connect anymore my WiFi Range Extender, I see no Phantom's network on my phone.
The green system light is off, but the power one is ok and lighted up.

1. Aircraft model: Phantom 2 Vision Plus
2. Aircraft firmware: v 3.14 (Main controller)
3. Mobile device model: Samsung Galaxy Note 4
4. Mobile device OS version: Android v 6.0.1
5. DJI Vision app: Android v 1.0.61

I don't want to spend a lot of money on a repair... Please DJI, help me! I'a student and i payed a lot for this drone...
If i buy a new RE700 and connect it to my Phantom will it work?

2017-1-12
Use props
HUMMER_H1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 160302 ft
Switzerland

Update:

I bought a new RE700, I binded it with the camera and all works fine. But afet few minute came out the upgrade request. I declined it with turning the RE off. Any button of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 were working!
Maybe it's a problem of Android, now I'll check with an old Iphone 4S.

Take a look to the image ;)

Screenshot

Screenshot

2017-1-17
Use props
shomci
lvl.1
Flight distance : 388081 ft
Hungary

My fellow phantom pilots on the ground,

I have a P2 V+ V3 and after 2-3 flights it gave me nightmare. The issue is the same as yours. No live feed (+cannot take a photo).
I sent the unit back to DJI to see if it is still under warranty and how much would be the repair cost. I live in Hungary so I sent the phantom to Germany. I received this as a gift and turned out that they would repair it because this is under warranty. It took 2 months and 30 EUR postage fee for me to get it back. I received it in mid dec 2016.
Long story short, today I tried to fly with it. GUESS WHAT. No live feed.

I sent a not so polite email to DJI and letting them know I sue them if they won't fix my problem. Warranty is not a joke. It is their obligation to fix my 1200 EUR piece of crap.
If anyone wants to join, lets sue them.
2017-1-24
Use props
shomci
lvl.1
Hungary

Range extender is in good condition and has the power after 10-15 minutes.

2017-1-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

This has been an ongoing problem for about a year now and there has never been a solution brought in by DJI.  

An easy fix is to buy a used RE 700 that has not been updated.  You can get 'em on eBay for around USD 50.  Pay with paypal.  Do not upgrade.  If it doesn't work, get a refund and buy again.  Do not upgrade.  

If you fly with Litchi, you won't get any messages to upgrade and you'll fly happily for months and years into the future.  

Hope this helps.
2017-1-24
Use props
shomci
lvl.1
Hungary

I called DJI repairs in Germany.
They sent me a label so I can send my phantom back for free. (at least)
When I asked them what if they "fix" it again and won't work for me?
Answer: -They can fix it. They will fix it
What if it fails again? - It won't.

I am having trouble believing them.
Yet I send them back and hope the best. In the meantime I suggest to collect all the info, in one google drive or something so we maybe can find a solution.
We will need guys with fully working P2V+ so we could extract the FW.
Thoughts?
2017-1-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

How would we extract the firmware?  And after extracted, how would we install the firmware?

I'm not real optimistic that this is possible because I've never heard of a single RE being repaired from this damaging update.  Not by a DJI customer and not by DJI themselves.  A year is a long time, and there have been hundreds and perhaps thousands of P2V(+) owners who have range extenders that are only good as paperweights due to this upgrade.  And still, the months keep going by and nothing has been done.  In fact, not only has nothing been done, but DJI won't even STOP the damaging upgrade.  They just leave it up to damage more and more range extenders.  They are damaging them still - even today.   It almost seems as if they are being damaged deliberately.  I believe that next January 2018 this upgrade will still be damaging RE 500s and RE 700s.  MHO
2017-1-24
Use props
shomci
lvl.1
Hungary

guys,

as reading tons of technical information about this issue, i found http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/lightbridge-firmware-problem-and-solution-firmware-version-not-found-by-dji-assistant-tool.77073/

first it seems nothing to do with our issue, BUT if you read carefully, it actually makes sense. probably a memory issue cause the lost of live feed. although i have not proof yet, i continue to investigate the issue.
dji never admitted if this would be the issue, and most of the people (incl me) tend to believe that dji updates cause the symptom (again i have no proof or anything on it just the tons of posts and beliefs of causes).
this forming solution would not feasible for all of us because it requires some knowledge in linux, soldering, hw, steady hands, strong nerves etc.. but still, a new hope haha

so we should start investigating the story by ourselves because dji will never help us. nevertheless i sent my unit back to dji and asking for full refund because this is nonsense.
2017-1-27
Use props
flyreno
New

Germany

Its 2021 and i have the same problem. I have read throu fucking 4 pages just to realise DJI never postet a solution.

WOW i am impressed about your "unprofessionalism"!!!!
2021-6-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

flyreno Posted at 6-20 20:53
Its 2021 and i have the same problem. I have read throu fucking 4 pages just to realise DJI never postet a solution.

WOW i am impressed about your "unprofessionalism"!!!!

The solution is to get yourself another new/used range extender.  They're reasonably priced these days.  Good luck.  
2021-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules