Ronin non-functional after 1.8 update (no power)
1438 7 2016-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andrew_bower
New

United States

We updated our firmware using the PC last night and initially, everything worked fine. Today, we are unable to get the Ronin to respond to pan and tilt movement. Although we are able to connect to the device using both the IOS app and the PC program, we can't make any changes AND the test buttons no longer cause the motors to move. It seems as though the motors have simply stopped working.
Battery is fully charged.
The PC program shows zero (0) for all of the Live Data power readings on the general page. The Pan Tilt and Roll angles are updating in real time.

HELP! We had planned on using the Ronin on a job today and it simply failed us.

Andrew
2016-1-29
Use props
Red Dog
New

United States

We were able to get things almost back to normal by running an older version (PC Version 1.8) of the software and overwriting the firmware back to version 2.3.
This allowed us to revert to default settings and now we show real-time power settings above 0.
We are not using the unit with the remote and it is still not totally responsive as before to both the PC Application and the IOS app.

PC Application does cause the motors to move when we click the test button, but the IOS app not longer works this way.

We would love to try version 1.9 to see if these issues are corrected.
2016-1-30
Use props
leokessie
lvl.1
Ghana

Have similar problem. DJI Ronin unresponsive when powered on. Motor Kill switch is always on when I view with Gimbal APP, iOS or Android. Motors are not engaged and I cannot Calibrate System since it detects Motor Kill on even when I switch it off. Have had numerous issues with the Ronin and has embarrassed me several times. I am far away from the U.S. to be able to have it repaired. I want to exhaust every possible avenue to solve before I give up. I have reset settings on all platforms still no way forward. Is it possible to downgrade firmware. GCU is currently is 1.0 and IMU is 3.1.

Please anyone help if you can.
2016-2-1
Use props
silvertonesx24
lvl.1

United States

Same problem as the OP here. Updated firmware, and now motors are not working.
2016-2-13
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

silvertonesx24 Posted at 2016-2-14 02:30
Same problem as the OP here. Updated firmware, and now motors are not working.

1. Pls make sure both GCU and IMU are up to date, the latest version are GCU1.2, IMU3.0
2. Click on "Default" after the the upgrade
2016-2-13
Use props
silvertonesx24
lvl.1

United States

Yes, I did both updates, verified that they were listed under the Assistant app, and clicked default.

I also get "not intelligent DJI battery" in the App as well. Still no motor power.
2016-2-13
Use props
mejorenlineaco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 556706 ft
Colombia

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2016-2-13 22:44
1. Pls make sure both GCU and IMU are up to date, the latest version are GCU1.2, IMU3.0
2. Click o ...

Hi Dji Cathy .
i have this version and the software allow me re install the firmware (i think) , but i have the same problem...
the problem start when i put the motors in motor kill.  but the ronin doesnt respond..

HELP pleaseee
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

silvertonesx24 Posted at 2016-2-14 14:00
Yes, I did both updates, verified that they were listed under the Assistant app, and clicked default ...

Please check if you've plugged in the battery firmly, the battery need to be fully connected.
2016-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules