Ronin-M Orbiting Around a Subject?
1102 2 2016-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
david
New

United Kingdom

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering whether it is currently possible, or COULD be possible with a firmware upgrade to allow the Ronin-M to have the ability to orbit a subject?

For example, I want to be able to track left and right in front of a subject, but have the camera remain pointed at them.

I know this is sort of possible to do manually, but it never looks great without loads of practice.

I wondered whether this could be implemented using the currently spare remote control wheel?

You could point the camera at a subject, hold the remote control wheel - and the Ronin would lock to orbiting a fixed point in space. When you released the wheel, the ronin would revert to normal operation.

This would be SUCH an amazing feature!!

Any suggestions?

2016-1-30
Use props
moonbrushed
New

United Kingdom

Movi have just announced a firmware update that includes something called 'target mode' where the Movi is set to follow a transmitter....

http://www.newsshooter.com/2016/ ... gimbal-stabilisers/
2016-2-9
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

I want that feature too, its not the same as the new movi system where you have some kind of tracking mechanism on the person and the gimbal follows that.
I imagine a guy in a chair, and you spin in circles around him maintaining the same distance, and the gimbal points always at center
2016-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules