Was GEO fixed?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oliver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hello all,

A while back, there was a lot of heat surrounding the GEO system. The map appeared to be absolutely covered in "Authorization zones", and everyone was concerned about "advanced unlocking", and how it might work if you're travelling without internet connection for more than 3 days.

Having just checked the map, it seems like many of the "Authorization zones" have become "enhanced warning zones", and there is now a reasonable number/size of "Authorization zones". If this is true, good on DJI for fixing it! However, the map in the app doesn't always reflect what is shown on the website map:
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock

So, did they really fix it? Apologies if this is a repeated question, I've been out of the loop ever since GEO got released.

Also what is an "enhanced warning zone"?

Many thanks!
2016-1-30
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

Geo is still in Beta.  I am sure there have been some changes to the system.  I just looked at the maps and can say that, at least in my area, there have been significant changes since it was first released.  Is it fixed?  I am sure to some it will never be 'fixed.'  However, it seems clear it is a work in progress at this point.
2016-1-30
Use props
Richard.frankli
New

United Kingdom

It seems to me that DJI have updated the online map (on the link you provided Oliver), but they've not updated the app or firmware. So basically the beta app and the online unlocking system are out of sync, meaning the areas you unlock aren't actually unlocked on the drone. Does this sound like the same situation you're having Oliver?
2016-1-30
Use props
Oliver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Richard.frankli Posted at 2016-1-30 15:44
It seems to me that DJI have updated the online map (on the link you provided Oliver), but they've n ...

Thanks for the heads up Richard. That was what I expected from DJI, to be honest. For that reason, I haven't yet updated. I'll wait until they fix it!
2016-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules