Windows Movie Maker ???????
7477 22 2016-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
profireman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 313094 ft
United States

Does anyone use Windows Movie Maker to edit video ?

Everytime I try to open or edit video from Phantom 3 WMM crashes.

It works if I open any other videos from phone, PC, security cameras... or if I open it in gopro video editor, save it, then open it in WMM it works fine.
(yes I know it's not a go pro camera, but it works)

2016-1-30
Use props
wmw1490
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40269 ft
United States

I use it from time-to-time and it has worked ok for me.  I use it for light editing or trimming, but it can do much more.  Usually, in your event logs on your system under the application logs, there will be something written when an application crashes.  Check there as it may give you some clues as to why you are experiencing the crash.  Good luck!
2016-1-30
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

What resolution are you using? I'd be really surprised if WMM can handle 1080P, much less 4K.

Barney
2016-1-30
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Barney Rubbel Posted at 2016-1-30 16:42
What resolution are you using? I'd be really surprised if WMM can handle 1080P, much less 4K.

Barne ...

It does 1080p just fine here.
Win 7 & 8
2016-1-30
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Based on what you describe,  it is likely tou have some corrupted system files.  You would be surprised to see how easy that is to do,  and windows will just keep limpimg along slower and slower and randomly crashing.  It is an easy fix.  Try the following:
We will be working from the command line prompt.  Don't be nervous.  This is just DOS.
1  On the START menu under Accessories scroll down to find "Open Command Prompt"  RIGHT click on this and from the menu that comes up,  select " Open As Administrator"
3  You should now see a DOS window open,  with something like the following prompt:
c:\users\your user name\desktop:>_               
The _ will be blinking.  This is dos waiting for a command.  Type the following:

sfc /scannow

Before you hit enter,  verify it looks like this:

c:\user\your user name\desktop:>sfc /scannow

If it does,  hit the enter key.  This process can take some time.  Just leave it be.  It is verifying all your important system files and repairing the ones that are corrupted.  When it finishes,  if there were repairs made, it will say so.  You will be back at the command prompt.  Now is a good time to run a disk check.  Disk errors are another common cause of windows troubles.  Type the following from the command prompt:
chkdsk c: /f

A window will open asking you if you want to schedule a disk check.  Click yes.  Now exit dos by typing:
exit

Now restart the computer the normal way.  When it restarts,  it will open another dos screen and a countdown will begin.  Do not disturb anything.  Let it proceed.  It will check and repair the disk and reboot itself.  This first reboot may take a bit longer than normal.  But when it finally loads the Windows desktop,  you computer wil run faster and smoother than it has in a long time.   
These steps should be part of your periodic computer maintenance routine.  There are a couple of other things you can do to make things even better.  If anyone is interested,  let me know and I will post on how to do that.
2016-1-30
Use props
profireman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 313094 ft
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-1-30 11:12
Based on what you describe,  it is likely tou have some corrupted system files.  You would be surpri ...

no errors.....WMM won't play .mov movies.
Didn't realize go pro editor was converting them
2016-1-31
Use props
pantera989
lvl.3

New Zealand

Barney Rubbel Posted at 2016-1-31 04:42

Barne ...

WMM can, and has handled 1080p fine for years. It's pretty underrated for basic editing IMO.
2016-1-31
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

profireman Posted at 2016-1-31 20:24
no errors.....WMM won't play .mov movies.
Didn't realize go pro editor was converting them

Not being able to play video files is an error.  Frequently a system file error.  But,  up to you.  
2016-1-31
Use props
marco58
lvl.2

Italy

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-2-1 08:03
Not being able to play video files is an error.  Frequently a system file error.  But,  up to you. ...

I confirm. I use only WMM to edit my movies, never any problem in reading files, no problem to open mov files and also corrupted files usually crashing e.g. google film player on android. Actually, I still have to find a format WMM is unable to open at 1080p.
2016-2-1
Use props
Morg66
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68980 ft
United States

are you using the (Add Videos) button in movie maker to import your new video into movie maker, before trying to open or edit?
2016-2-1
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Norway

Just Fine

I'll have to refraise that as mine just went all Green on me :/

Green_Media_Maker_2016-02-01.jpg
2016-2-1
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

I have used it and uploaded my first flight video to my channel on YouTube using it. However, I now use Wondershare Filmora. Both on a Windows 10 PC.
2016-2-1
Use props
jlspitler
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48130 ft

United States

I've been using WMM for years. Never an issue and never an issue with theP3A videos. Just click on the video and drag and drop into WMM
2016-2-1
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

I use WMM exclusively to edit the MOV files from my Advanced.  Then I import them into Nero for any further before I either post or burn them.
2016-2-1
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-2-1 10:58
I'll have to refraise that as mine just went all Green on me :/

Maybe that's just a real close up shot of a leaf or something.
2016-2-1
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Norway

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-2-1 22:18
Maybe that's just a real close up shot of a leaf or something.

Trying DaVinchi Resolve now and it doesent seem to be any Aliens there for now DaVinchi_Resolve01.02.2016.jpg

2016-2-1
Use props
monica66
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Recently on many editing forums, both Windows Movie Maker newbies and professionals have come across the same annoying problem when importing DJI Phantom 3 H.264 4K videos to WMM like the above user. In fact, H.264 is the ubiquitous codec, and it looks like it will stay for quite some time. Owing to video codec, computer configuration and operating environment, it is difficult for WMM to recognize H.264 MP4 files. To achieve the goal, you need to encode H.264 to Windows Movie Maker.
2016-4-19
Use props
chris198810
Banned

Japan

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-8-3
Use props
christing
lvl.2

Japan

chris198810 Posted at 2016-8-4 11:16
In fact, no matter MP4 or MOV videos recorded from DJI Phantom 3 are both incompatible with Windows  ...

Totally agree.

Windows Movie Maker lacks support for 4K video and for DJI Phantom 3 MOV or MP4 recordings, it can ingest natively due to the heavy compressed format. You can get some hints from this DJI Phantom 3 to WMM worklfow.
2016-8-24
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft

I use WMM no problem. 1080p and 2.7k mp4.  Win 10 and 4th Gen i7.
2016-8-24
Use props
Ninefingers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2153967 ft

Drop your video resolution in the dji go app on the camera to 1080 at 30fps. had the same problem and that fixed it.
2016-8-25
Use props
djiuser_FTbSXBaLOVAL
New

United States

WMM seems to be discontinued in January 2017. Do you want to use some other third-party software in the past? Like AceMovi and Adobe premier
2021-7-11
Use props
seoprix
New

Hong Kong

I use TOPWIN Movie Maker exclusively to edit the MOV files from my Advanced.  Then I import them into Nero for any further before I either post or burn them.  You can download TOPWIN Movie Maker from this link: https://www.topwin-movie-maker.com/, - and yes, it's a safe link, with this software, you can quickly turn your photos and videos into polished movies. Add special effects, transitions, sound, and captions to help tell your story.
2021-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules