2438 6 2016-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

If I would to set 10 waypoints in the DJI Go App or 3rd party app and I ran the waypoints, at any time if we would lose RC signal would the wapoints run its full mission and then do a RTH or would it stop at the waypoint and just do a RTH incompleting the mission?
2016-1-30
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

It would complete the mission, then hover waiting for an instruction from the controller.
2016-1-30
Use props
FPV Booster
lvl.3

Hong Kong

In Mission Planner (FPV Camera), the mission will continue per Mission Planner FAQ - Q2. You may also configure it RTH or hover upon completion of mission.
Q2. If RC signal lost or app crashed/quit accidentally during a waypoint mission, will the mission continue or RTH (Return To Home)?
A2. RC signal lost is a common issue likely due to RF interference, antenna orientation, far distance or signal blocked by obstacle. When RC signal lost or app crashed/quit accidentally during a mission, the mission will continue until reaching the last waypoint. If you set Finish action to RTH in Setuptab, aircraft will RTH and auto-landing. This is usually safer than aircraft RTH upon signal lost. Imagine, when you fly behind an obstacle (such as a tall building) blocking RF signal then the aircraft executing RTH, RTH altitude might not set high enough to avoid hitting the obstacle.
2016-1-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-1-30 11:11
It would complete the mission, then hover waiting for an instruction from the controller.

Correct, that's how the GO app works.
2016-1-30
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FPV Booster Posted at 2016-1-30 22:45
In Mission Planner (FPV Camera), the mission will continue per Mission Planner FAQ - Q2. You may als ...

Great thank you for the informative information.
2016-1-30
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

I would like to point out that this differs between 3rd party Apps. If using a Auto pilot  flight logic the bird will supposedly return home after signal is lost ....
Litchi I believe will continue the mission then return home on mission completion (confirm that).  Never assume the behavior of the bird will be the same no matter what... Research this before you fly.
   And by the way due to a glitch found in  the DJI SDK   (found by auto pilot flight logic)... Some 3rd party apps do not respond to RTH the way the software advertises them too...
Be careful, do the research before flight,  and do small (controlled) safe test to see what behavior your bird will exhibit.
Paul Kerry is the guru on these things. He does more test then just about anyone.....I'd shoot him a message with question like yours. He may or may not be familiar with the current App you're using... He can answer almost anything related to the go app for sure.
2016-1-30
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AlaskanTides Posted at 2016-1-31 01:18
I would like to point out that this differs between 3rd party Apps. If using a Auto pilot  flight lo ...

Great thank you for the information. I'm planning on doing some autonomous flights that at some point I know I will lose signal from the remote.  I want to make sure  that the bird comes back home to its nest or it will complete the mission and then come back. Like you said I will have to do some smoke testing in an open field and see how the bird reacts
2016-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules