I'm getting frustrated here.
1210 14 2016-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brianj_92505
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30817 ft
United States

You would think that a company selling a $1000 device would provide adequate documentation for it. I’ve seen better user manuals in a $5 Fisher Price toy. The website has numerous videos touting all the features available but never any instruction on how to implement them. There are server menu screens on the DJI Go App that include settings which I have no clue as to what they and there is no documentation. Is this situation intentional or are the people running the show all high on crack?  If anyone knows where I can find good documentation please let me know.

2016-1-30
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

download the manuals from dji
2016-1-30
Use props
info
Second Officer

United States

Welcome to DJI

They want to be perceived as the new Apple, they are more like Windows Vista.
2016-1-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You've seen better manuals form a $5.00 Fisher Price toy, interesting. The P3 Pro manual is 59 pages.
The manual is in the app, read it and you'll have a better understanding of how a DJI Phantom works.
2016-1-30
Use props
nix240z
lvl.2

United States

Advance downloads http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-adv/info#downloads
Professional downloads http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads
Standard downloads http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-standard/info#downloads
2016-1-30
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes - the manuals and tutorials are clear !
2016-1-30
Use props
alexm42
lvl.2

United States

The functionality on the Phantom 3 pro is described in detail in the manual, yes.

The functionality of the DJI Go app is not described in the Phantom 3 manual. When I got my phantom 3 how to do simple things like enable advanced flight modes - there are several references to doing so, but no instructions on how to do so. I didn't know certain elements of the DJI GO App were clickable until I saw videos of people going into those menus to access something.

For instance: I did not know you could enable battery voltage in the DJI Go app. I think that would have been very useful to know. Some information on how to get to these things in the DJI Go app would be helpful.
2016-1-31
Use props
alexm42
lvl.2

United States

Here is a video where a helpful guy on Youtube explains the DJI Go app in detail, he makes the same observations about lack of info right at the start ;)

2016-1-31
Use props
snowsurferss
lvl.3

United States

I am an old school guy, I open the box, toss the manuals in the corner never to be seen again and learn through part wisdom/part trail and error...........
2016-1-31
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

The fact that you can't find the manuals and instructional videos tells me that you should just return it before someone gets killed. You aren't ready.
2016-1-31
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I'm the old school guy who reads the manuals from cover to cover.  However, that only goes for printed manuals.
2016-1-31
Use props
brianj_92505
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30817 ft
United States

O.K. Here are a couple of the most recent mysteries that the 58 page manual has failed to solve.

There is no mention of “waypoints” or “follow me” anywhere in the manual.

In the Go App settings on the MC Settings/ Advanced Settings page there is a slider labeled “Enable IOC” which I’m not sure what it does I only know that I cannot slide it to the on position. It isn’t mentioned in the manual.

In the Other Settings page there are 3 sliders that I can change but haven’t a clue as to what they do. They are labeled “Calibrate Map Coordinates (For China Mainland)”, "Enable Amap (For China Mainland)”, and “Show Flight Route” again these are not mentioned in the manual nor is the button underneath the sliders marked “Clear Flight Route”

2016-1-31
Use props
JIM AMBS
New
Flight distance : 801 ft
Canada

im in the same boat bird won't format card keeps timing out trying to add latest firmware just so annoying  
its does not respond just sits there flashing lights about 8 hrs in try some more tonight.
2016-3-4
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

These should help you.  Seriouly thought, practice flying (A LOT) before jumping in to these extra features.  Many people think that they know what they are doing right away and wind up crashing.  They are not 100% autonomous and life happen like GPS signal loss, etc.  If you do not know how control it when that happens, sadly, a crash is highly possible.Here are some videos to understand the extra features.

2016-3-4
Use props
newsphoto90
lvl.1

United States

Welcome to the world of DJI brother! Total lack of care for customer service!
2016-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules