Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Zenmuse x3 micro USB port
12043 11 2016-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darkjudicator
lvl.4
Ukraine

Hi, what is the purpose of the micro USB port on DJI Osmo?
I tried to connect it to computer USB port but it seems doesn't work.
It would be nice to have ability to download files on computer without extracting the memory card.
Thanks.

2016-1-31
Use props
pi-inthesky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

I think its there for further developement.Perhaps DJI could respond to this.
2016-1-31
Use props
EXPO
lvl.2

United States

being that its attached to a moving gimbal, I don't see any further development other than direct  offline firmware update or charging battery while locked
2016-1-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, the micro USB port is for FW update and downloading files inside the SD card.
If you use it for FW update, please connect the Osmo to a mobile device and log in the DJI GO App, download the latest assistant software into the SD card's root directory. Make sure the SD card is in the Osmo and then follow the steps in the App to upgrade the FW.
If you wanna download the pictures or videos, please connect the Osmo to a PC, then power on the Osmo and PC, you can download the files normally. Thanks!
2016-1-31
Use props
pi-inthesky
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-1 02:03
Hi, the micro USB port is for FW update and downloading files inside the SD card.
If you use it for  ...

My reasoning that it was for further development was there was no mention of this method in the manual and no usb cable supplied so i took no more notice of it.Thanks Adela for the info and quick response
2016-1-31
Use props
pi-inthesky
lvl.4
United Kingdom

EXPO Posted at 2016-2-1 00:40
being that its attached to a moving gimbal, I don't see any further development other than direct  o ...

My thoughts also DJI Adela has confirmed for firmware and file downloads.
2016-1-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

pi-inthesky@hot Posted at 2016-2-1 11:04
My reasoning that it was for further development was there was no mention of this method in the ma ...

You're welcome! As for the further development, DJI will always publish the release notice about the update. DJI staff may use the micro USB port for some parameter setting or adjustment, the end users don't have to care about that.
2016-1-31
Use props
darkjudicator
lvl.4
Ukraine

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-1 10:03
If you use it for  ...

ok, after some dancing I could connect the camera to computer and see the content of the memory card. I tried different cables and  different USB ports. And at some combination it did work. But all the cables seem good, at least my other devices works with them and I didn't have any problems with my computer USB port previously. So I'm not sure what was wrong.
So may be there are some specific requirements for successful connection?
2016-2-1
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

darkjudicator Posted at 2016-2-2 03:15
ok, after some dancing I could connect the camera to computer and see the content of the memory ca ...

About the description, I'm a little confused. Do you mean that you can connect the Osmo to your PC successfully, you can see all the content of the SD card, but you can't download any files to your PC, am I right? What's your system of your PC? If you're using Mac, please try micro window system. If you're sure that there is no problem with the USB cable, please tell us the properties of your SD card, a shortcut of the properties please. We'll try to figure out the issue for you.
2016-2-1
Use props
darkjudicator
lvl.4
Ukraine

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-2 10:31
About the description, I'm a little confused. Do you mean that you can connect the Osmo to your PC ...

No, I mean now I can download files after trying 3 different USB cables and 3 different USB ports on my PC (Windows). But the cables look similar and USB ports work with other devices without problems. So I just not sure why my Osmo works only with one of that 3 cables/ports. So unreliable.
2016-2-1
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

darkjudicator Posted at 2016-2-2 13:51
No, I mean now I can download files after trying 3 different USB cables and 3 different USB ports  ...

I see! It's good to know that finally you downloaded your files. I think the problem may be out of the bad connection between the Osmo and your the other two cables. This would be my advice, when you try to connect the Osmo to the PC via the cable, you can lock the camera and gimbal to avoid the failure of connection caused by the dancing of camera and gimbal. The micro USB port in the Osmo camera is a standard one, no special requirement, I can use my phone's USB cable to check the pictures inside the SD card of Osmo. Any other questions, please feel free to leave a message. Thanks!
2016-2-1
Use props
djiuser_nB8zAYqtOhy3
lvl.2

New Zealand

ok ok this is good news cause ya website doesnt really say this but all good....
now the real question is can i charge of this port....can i charge the Zenmuse X3 of the 3.5mm usb cable...thats the real question...
only just got me a Zenmuse X3 the other day n loving the $k at 60fps but im so wanting 4K at 60fps
so can it charge of the usb cable...
2023-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules