Phantom 3 Standard - First Flight Experience
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cpikulinski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1665223 ft
United States

Hello all...

I just wanted to say how impressed I was with the Phantom 3 standard and my first flight this morning.

The Phantom Standard is a thrill and performed exactly as I expected. The beginner mode was assuring and helpful and although nervous, I felt like I had control of the quad the whole time. I like the return to home features and intend to play with this some more. Locking onto multiple GPS locations worked great. I'm also glad I have been flying a couple cheap quads like my UDI and Syma outdoors as well as my Blade Nano. It really helped to have a good grasp on the controls of the Standard 3.

I did have quite a time getting the latest firmware to load. The first time the process stopped and the quad just beeped and beeped. I looked all over the forums for help and finally determined that hitting the reset button on the underside of the quad was the solution. The firmware upgrade then restarted and I made sure there was no interference and allowed the upgrade to complete.

I know I'm rambling on but I'm very happy with the Phantom Standard 3 and can't wait to get my batteries recharged and get back out flying.

Happy flying to you all!

Chris

2016-1-31
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Chris,

Good on you! Read and learn, my friend! An opinionated word to the wise, don't update firmware versions right away, there are many others here that will share their experiences first. Know what you're updating before you do so. Short of that, have fun! Be careful and fly safe.

Jerry
2016-1-31
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Welcome to our community! I'm glad you like your drone!  Please watch more tutorials and read forums to gain experience and drone knowledge faster!
2016-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules