Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Beau
lvl.2
Flight distance : 345092 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey there,

So I was cruising along with my P3Pro and I got a "Critical battery warning" alert thing (I think that's what it said on screen)

At the time I was at 28% battery accrding the app. I probably should have kep a better eye on the voltage. I'm not looking for why it happened, I'm wondering how to regain control quicker.

The app said audibly "returning to home in 10 seconds" as the copter immediately shot skyward to RTH. Weird, but ok. The thing is, I was ready to land it. It was only a few meters off the ground. I was coming down for a landing when it shot skyward. For the next 15-20 seconds I had no control. I wiggled the sticks everywhich way and looked for a cancel option in the app but saw nothing like that. When the copter got closer to me, I then got control by doing the same stick wiggling.

What's the correct way to immidiately end a failsafe return to home? Push the H button a couple times on the controller? Something like that?

Also of note, it didn't go to the altitude enetered in failsafe return to home settings. I had that at 112M, pretty dang high. (to clear a lot of tall trees) It went up to like 20M maybe.

2016-2-1
Use props
pantera989
lvl.3

New Zealand

Hi Beau, there are two settings you can set, Battery warning, and critical battery level. The first will give you an audible and visual warning that the battery is getting low, the second will initiate RTH.

I had the Auto RTH start up on me once when I first got mine, when it happened, a little pop up message came up on the app (android), with an option to cancel it, which then allowed me to land manually.
Edit: You can also change the RTH height level
2016-2-1
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

When low battery RTH kicks in, it will ascend to 20m above ground level regardless of your RTH height setting.  Sticks have no effect until it gets to 20m.  The only way to cancel it is to press the RTH button on the remote (it takes a couple of seconds to respond).

Once at 20m the aircraft will rotate towards the home point & ascend to the RTH height you've set. At this point, just touching the left stick will halt the ascent & the aircraft will head straight to the home point at whatever altitude it's at.  You will still have control while it's doing so.
2016-2-1
Use props
Beau
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

pantera989@gmai Posted at 2016-2-2 01:58
Hi Beau, there are two settings you can set, Battery warning, and critical battery level. The first  ...

Right, but none of those things are applicable here.

The initial warning which I have set at 20% did not happen.

The auto RTH kicked in and there was no slide to cancel.

The height I had manually set for RTH was 120 M and it only went up to about 20.
2016-2-3
Use props
Beau
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-2-2 02:12
When low battery RTH kicks in, it will ascend to 20m above ground level regardless of your RTH heigh ...

Thank you! This is EXACTLY what happened. OK then, try the H button on the remote.
2016-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules