6489 18 2015-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
euwingtham
lvl.1

Australia

Hello,

I can't seem to connect my Phantom 2 Vision+ to my Mac. Here are some details:

1. Phantom 2 Vision+ (bought Dec 31st, 2014)
2. MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) with OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)
3. Downloaded, and installed Phantom_2_Installer_v3.6.dmg. I am able to run it, showing RED and BLUE lights on bottom right of the software
4. In Apple > About This Mac > Overview > System Report > Hardware > USB > USB 3.0 Hi-Speed Bus, I can see DJI CONTROLLER, but it isn't recognized on the Phantom 2 Assistant software

I have tried changing cables. I have tried changing USB ports. I have my transmitter ON, then my WiFi range extender ON, then only the Phantom 2 Vision+ ON. I have remove the gimbal clamp. The P2V+ is blinking yellow because I am indoors, so no GPS satellites found.

Any idea?
2015-1-3
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

No you are blinking yellow because you have not Tx connection.  I run a similar set up with my MacBook Pro.  I have never had an issue connecting to my P2's.  I have 3 from the P2 with a H3-2D, a P2 with a H3-3D and Lightbridge along with a P2V+.  All of them work fine on my MAC.  I am not sure what is up with yours.  I would remove and reinstall the Assistant.  
2015-1-3
Use props
euwingtham
lvl.1

Australia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-1-4 12:44
No you are blinking yellow because you have not Tx connection.  I run a similar set up with my MacBo ...

So, here's the question, do I need my Tx, and range extender turned ON or just the P2V+ for the Assistant to connect?
2015-1-3
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just the P2V+ unless you want to calibrate you Tx.  
2015-1-3
Use props
euwingtham
lvl.1

Australia

I tried, and failed again. This time, I reinstalled the software, restarted the computer, only had the P2V+ turned ON, and nothing else, and it's not connecting. Once again, in Apple > About This Mac > Overview > System Report > Hardware > USB > USB 3.0 Hi-Speed Bus, I can see DJI CONTROLLER.

What else do you think I can do to get it to recognize? I'll try a different computer later, but I don't have a PC to try.
2015-1-4
Use props
mikegil
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32730 ft
United Kingdom

Have you connected the lead to the connector on phantom not the camera?
2015-1-4
Use props
euwingtham
lvl.1

Australia

mikegil Posted at 2015-1-4 17:02
Have you connected the lead to the connector on phantom not the camera?

I have connected to the Phantom, the one with the rubber cover.
2015-1-4
Use props
mech
lvl.2

United States

euwingtham@gmai Posted at 2015-1-4 17:36
I have connected to the Phantom, the one with the rubber cover.

I have a P2V+ V3 with a 2014 MacBook Pro and have no problem connecting. You might try deleting and reinstalling the app. Can you connect the remote app to the transmitter?
2015-1-4
Use props
euwingtham
lvl.1

Australia

mech@wispertel. Posted at 2015-1-5 09:44
I have a P2V+ V3 with a 2014 MacBook Pro and have no problem connecting. You might try deleting an ...

Hello,

I've tried deleting and reinstalling. It didn't help

Yes, the app on my iPhone 6 works like a charm when flying the Phantom.

I will try it on another Mac. I don't have a PC.
2015-1-4
Use props
tjgola
New

United States

I recently purchased a Phantom 2 Vision + v3 and I appear to be having difficulty installing Assistant Software v3.6 on my macbook pro (Mid 2010) running OS x 10.9.5.  When I attempt to run the installer, I get a DJI assistant screen labeled Phantom 2.  There is what appears to be a red staus bar running left to right about a third of the way down the screen that stops about 2/3 of the way to the right.  There also shows a skip label with an right pointing arrow.  Nothing happens until I click on the skip label and the next screen is labeled DJI Phantom 2. ( with menus that are similar to the Assistant for menu, basic, advances, tools, upgrade and info). In vewing screen shots on the web of the DJI Assistant for MAC running, the label on the top reads DJI Phantom 2 Vision +.  The instructions I downloaded form the DJI site also list the DJI Assistant as DJI Phantom 2 Vision.  I am wondering if the installation on my Mac is correct.  Also, I noticed there is a download for Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.2 for windows, but apparently not for Mac.  Yet the instructions state I should use the Phantom 2 Vision + Assistant to install the Phantom RC Assistant on the Mac.  I have not been able to determine how this is accomplished.  I'm concerned that the Assiatant software running on my Mac may not be appropriate for the lastest version of the Phantom 2 Vision+.  Any help or insight would be appreciated.  Note I have not connetced my Phantom to the mac yet.
2015-1-5
Use props
euwingtham
lvl.1

Australia

Tried on another Mac, a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011) with OS X Mavericks 10.9.5, and it worked fine! So probably the app doesn't support OS X Yosemite? No idea, but I'm just glad it works on another computer, and that I can set to Naza mode.
2015-1-7
Use props
euwingtham
lvl.1

Australia

tjgola@aol.com Posted at 2015-1-6 12:23
I recently purchased a Phantom 2 Vision + v3 and I appear to be having difficulty installing Assista ...

Hello,

I usually ignore the splash screen, the one where you can click Skip. After that, can you see the green indicator light on the bottom right? If yes, then you're connected. Else, try a restart, reinstall of the app, or on a different computer.

I, too, am using 3.6 on OS X Mavericks 10.9.5, no need for any driver, so just that one .dmg file and that was good enough. But, it didn't work on my OS X Yosemite 10.10.x.
2015-1-7
Use props
jochasphoto61
lvl.1

United States

I'm running Yosemite 10.10.1 on my iMac and I have no issues. Everything worked as advertised.
2015-1-7
Use props
mech
lvl.2

United States

jochasphoto61@g Posted at 2015-1-8 11:14
I'm running Yosemite 10.10.1 on my iMac and I have no issues. Everything worked as advertised.

I too am running on the latest ver of Yosemite w/o problems. Only other thing I can think of is try a different USB cable, if you haven't already.
2015-1-7
Use props
dbenfield
New

United States

I had the same issue with my MAC...the PT2 software would connect to the Phantom no problem, but the TX would not connect.  Once I downloaded the "Phantom RC program" (I think it's the last program on the MAC software list) it connected no problem.  
2015-1-7
Use props
dbenfield
New

United States

I had the same issue with my MAC...the PT2 software would connect to the Phantom no problem, but the TX would not connect.  Once I downloaded the "Phantom RC program" (I think it's the last program on the MAC software list) it connected no problem.  
2015-1-7
Use props
dbenfield
New

United States

2015-1-7
Use props
dbenfield
New

United States

2015-1-7
Use props
tom
New

United Kingdom

HI - I am having trouble connecting my Phantom 2 to the PT2 assistant to re-calibrate and check for updates. I have connected several times before with no issue. I've tried different cables and USB ports as well as downloading different versions of the assistant but am getting exactly the same issues as are being posted in this thraed above -Please can you advise me what might be the trouble and how to fix it? Thanks
2015-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules