P3P losing altitude after Firmware Updatd
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djricaric
lvl.1

United States

Hello everyone...

Been awhile since i've posted anything to the DJI Phantom 3 forums, but had a quick question.  

Earlier today, I updated the Firmware to 1.6 (the most recent release) for my Batteries and updated the RC to 1.5 (it's most recent) update.  Took the Phantom up to test it to an altitude of 20 feet and let it hover.  After about a minute or so, it started to come down every so slightly per the DJI app. At about a minute and a half it was down to 17 ft, then 13 ft, then at 10 (4 minutes later), I landed it and decided to do some calibrating - IMU and Gimbal because I always do them together.... Still losing altitude.  Just trying to figure things out in case I lose the App midflight and my bird hovers, but also loses altitude...

Anyone know why or is there something that I should change?  Let me know, I'd really appreciate it! Thank you so much for your time!

-Mo
2016-2-1
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

It is cold where you are? If you have taken the aircraft out of a warm house into the cold, then you will certainly get a large change in the barometer. That would most likely cause the height change.
2016-2-1
Use props
nix240z
lvl.2

United States

is VPS on or off?
2016-2-1
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

It wouldn't matter at 20 feet, out of the VPS range.
2016-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules