Can 2 iPad apps access the controller at the same time?
1060 0 2016-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eepete
lvl.1
United States

I will be working with a P3 Advanced.  The DJI GO app wil be on an iPad Air-2.  I also will be making an app with the SDK that can send the GPS telemetry to an external server.  The end result should be the abiltiy to see both the GPS info (heading, speed, altitude, GPS accuracy) and battery state on a web site hosted on my external server.  The server will also be showing the camera video via the YouTube connection in an iFrame.

For all this to work, the app I will be making with the SDK will be running in background mode on the ipad, and the DJI Go app will be in the forground (the active screen).

My question is can both of these apps access the controller (you know, the box with the joysticks that has the USB cable to the iPad) at the same time?

If yes, then that would mean the controler can have two devices accessing it.  Or possibly the DJI GO app can somewhow share data with another app (although this appraoch would be very un-Apple like).  I've searched the forums and can't find this addressed anywhere.

I didn't see a forum for the SDK and software development, if this is posted in the wrong place I apologize.

Pete

2016-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules