Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-4 18:45
I would love to have a Rotorcraft license.

it's only money     maybe you will some day.

Rich
2016-2-5
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-4 18:47
Disneyland is a permanent TFR so permission is needed.

I was readying about the TFR's... wow that really makes it hard to make any money around the Disneyland park. I have a client that would like some videos. I guess you can get the FAA waiver but lots of red tape to do this

Rich
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-2-5 18:56
it's only money     maybe you will some day.

Rich

I wish, that would be totally awesome to have that license.
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-2-5 19:05
I was readying about the TFR's... wow that really makes it hard to make any money around the Disne ...

I do know someone and they said they have a COA for Disneyland.
2016-2-5
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-5 20:15
I do know someone and they said they have a COA for Disneyland.

Sounds like a COA may be the way to get the job done!

Thanks Ken

Rich
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-2-5 21:30
Sounds like a COA may be the way to get the job done!

Thanks Ken

Legally, it's the ONLY way to be able to fly in that TFR.
2016-2-6
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

arobatic flight with smoke over Disneyland

IMG_6159.JPG IMG_6160.JPG IMG_6161.JPG
2016-2-6
Use props
flydodom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 321857 ft
United Kingdom

Laser lights!

Surely, you all have seen them around.  It was on the News on Monday that they are the most commercial pilots' nightmare as kids held them up to their eyes into their cockpit around some airports during landings at nights   You can get these light-sabers as little as £1 any where in the UK, possibly the world.  I wonder if it is all for the safety of airliners and the air traffic control how come they allow these toys still?

Anyway below is only my opinion - you may agree or not:

To make a business out of flying with Drones for me it is not a viable way at all.  If one uses this as hobby all fine it is, however demand such conditions from professional image makers, not fare in my opinion!  This is a bit like you may take a photograph in and around a Palace but use a tripod then you'll get stopped!  Why?  Because to receive a share of £$€, we pay our taxes, insurances and other fees but the hobby users don't.  Many people in the world work as a part time photographer and receive an income yet they don't pay anything since the digital photography came out.  Rules must be in place to protect everyone fairly, not in a sense that there has got to be a commercial interests within it always.  To make money from this as a commercial pilot first you must become a pilot - pay for the school - then insurance and then investment on your pro equipment.  By the time one is ready to do this all according to the book, the hobby users would have all your businesses before even you get out of the studio to look for a client in this fast growing technology unless you are a big player and have very good contacts in places.  There will be a better drones coming out each year with better cameras offered, then you must also apply for another exemption each time you update your equipment.  Huh!

I do agree for registration for a licence and having some kind of legislation in place to protect public from accidents however I cannot agree to pay such fees for a licence (rates £1000+ in UK).  Yes, schools are good to teach the safety aspects to everyone but if so every user must have a licence in a more affordable fees. The risks apply to everyone to fly a drone...
2016-2-17
Use props
jimandsue60
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3031736 ft
United States

I am new to the 333 exemption, can someone show me a link that shows what required records I need to keep for the jobs that I may do.
2016-2-18
Use props
SixtyMike
lvl.2
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-2-5 18:56
it's only money     maybe you will some day.

Rich

Rich, any chance you know the folks at JetCenter Medford?  I started flying at (Elmont and Monte) when they were in Ashland back in the 70's.

Add me to the list:  Comm SE/ME & Rotorcraft
2016-2-18
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SixtyMike Posted at 2016-2-18 06:39
Rich, any chance you know the folks at JetCenter Medford?  I started flying at (Elmont and Monte)  ...

That is awesome Mike!! Yes I know both of them pretty darn well. I bought my Pitts from Elmont.s brother    Don. Elmont took me on some of my first flights back in 1971 Holly molly I am old  

Monte and I went on some commercial charter flights to Portland & Los Vegas together.  Did you fly for Owen or Wayne?

Rich

2016-2-18
Use props
SixtyMike
lvl.2
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-2-18 18:02
That is awesome Mike!! Yes I know both of them pretty darn well. I bought my Pitts from Elmont.s b ...

Small world, Rich!  No, I didn't fly for Owen or Wayne.  Just a PPL from Elmont and Monte at Ashland late 70's/early 80's.  My PPL instructor was Bill McGahey (sp?).  Monte will remember me.  He and I along with two other pilots picked up a couple of Pipers in Vero Beach, FL spring of '79.  Flew them cross country back to So. Oregon via Missouri, Enid, OK (tornados), Alberquerue, NM, Las Vegas.  Add "Army helo pilot" (H-60's) and he will know me.  Say hello and that I'm doing well!  Hope the same for them.
60M (my current flavor of helo)
2016-2-20
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SixtyMike Posted at 2016-2-20 23:15
Small world, Rich!  No, I didn't fly for Owen or Wayne.  Just a PPL from Elmont and Monte at Ashla ...

Mike

Yes it certainly is a small world   I will say hi when I see them, Elmont is not doing very well health wise. My favorite Heli is the Hughes 500 series D or E. flew some Alouette II's in Alaska and the Enstrom 280 for the BLM.

Take care  Rich

2016-2-21
Use props
SixtyMike
lvl.2
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-2-21 11:58
Mike

Yes it certainly is a small world   I will say hi when I see them, Elmont is not doing ver ...

Thanks.  Sorry to hear that about Elmont.  He has to be about 90 or so?
I too like the 500.  Lotsa fun, that one!
2016-2-22
Use props
paul
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I just spoke to my Congressman in DC. They are well aware of the overbearing and expensive nature of obtaining a 333 exemption as it relates to well-meaning, ambitious videographers. They are currently writing new legislation that will challenge the 333. The assistant I spoke to has this issue under his purvue and was very knowledgeable of the issue.

I'm an old IFR/Multi-Engine pilot. My license lapsed years ago, but my understanding and appreciation of up, down, left, right, thrust. drag, lift, AGL, ASL, power, structures, time, speed, distance, pre-flight planning, navigation and airspace remain... and most of all spatial awareness and tactile touch of the controls. In my opinion, I think the 333 is ludicrous. I fully plan to capture drone content and use it in my videos *now*. However, I will not charge a penny more for them. What I am accomplishing is increasing my value proposition in the eyes of current and potential clients. When these arcane regulations bite the dust, the that's another story.
2016-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules