Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pre flight checklist
1002 12 2016-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
miminiska
lvl.1

Canada

Just wondering if anyone has a quick bullet point pre flight checklist they go by or they would like to share. I know it may vary by pilot. Just wondering what yours is? I'm aware of the one in the manual just wanted a fresh one

Cheers!
2016-2-2
Use props
afiend69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

lets start one here.  I will go first.

1. Get beer.
2016-2-2
Use props
miminiska
lvl.1

Canada

Great start.....next
2016-2-2
Use props
j30trouble
lvl.3
Flight distance : 441010 ft
United States

Take a look outside - is it snowing, raining, or are you in the middle of a hurricane?
2016-2-2
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

http://forum.dji.com/thread-39994-1-1.html

Check that link ....

Happy flying
2016-2-2
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha miminiska,

IMHO, it may be useful for you to use the one DJI provides when you enter the flight deck.  I do.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-2-3
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

afiend69 Posted at 2016-2-3 08:27
lets start one here.  I will go first.

1. Get beer.

drink.PNG
2016-2-3
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

SHamers Posted at 2016-2-3 14:48
http://forum.dji.com/thread-39994-1-1.html

yeah, that one is not bad
2016-2-3
Use props
lignow
lvl.4
Canada

Use one's brain.
Check for full functionality before going up up and away.
2016-2-3
Use props
johnsr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

I find it useful to have a plan (let's call a ritual) which starts with the tablet (Fully charged? Airplane mode? GPS on? Developer option opened? Only one background process? USB debugging? Sunshade in place?). Thence to the RC controller (Battery level OK? Antennas positioned correctly? Tablet mount in position? Tablet mounted? USB cable connected? P-A-F switch on P?) , and finally to the aircraft (Fully charged battery in place? Gimbal clamp removed? Correct ND filter on camera? Camera hood in place? I inspect each prop as I mount and tighten them). Once the aircraft is linked to the RC controller via the GO app and warming up, I go through another similar plan which uses the GO App menus: starting with battery and RTH settings. You can make up your own list. It's like getting equipped to go SCUBA diving or rock-climbing; having a personal plan with some logic to it, really helps...
Good Flying!
2016-2-4
Use props
astrostar
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Pre flight checklist which can be printed back to back to save space and laminated (if you have a laminator)...

Pre flight checklist

If you have a chinagraph pencil you can tick each item off and then wipe the laminated version clean ready for next time.

Graham
2016-2-4
Use props
Dr. Acula
lvl.2

"Airplane mode? GPS on? Developer option opened? USB debugging?"

I get Airplane mode, but do you mean then turn GPS on the phone/tablet on?  If so what benefit does that convey?

What about the developer option and USB Debugging?  USB Debugging should be Off from what I've read, correct?

2016-2-4
Use props
johnsr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Dr. Acula Posted at 2016-2-4 21:47
"Airplane mode? GPS on? Developer option opened? USB debugging?"

I get Airplane mode, but do you me ...

Don't get too worried about my example. I have an Android tablet and it has its own "features". Answering your questions: "GPS on" for the tablet locates my position on the map (also necessary in "Follow Me mode"). As for "Developer options On", the GO APP runs via the USB port (debugging allows the App to run on these devices); in fact this particular tablet (Nexus 9) requires me to toggle the state of that option each time (either On/Off) such that GO App can connect to the RC controller (and aircraft), weird, but it works for me. Hope that helped.
All this to say that each of us will have a slightly different pre-flight check list...
Good Flying!
2016-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules