Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Propulsion output is limited to ensure safety of battery" warnin...
18727 58 2016-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DB4Tim
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-3 17:13
this way new firmware protects the battery from voltage drop this way

What new firmware....what version
2016-3-28
Use props
DB4Tim
lvl.2

United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-2-4 04:24
But the air temperature doesn't mean much, it's battery temperature that matters, or at least, rep ...

Mine was at 75 F that is not cold for the battery
2016-3-28
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

DB4Tim Posted at 2016-3-28 19:13

V1.6 (P3A & P3P)
2016-3-28
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-3 05:13
this way new firmware protects the battery from voltage drop this way

It's great that it's protecting the batteries but I think it would nice if it just did the protecting without the warning message, for me it's a little distracting, just saying.
2016-3-28
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been using the on screen voltage option and I've notice that when the battery drops below 3.50 volts the warning message pops up so it probably has nothing to do with battery temperature.
2016-3-28
Use props
DB4Tim
lvl.2

United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-28 14:45
I've been using the on screen voltage option and I've notice that when the battery drops below 3.50 volts the warning message pops up so it probably has nothing to do with battery temperature. ...

I'm not sure DJI will tell... "all" on this one
2016-3-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

DB4Tim Posted at 2016-3-29 02:13

Firmware v1.6.0.40
2016-3-28
Use props
SuperiorsideMqt
lvl.1

United States

The newest firmware out is v1.7.0060.
2016-3-28
Use props
DB4Tim
lvl.2

United States

Has anyone with v1.7.0060 encountered this warning
2016-4-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

timjd3@cox.net Posted at 2016-3-27 05:33
Yup.....I just had this happen to me when some big wind gusts came in by surprise.   Temps couldn' ...

The warning seems to be triggered by high battery current, such as you would get in gusty wind conditions or sudden acceleration. So as you mentioned windy conditions, it is probably expected.
2016-4-6
Use props
DB4Tim
lvl.2

United States

Bump............................................................
2016-4-7
Use props
DB4Tim
lvl.2

United States

Anyone tried the v1.8.80 yet....please feed back
2016-4-16
Use props
mavco80
New

Italy

Hi all,
i have the same problem...always i try using full throttle and if the battery voltage go too down the drone landind!!!

The same allarm and situation with 3 different battery...

Ok a alarm to prevent the battery go down but now all time i go at full speed my drone risk to landing in a lake or an the sea!!
Before upgrade i went to four kilometers away, and came back without any problems and at the maximum speed!

IS NOT POSSIBLE  !!!!!!  

DJI must solve this problem or help us!!

Sorry for my english
2016-6-6
Use props
scwillis60
New

United States

Ok, so i'm not the only one that experienced a crash.  I upgraded and the fourth flight, got that message and it just dropped out of the sky from about 300 feet.  Recovered drone but not camera.  it was a bright sunny day about 80 and it had been flying for about 10 minutes.  It started spinning out of control and dropped and smashed.

This is not good.  i'm pissed.
2016-7-17
Use props
I just flew my P3 and got the message.  It kept coming and going.  I have never seen this message before even though I have had my P3 for months and have dozens of hours on it.  So why doesn't DJI chime in with the official scoop on this error message??  Hearing about crashes is concerning.  Is that something we should expect??  The drone to go crazy and crash!?!?!  DJI-Jim has been on this tread.  It would be great if someone from DJI would tell us exactly what we should do when we see this message?  Land immediately??  Is crashing something that we should be concerned about??
2016-9-11
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Got this error message for the first time today on a P3S. Partly my fault and I'll tell you why. Had a full battery and a half charged one and wanted to do a deep discharge today. First flight on the full battery went fine, no error message and flew it down to 8%. Next battery, the half charge one. Well maybe a bit less than half, it was only 40%. And got this message a few times as I was doing bank turns trying to get it down to 8% also. Then when it got down to about 31% got the message "critically low voltage, aircraft will land". And that was it, it was coming down from about 50m up and there was no stopping it. One of the cells must have dipped too low, I guess. Thank god I was flying low over an open field. I say "my fault" because you should never fly on anything less than a fully charged battery, because of the voltage of the cells being unbalanced.
2016-9-11
Use props
fansb8355064
New

United States

I flew my Phantom 3 Professional on Maui in April 2016 shortly after updating the software to V1.8.80. Prior to this, I completed over 100 flights without any issues. About 12 minutes into the flight, a “propulsion output is limited to ensure the safety of the battery” warning popped up on the DJIGo app. I had never seen this error before the software update. I had no idea what this meant or what to do about it, so tried to troubleshoot and then tried to bring my Phantom home. However, its maximum speed seemed to be reduced by about half even when I was trying to fly forward at full speed. A few minutes later, when the Phantom was about half a mile away (it would have been home at that point if the max speed was not reduced), the battery ran down so far that it auto landed. I tried to recover it but was unable to find it.

The battery had less than 25 cycles and was still under warranty, as was the Phantom. I analyzed the flight record and discovered that after the warning appeared, my max speed was limited by about 40% when the elevator input was at max forward, even though my battery drain rate was unchanged:

This cut my range in half during the last 2-3 minutes of flight, very likely resulting in the loss. I contacted DJI tech support for a warranty replacement and uploaded the flight record as requested. A few months of back-and-forth communication followed, during which DJI attributed the loss to the wind, unforeseen environmental factors, and pilot error. DJI never explained what I had been doing differently from previous flights that caused the “propulsion limited…” warning and stated that the warning in no way indicated a problem with the performance of the Phantom. Ultimately, I filed a small claims suit for the cost of the Phantom and accessories (OEM impellers and battery) that I lost. In court, DJI argued that pilot error caused the loss and that a loss was not covered by warranty because there was no way for DJI to examine the Phantom. However, DJI was unable to explain what pilot actions caused the propulsion to be limited. I argued that I lost my Phantom because it’s range was cut in half in the last 2-3 minutes of flight and that DJI never informed Phantom owners about what could cause this or how to prevent it. I also pointed out that complete loss of the Phantom due to hardware failure was covered by warranty.  The court ruled in my favor and awarded me the cost of the Phantom, accessories, and court fees.

Needless to say, I’m very disappointed that I had to take the time and effort (six months and over 20 hours of my time) to go to court to get warranty service for my Phantom. I can’t imagine buying another DJI product until there’s a drastic change in DJI customer service policies. I should mention that I did ask for DJI feedback  on this before posting, and the feedback was, “we are working on improving both the statement of the warning and our customer service, based on your and other customer’s feedbacks. We are in the process of revising that particular warning involved in this case, for more clear instructions and better wording.”

Flight Map

Flight Map

Flight Data

Flight Data

Court Ruling

Court Ruling
2016-11-2
Use props
djiuser_aS4NA7H
lvl.1

Indonesia

Try not to fly 2nd time on one fully battery. The Bettery must be finish on one flight or until batery warning. than you can charge again.
2018-1-4
Use props
djiuser_aS4NA7H
lvl.1

Indonesia

Try not to fly the second times on fully charged battery. the battery must be used until batery warning  in one flight.
2018-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules