1799 12 2016-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Captain Jimbo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 624196 ft
New Zealand

Hi Team

I have just purchased an Inspire Pro to use commercially for 3d mapping and video inspections.

I have a Samsung galaxy Tab 2 which runs dji go and pix4d Mapper, my question is, if i buy an ipad mini 2 to use with my second controller for controlling the camera will i have any connectivity issues?  upon doing a bit of research it seems that there are a few apps that are avaliable for Apple that could be better currently than there android counter part.

would be nice to be able to have the option either way?

Cheers
2016-2-2
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

I  agree that both of them are pretty good devices to use with DJI products.  I've used both and still cant say which one is better.
2016-2-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

no problems with Apple IOS both master and slave with the iPad mini 2. I also use the AutoFlight logic... 3.1 beta right now. We were just notified of some issues with the DJI firmware and the third party apps, so I am not using it until the new update comes out

Rich
2016-2-2
Use props
Captain Jimbo
lvl.3
New Zealand

I purchased an ipad mini 2 aswel.  I will give them a whirl this weekend. i am hoping to try map pilot as it lets you put in way points before starting the mission.

Cheers!
2016-2-3
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Captain Jimbo Posted at 2016-2-3 14:32
I purchased an ipad mini 2 aswel.  I will give them a whirl this weekend. i am hoping to try map pil ...

Try litchi for waypoints.
2016-2-3
Use props
nativeimages
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164908 ft
United States

I found through my experience that iPad Air or air  2
2016-2-3
Use props
nativeimages
lvl.2
United States

Works best.... I've used both and I've had problems with tab pro 12.2 inch model.... Mainly with the go app.... Trying to use the forum part of the app with the tab pro 23.2 inch just displays s white screen.... Then when I press anywhere on the screen it responds as if I had selected a topic and brings it up .... Strange..... Hmmmmm....
2016-2-3
Use props
nativeimages
lvl.2
United States

Darn smart phone keyboard.... 12.2 inch tab pro.....
2016-2-3
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

I have both the Samsung tab 2 and iPad Air 2...... I found both work well......... however, the iPad blows the doors off of the Android for refresh rate.  Video is way smoother.  So my suggestion would be to use the ipad for flight controls, and the Samsung for camera.  

I would rather have the better real time video to fly with.  If the camera video lags a little, you won't fly into a tree.  
2016-2-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have this monitor to use as a 2nd device for someone to see what the camera sees.
Since you need something for the 2nd controller, this could be an inexpensive device. I don't know how tightly it would fit in the holder (don't have it with me) but it's a awesome monitor with rich colors and it's pretty bright too.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... _detailpage_o00_s00
2016-2-4
Use props
Captain Jimbo
lvl.3
New Zealand

successfully used the galaxy tab 2 and ipad mini 2 with the DJI go app. used the ipad to control the camera. everything seemed to work well. just waiting for the Map pilot app to work with the Inspire Pro now so i can program in some grids for mapping.

Good Start though team!

thanks
2016-2-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-11 07:19
That looks a little like the Black Pearl which is the one we use.

There are a few niggles with th ...

I had the Black Pearl too when I had the old  Phantom/GoPro setup and I liked it.
But I never tried it with the HDMI, the monitor I posted about looked amazing with the HD video.

2016-2-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-11 14:06
The BP needs switching to HDMI mode every time it is powered up.

It won't fit in the controller... ...

I think I like the one I recently had had a much nicer picture. But I had the Black Pearl a few years ago so i can't fully remember. But that one had the RX, where as the one I have now is just a monitor.
2016-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules