DJI Updated and disconnect.
846 3 2016-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frankcarringto
New
United Kingdom

Update

I have the DJI APP installed on my tablet.  Been there for several weeks now.  The tablet just told me the DJI App has just updated itself.    I now have 2.6.0 on there.  What was the update?  What improvment or restriction was implimented?  Is there anyway to turn this automatic update off?

Disconnect.

To test the Return To Home system, rather do it now than in an emergency, I flew the drone away from me.  Its a P3P.  I then switched off the Remote Controller.  After what seemed like a long time it did rise then moved back to the home point and started to decend.  As it got lower I thought right thats worked time to regain control.  RC went back on but no matter what I did the RC kept the screen saying "Disconnected".    I did try the controls anyway and managed to raise it up and side to side, but it still said disconnected.  It landed itself and I turned off the props.  

I then tried again to re-establish connection with the drone.  Trying every thing I could think of. Turning off Drone battery, RC controller, Tablet but still got the message "Disconnected" I tried all sorts of things Drone batter off then on and then RC off then on and visa versa.  In the end I felt like I had tried every combination I could think of. Still "Disconnected".  I fiddled around for a while longer and eventually I got "Safe To Fly" back.    There must be a safe combination or time etc to make this work first time but what is it?  Can anyone tell me please?

Thank you.
2016-2-3
Use props
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi Frank. This happened to me the other day. No matter what I did or how long I waited the RC just would not connect to the phantom. I eventually found the answer on here and it worked! The answer was to do an imu calibration. Also I have read on here somewhere that when connecting the RC and phantom they should be at least 10 feet away from each other. Hope this helps.
2016-2-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mostly updates was for X5 camera features.
2016-2-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can also test RTH by pushing the RTH button on the RC or in the app.
As far as the Disconnect, are you still having issues? If so, try another USB cable and see if it connects quickly and all the time now.
And yes, if you don't want automatic updates, then set your phone/device to disable automatic updates.
2016-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules