Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Anti-drone weapon
1388 9 2016-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
naildrivingman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112451 ft
United States

I saw on the news the other day a report that the Dutch are teaching Eagles and falcons to hunt down drones.   The footage was pretty impressive. These birds could come in and grab the drone and not even be touched by the propellers. I would guess that is what is coming next to the United States.

2016-2-3
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has been discussed already here : http://forum.dji.com/thread-41635-1-1.html
2016-2-3
Use props
naildrivingman
lvl.3
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-3 11:43
They seemed able to deal with the little toy quad they were using but I wouldn't like to see an eagl ...

Yeah I get that and I agree the larger the drone the more unlikely it would be to be attacked by a bird of prey
2016-2-3
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Maximum  what eagle can handle is P3 which  probably also will cut a poor bird, not even talking about inspire...
2016-2-3
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

Im just trying to fathom what service an eagle can provide that other technology we have can not.... about the only thing I can think of is a couple of eagle's could provide watch over sensitive territory ,  basically 24 hours a day.
That still dosent add up... If  someone intends to do harm i can promise an eagle isn't going to stop an individual that is motivated enough, and has enough resources to strap a bomb to a drone.... in the first place.

In my opinion its a stupid Idea..... period.  and the num skull risking the health of the eagle need's  a boot in his be-hind.
2016-2-3
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Redundant Thread - please check before you create a new one!
2016-2-3
Use props
naildrivingman
lvl.3
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-2-4 01:43
Redundant Thread - please check before you create a new one!

Gee,  Australia must be way ahead of US.  I literally saw this on Feb 1.  That would be Feb 2 down under.  Sorry to inconvenience the community.  BITE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2016-2-4
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

This thread was created 2 days ago sunshine - by someone who is US based.
Take your attitude elsewhere.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-41635-1-1.html

2016-2-4
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-2-4 03:18
This thread was created 2 days ago sunshine - by someone who is US based.
Take your attitude elsewh ...

Can't see it matters if he wants to re post something? Didn't see this in the rules section? Maybe I'm wrong here but perhaps you should bite him?
2016-2-4
Use props
SkyDen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31152 ft
United States

Dangair Posted at 2016-2-5 03:47
Can't see it matters if he wants to re post something? Didn't see this in the rules section? Maybe ...

I agree.  To many forum cops out there.  If this user reposted consistently or something I could see a mention but a one off hardly warrants a scolding.  
2016-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules