1437 9 2015-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any one using the android app? And can you access the simulator?
2015-1-4
Use props
DJI-ZT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 411411 ft
China

I am sorry to inform that the simulator is not done yet for the android.
We are doing our best to merge the simulator in.
2015-1-4
Use props
DJI-ZT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 411411 ft
China

2015-1-4
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Are all the features working in the Android app as they are in the iPhone app or are we missing some features for now?
2015-1-4
Use props
powerhs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1195696 ft
United States

Why wouldn't you use an iPad and an Apple TV,  you could use airplay and stream the videos directly to the TV, so you could be flying around outside and people inside could be watching it on TV.
2015-1-4
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

powerhs Posted at 2015-1-5 04:56
Why wouldn't you use an iPad and an Apple TV,  you could use airplay and stream the videos directly  ...

Would that work? Or would the WiFi traffic interfere with the Inspire's 2.4Ghz signal?
2015-1-4
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

powerhs Posted at 2015-1-5 04:56
Why wouldn't you use an iPad and an Apple TV,  you could use airplay and stream the videos directly  ...

I have always used android apps. that does not mean that I would not use Ipad apps is just that Ipads are some what expensive. I just bought a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 for 150.00 in Tiger Direct. Still have time to exchange it if Ipad is a better . Any recommendations.
2015-1-4
Use props
rwt0227
lvl.2

United States

I personally don't buy Apple products because it's my belief they stifle creativity via limitation of your options. I love the flexibility of the android platform and couldn't do 1/2 of the things I do with my androids if I had an Apple product (without playing the cat & mouse game with updates & jailbreaks).

Examples: I spoof GPS location (allows me to fake NHL app into letting me watch my local games), I spoof my MAC address - allows me to use my chromecast in a hotel (a chromecast cannot "agree" to terms of service that most hotels have when you access their wifi) - I tether my other devices (laptop, kids tablets, roku in my car) for FREE. Sprint wants $35 a month for that privilege which is stupid considering I already pay for the data on my phone.

Listen, I'm not knocking Apple directly here. I think they make a beautiful looking product and help push the technology forward, I just wish they'd stop being stupid about it. Who the heck wants a cell phone you can't change the battery out of? Or add a larger SD card to? Why not go with the standard MicroUSB connection for charging? Why can't I have access to my root directory? It'd be like Microsoft telling me I can't see the C: drive and installation files. Ridiculous!  
2015-1-4
Use props
wtaylor
lvl.1

United States

Is there any plan for DJI to put the simulator into the Android App or maybe even releasing the simulator as it's own standalone app?
2015-2-12
Use props
brianmlevy.me
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Personally I am thrilled that the iOS app is finally available. I HATE Android devices. I tried the Galaxy S5 last year because I thought that the iPhone interface was getting a little stale. I lasted a week before I reverted to an iPhone. Having flown the Inspire 1 with iPhone 6, Galaxy S5 and the iPad, let me tell you, the experience on an iOS device is vastly superior...
2015-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules