Yaw Endpoint
6741 10 2016-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

Does anyone know what the yaw endpoint setting under gains and expo tuning is for? I can't seem to find any documentation about it and havent had a chance to experiment with it yet myself. If I had to guess, I'd say it maybe controls how fast the aircraft stops yawing after you let go of the stick. But that's just a guess.

2016-2-3
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

It just controls the speed of the YAW. For video shooting i suggest to keep it at 100
2016-2-3
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-4 06:33
It just controls the speed of the YAW. For video shooting i suggest to keep it at 100

Care to elaborate Tim?  Maybe another tutorial is required to clarify exactly what it alters?
2016-2-3
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

nigelw Posted at 2016-2-4 15:43
Care to elaborate Tim?  Maybe another tutorial is required to clarify exactly what it alters?

yeah, good idea for the tutorial
2016-2-3
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-4 01:33

Thanks for the reply. Might I suggest DJI add information about this and other gain settings to the manual? Seems odd these wouldn't be explained in it.
2016-2-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

jmtw000 Posted at 2016-2-5 00:16
Thanks for the reply. Might I suggest DJI add information about this and other gain settings to th ...

I agree, we need to add more features explanation to the manual
2016-2-4
Use props
gedgar2016
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1700968 ft
United States

I think it's maddening that there is no tutorial,  because precise yaw control,  in a machine where that's your online way of panning,  is critical.   And the defaults are BLAZINGLY fast.  In the P4 Sport Mode, I think it's too sensitive and fast to just fly a precise heading.   "End Point" tells me that it might be the MAXIMUM yaw speed at full stick deflection.  I swear on the P4, and maybe the P3 too, it seems like 720 deg/sec.  Kind of absurd for any use.  I'm going to come doesn't on the yaw expo (sensitivity around neutral), and come down to 100 (from 150! Default), on the end point.  And see how that works, and tweak.  Why yaw is SO fast is kind of a mystery too me.   If these were FPV racing quads, I bet the yaw might still be too fast. LOL.
2016-3-24
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-4 01:33

Why not call it   "Aircraft Yaw Exponential" then, what a  terrible name.   Yaw Endpoint makes me think how far you want the Yaw to be in Relation to the aircraft Yaw.

Thanks - donnie
This is rhetorica,l no need for a retort, I think we all agree the name sucks and need more tutorials.
2016-3-24
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

I believe it's an old RC term which relates to the endpoint of servo travel. The further the servo travels, the further the associated flight surface will travel. So as far as yaw endpoint is concerned, the further the endpoint, the faster the yaw.
2016-6-4
Use props
aerofart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427969 ft
United States

Yaw Endpoint basically cuts off the travel of the yaw stick.  So for example, if you move the stick all the way in one direction (100%), it really only counts it as 30% if you set your Yaw Endpoint to 30%.  This setting is great combined with EXP settings because basically, you get to take the shallow end of the EXP curve and "spread" it across the entire travel of your stick, and you'll never hit the steep end of the curve.
2018-1-28
Use props
aerofart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427969 ft
United States

Here's an illustration of Yaw Endpoint applied to an EXP curve.  Applying this endpoint essentially stretches the curve between the two endpoints to the edges, eliminating the steep ends of the curve.  So you'll basically have very fine control of your aircraft over a very shallow curve.  End result: very smooth cinematic motion!

2018-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules