Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

DJI Osmo Hackathon to be held at Developer Week 2016

2016 DJI Developer Challenge official rules announced

hackaton2.png

(San Francisco, U.S.A., Feb 4, 2016) DJI, the world leader in aerial technology, will challenge developers attending Developer Week 2016 to build a creative mobile application around the Osmo, DJI’s first fully integrated, stabilized handheld 4K camera.

DJI today also announced the official rules for the 2016 DJI Developer Challenge, inviting developers to help transform search and rescue missions using DJI’s aerial technology and latest software development kit.

DJI Osmo Hackathon

DJI will host a technical workshop onsite to introduce its latest mobile software development kit to help developers unlock the full potential of the DJI Osmo. Participants in the DJI Osmo Hackathon will be tasked to come up with a creative usage application around the Osmo, developing it on DJI’s Mobile SDK 3.0 (https://developer.dji.com/mobile-sdk/). The two-day Hackathon will be held on Feb 13-14, 2016 in San Francisco and is now open for applications. The winning team will receive a US$3,000 cash prize and one DJI Osmo for each team member.   

Using DJI’s signature three-axis gimbal stabilization technology, the Osmo eliminates the shake of traditional handheld devices, creating cinematic shots in an easy-to-use, easy-to-set up form factor. The modular format of the Osmo comes standard with a 4K, 12-megapixel camera with a 1/2.3” sensor, a 94° field-of-view lens and is fully-compatible with DJI’s Zenmuse camera series.

To register for the DJI Osmo Hackathon, please visit http://www.developerweek.com/hackathon/.

2016 DJI Developer Challenge

2016 DJI Developer Challenge.jpg

The 2016 DJI Developer Challenge, now in its third year, is a highly anticipated event for the startup and developer community. This year, DJI’s challenge to developers is centered around a theoretical search-and-rescue mission. Using DJI’s SDK suite including the new and redesigned Mobile SDK 3.0, Onboard SDK and Guidance SDK, participants will be tasked with programming their drone to autonomously take off from a moving vehicle, collect data on the whereabouts of survivors and transmit the information from the disaster site back to the vehicle, then land autonomously on the same moving vehicle. Official rules of the challenge have been announced and can be found here: http://bit.ly/1UJl48D  

The fifteen teams shortlisted into the challenge’s second round will be provided with DJI's Matrice 100 (developer aerial platform), X3 (4K gimbal mounted camera), Manifold (onboard computer with powerful image-processing capabilities) and Guidance (5 sensor visual sensing system). The teams will provide progress reports leading up to the final competition. Ten teams will advance into the final round, where they will use their app to perform the mock search-and-rescue mission, taking off and landing on a moving Ford F-150 pickup truck and transmitting the data collected.

DJI is collaborating with Ford Motor Co. (NYSE Symbol F) and the United Nations Development Program (UNPD) on this year’s developer challenge. The competition features a US$100,000 prize to the winning team and is open to students and developers around the world.

For more info about the 2016 DJI Developer Challenge, visit http://developer.dji.com/challenge2016

Video introducing the 2016 DJI Developer Challenge:

About DJI

DJI is a global leader in developing and manufacturing innovative drone and camera technology for commercial and recreational use. DJI was founded and is run by people with a passion for remote-controlled helicopters and experts in flight-control technology and camera stabilization. The company is dedicated to making aerial photography and filmmaking equipment and platforms more reliable and easier to use for creators and innovators around the world. DJI’s global operations currently span North America, Europe and Asia, and its revolutionary products and solutions have been chosen by customers in over 100 countries; for applications in film, advertising, construction, fire fighting, farming, and many other industries.

For more information, visit DJI online: www.dji.com  

Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DJIGlobal  

Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DJIGlobal  

Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DJI  ​

For more information, please contact
Kevin On – kevin.on@dji.com

2016-2-3
Use props
mgstuhrenberg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113658 ft
United States

thats cool
2016-2-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Going to participate?
2016-2-4
Use props
mgstuhrenberg
lvl.2
United States

not that smart
2016-2-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

The competition features a US$100,000 prize to the winning team and is open to students and developers around the world.{:3_41:}
2016-2-4
Use props
mgstuhrenberg
lvl.2
United States

could check out one my post? plz need something anwser?
2016-2-4
Use props
mgstuhrenberg
lvl.2
United States

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41851&page=1&mobile=2#pid310547
2016-2-4
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

I'm a game dev. not nearly this smart tho
2016-2-4
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

If only I had more techy friends that lived near me and IF we all lived near California.
2016-2-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

yeah, i've already replied you in that thread
2016-2-4
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Canada

I want to mess with the SDK. I cannot for the life of me import the dji mobile sdk to android studio. The SDK tutorial is pretty confusing on the webpage. are there any video tutorials?
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Michael M Posted at 2016-2-6 09:54
I want to mess with the SDK. I cannot for the life of me import the dji mobile sdk to android studio ...

There are only video tutorials for the matrice 100.
SDK is the stuff for developers and guys who know how to deal with programming codes
2016-2-5
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Canada

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-5 18:10
There are only video tutorials for the matrice 100.
SDK is the stuff for developers and guys who k ...

thats me.      
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Perfect! Come and get this 100 grands!
2016-2-5
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Canada

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-5 20:04
Perfect! Come and get this 100 grands!

lol i meant i the guy who programs with code. I dont have an osmo sadly. I want to get the sdk working so i can develop e an app for phantom 3
2016-2-5
Use props
noaches232
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-4 22:08
The competition features a US$100,000 prize to the winning team and is open to students and develo ...

If I lived on the west coast then of course I would register. I live in CT. Any chance there will be a hackathon on the East coast any time soon?
2016-2-8
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Well if I had the cash to burn for equipment and such, I could write a whole series of programs.  
Already wrote something similar for detection of objects using single cam and AI avoidance but without the real equipment, not much you can do but do simulations.

2016-2-12
Use props
daniel.jasim
New
Flight distance : 5135 ft
Sweden

Awesome!, cant be better!
2016-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules