Triple charger any good?
2879 20 2016-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

So what do you all think of this charger gadget? Useful or rubbish?

http://www.banggood.com/DJI-Phan ... -In-1-p-994587.html

If it's good then not a bad price at all.  
2016-2-4
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

And here is one that charges 4 at a time. But this one gives no info on the amp rating so could be weak.

http://www.banggood.com/DJI-Phan ... gn=quad-GB&ebay

What is DJI stance on using 3rd party chargers?
2016-2-4
Use props
Mutterranch
lvl.2

United States

I bought what looks like the same charger from Amazon. Their customer service is outstanding. If you have a problem, they refund immediately. I like my charger. It will charge their batteries and the controller at the same time. Mine is marked CE ROHS and is made in China. It is also labeled for Phantom 3. (Input: 100 - 240V  Output: 17.5V 4A)
I've also bought products from bang good.com. Do so at your own risk! Their customer service SUCKS! It took me 5 weeks and 15 e-mails back and forth to get a $5 refund for parts that they admit were shipped to the wrong address. AVOID BANGGOOD AT ALL COSTS!
EDIT: I just re-clicked the link in your post and came up with a different product than I did the first time. My charger is the blue one with a cooling fan. http://www.amazon.com/SKYREAT-Ba ... tom+battery+charger
2016-2-4
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

Ive bought the blue one from china.
It charges faster than the P3P charger does. I still only charge flight batteries with it and use the P3P charger for the remote.
No issues so far.
2016-2-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You might like to check out this comment from the link you provided for the blue charger:

Ordered 2 of these units. One unit DID NOT power up at all. The 2nd unit worked, so I put 3 batteries charging. A couple hours later # 1 of 3 burst into flames, spreading fire to a chair. Dragging all that outside, where battery #2 of 3 exploded. Now I have 4 small fires inside the house (counter and floor) and numerous fires of various sizes on the patio. Stopped all the fires, as the Fire department arrived. Their investigator took all the charger and remains of the batteries to investigate

Using a charger other than the approved DJI unit is a risky business. mostly because a 'charger' is not required, it is actually just a power supply. Other company's 'chargers' could do serious damage.

2016-2-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Bhujang Posted at 2016-2-5 00:46
And here is one that charges 4 at a time. But this one gives no info on the amp rating so could be w ...

That device is a hub, it does not charge all 4 batteries at one time, it charges them sequentially. The reason it does not give any specifications is because it uses the DJI charger to power it. DJI will flatly tell you not to use other chargers, and they are correct in that.
2016-2-4
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Also be aware as has already been stated in another thread, DJI will not honor warranty when using non-DJI charger, battery, etc.
2016-2-4
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

This is the one I've been using for almost a year.  It's not pretty, but it's a DJI product, and it charges three batteries at once.  I think I paid $12.00 USD from my dealer.  I just checked and saw it for $9.00 on one site, and $25 on Amazon.

triple-battery-charger-for-phantom-3-512px-512px.jpg
2016-2-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2016-2-5 13:14
This is the one I've been using for almost a year.  It's not pretty, but it's a DJI product, and it  ...

Who told you that is a DJI product?
2016-2-4
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-4 21:45
Who told you that is a DJI product?

It has a DJI stamp on it.  Ha .. that would be funny if it was a "reverse bootleg" and was actually made here in the US.  LOL  I got it from my DJI dealer.  I checked their website, and looks like an upgraded version came out with a few more capacitors or whatever on the board.
2016-2-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

HunterBrooks Posted at 2016-2-5 16:14
This is the one I've been using for almost a year.  It's not pretty, but it's a DJI product, and it  ...

That could actually damage the DJI charger by overloading it. Wouldn't touch that with a 40 foot pole.
2016-2-5
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Well opened up a can of worms. Think I will stay with the DJI charger that came with the p3p for now
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2016-2-5 13:58
It has a DJI stamp on it.  Ha .. that would be funny if it was a "reverse bootleg" and was actuall ...

Can you post a photo of that. DJI does not make anything like that.
And what is the dealer you purchased it from?
2016-2-5
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wouldn't if I were you. Remember you are dealing with an expensive smart battery. There are a ton of things that can go wrong with third party options.
2016-2-5
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2016-2-5 00:58
It has a DJI stamp on it.  Ha .. that would be funny if it was a "reverse bootleg" and was actuall ...

The stamp is bootlegged. That is definitely not a DJI product. Maybe a DIY product.
2016-2-5
Use props
Flipperman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4224925 ft
United Kingdom

I've used this since Nov and works great:

DJI Phantom 3 Battery Charger By Smatree- 105W 3-Channel Charger for Phantom 3 Profe... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015 ... s_awd_HPDTwbG3XZBZ7
2016-2-6
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ok heres one more that looks pretty good...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spinido®-Battery-Dock-Phantom-White/dp/B017OOTXXY/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1454846136&sr=8-11&keywords=phantom+3+battery

still probably not recognised by DJI but looks a lot better build quality.

Anyone use this?
2016-2-7
Use props
danieldust
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40837 ft
United States

Take a look at this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01423XBU6
For $39.99 and free shipping, it is an absolute steal!
2016-2-7
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

I use one of these. It's just a battery dock that still uses the DJI charger and charges the weakest battery first. I use the same one for the P3 and P2V+, just change the charger.
Spinido.jpg
2016-2-7
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

I use the DJI Charging hub. It only charges one battery at a time like was previously posted. But the charger power pack does have a larger output to it so it does charge them a bit faster.
Standard charger I got with my P3S has output of: 17.4V @ 3.3A
The charging hub is : 17.5V @ 5.7A
They do charge faster in the hub.

Mike
2016-2-7
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

Bhujang,

I you have the time to wait for single charges, get DJI's HUB. Up to 4 batteries but one per time.

I got one.

Works like a charm and if doesn't, it is all from DJI... nobody else to finger point.
2016-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules